lol so much hate on bezels but weirdly enough you dont seem to see people complain about iphone's main line up design lol. anyway...
I personally like the design aesthetics of sony's phones. Its like there is a balance in the shape. when you look at it, you can immediately tell its a sony similar to what edged screen is to samsung. do actually prefer the XA design than the X flagships ones tho. they look sleeker imo.
If this is not your cup of tea then move on. there are plenty of alternatives out there ;)
rj23, 05 Jan 2018This year I will go for a midrange device. I would either go for a Nokia 6 2018 or the XA2 Ult... moreWell, its up to you but, for same price its still better to buy 1 yr old flagship than new midranger...
Looks interesting and i hope with the new release old model price come down.
This year I will go for a midrange device. I would either go for a Nokia 6 2018 or the XA2 Ultra from Sony. Nowadays phones are getting so much expensive and they get outdated so easily as well. Might as well save some money for investments and just buy a great midrange device that would fit my needs.
AnonD-664474, 05 Jan 2018Not listening to customers, uh huh?
1. Xperia XZ Premium had an issue about barrel distorti... moreWow.. Awesome answers dude and that's all true... Wait for flagship announcement...
8 January 2018 at CES 2018 Sony Event....
all is fine.but only one thing dissapoint me ,the camera position,i mean why make camera position on the middle? ,i prefer camera position on corner,like they use to be,i hope high end xperia dont make this move.this just my personal opinion
Anonymous, 05 Jan 2018Lol. better? good jeeeoke. same old ugly design, same automode camera problem, same old featu... moreDude, why you are always playing tug of war in all Sony threads, you don't like Sony and you have the most presence in all Sony threads.
AnonD-692005, 05 Jan 2018Let's see, Sony struggles with their overpriced phones to be relevant at the future. It's poss... moreor one of those brands will buy sony's mobile department. foxcon bought sharp. lenovo bought moto. sony will probably the next victim.
maybe someday we will see new brand like XiaoNy (xiaomi + sony). LOL
AnonD-696124, 05 Jan 2018i love it how sony reigns in the console and camera department but totally suck at the smartph... moreI'm glad you are happy with your purchase but Sony flagships take better video and have better quality screen than 5T
Anonymous, 05 Jan 2018Lol. better? good jeeeoke.
same old ugly design, same automode camera problem, same old featu... moreDesign can be a personal taste. It may not be the most beautiful thing in your eyes, but it doesn't mean that no one else sees it as a beautiful device. I do. So with all full respect, please shut up in the aesthetic.
Btw I'd rather have bezels than a notch.
I don't know about you, but I tried both the XZ Premium and XZ1 for several times already (also both in Android Oreo software) and their cameras in Auto Mode are fine. I mean, they don't produce the best photo out of a smartphone, but they get the job nicely done. How about that 960fps Super Slow Motion that has bothered Samsung to make the Galaxy S9 and S9+, and quite surely the Note 9, to have 1000fps Slow Motion video recording capability?
Sony's software is world class.It's probably the skinned version of Android that I like the best. Elegant yet simple, functionalities are also very good. Again, this interface might not look good to you, but doesn't mean no one else sees it a pretty UI.
Once again, with all full respect, please shut your mouth up especially if your statement is irrelevant.
The true meaning of feature-less is iOS, not Sony's UI. But other phones have features that can basically be found in the Play Store; sometimes they are better than those other OEMs provide, and whenever I need an extra storage, 'uninstall' is always present.
The so-called "low sale numbers" is basically done without even trying to promote the phone to the whole world. 10 million units even without any major promotion is a serious achievement right there. Samsung and Apple need to cover our faces with their advertisements just to sell well.
And sales can't determine the true quality of the phone.
Galaxy Note 8 is a highly anticipated device with impressive amount of sales, but it suffers from such issues that the Xperia XZ Premium, the true underdog flagship of 2017, doesn't have. iPhone X is another very popular device that also comes with great amount of sales, but its iOS 11 is full of bugs and not everybody likes it, too, just like the Note 8.
If ever you have based the greatness of a phone on its number of sales, then you could have just said that Toyota is better than Ferrari because of their superior sales.
AnonD-696124, 05 Jan 2018i love it how sony reigns in the console and camera department but totally suck at the smartph... moreall those you mentioned have bezeled midrangers too. Some even bigger ones.
You are so off shoot.
Minuscule bezels for their flagship greets a warm welcome but not the 18:9 SAR. For a company which also contributes to the motion picture industry, they should know better
AnonD-696124, 05 Jan 2018i love it how sony reigns in the console and camera department but totally suck at the smartph... moreNot listening to customers, uh huh?
1. Xperia XZ Premium had an issue about barrel distortion on its camera. A few months after, Android Oreo arrived to the XZ Premium, which includes a fix for camera distortion in the camera app.
2. The low volume key placement on Xperias were questioned and hated by many people, to the point that they have to ask Sony to move it to a higher place; now look at the volume key placements on their new Xperias. XZs was the last one to have it below the power button/fingerprint scanner.
3. Low volume level of Sony phones' speakers was a long time problem by many users. With the XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, Sony has made the dual front stereo speakers 30% louder and 40% more sound pressure. Android Oreo has also improved the volume level of the Xperia XZ Premium, while new security patch updates on Xperia X has also boosted its speaker volume quite significantly over time.
4. Fingerprint scanners are disabled in European countries on Xperias because of licensing issues. Not that they could pay for it to have it enabled, so they put the scanner at the back instead to have it working; not the best place to be IMO, but I'd rather have it on the back, fully unlocked in all regions, than have it on the side, which is a great and unique place, but disabled in selected countries.
5. The low light images out of Sony's Xperias are usually behind the bests. It is mainly due to the lack of an OIS that holds it back. Now, Sony has published a new technology called "Dynamic Vibration System" or DVS, which is a more advanced version of OIS. I'm not sure yet how it works and how will it be better than any conventional OIS (it will be better, but I really don't know how just yet, maybe no wobbling effect during video recording while running/walking/whatever). But it will be coming to at least the flagship 2018 Xperia.
6. Small bezels were asked by many users (you know about this already). Latest leaks of the XA2 series show an improvement in bezel size (not the slimmest, but I can see the XA1 series having larger ones even without comparing them side-by-side) and even the low end L2 gets a nice touch of design retouch. Of course, the flagship Xperia this year will be on another level, again, to keep up with the times.
AnonD-692005, 05 Jan 2018Let's see, Sony struggles with their overpriced phones to be relevant at the future. It's poss... moreAnd that information explains why the Xperia XZ Premium with so-called "bezeltastic" design was rated as the best new smartphone of MWC 2017 instead of the LG G6 with "bezel less" design.
AnonD-664474, 05 Jan 2018Nah. Having Sony stop making smartphones is one of his biggest dreams and wishes. And I'm afra... moreLol. better? good jeeeoke.
same old ugly design, same automode camera problem, same old featureless boring ugly ui, same low number of sales.
all happen every year over and over again.
meh. even china brands never repeat the same failures over and over again.
Good design with sensible bezzels with Sony s signature .. Unlike last year models like XA1 and XA1 Ultra with wide bezzels .. Tnx sony and i m sure sony use bezzelless design in flagship and high end range.