Tribucks, 28 Nov 2013I just got a card in the mail asking me to join this lawsuit. It's about time -- this was my f... moreWhat does the card say exactly? I'm away at school, and my family is mailing me the card, but I wasn't told exactly what it says. Thanks!
I just got a card in the mail asking me to join this lawsuit. It's about time -- this was my first smart phone and the TMobile people talked me into spending a little more because it was supposed to be so much better a device. It has sucked: screen freezes, unexpected shutdowns, images that won't load etc. I'm sort of glad to see I'm not the only one to have these problems.
The G2X has a lot of very good features and initially I was very pleased. However, it became a nightmare and in the 11th month I went for a warranty exchange G2X and got a phone that is much worse. Battery duty life is about 4 hours depending on what you are doing. Just texting and emailing will wear it down quickly but some programs seem to drain the battery very fast.
1. The G2X Will freeze up and have to remove the battery to unfreeze it. This can happen up to 4 times a day.
2. This phone will also power off and lock and the battery has to be removed to power on again. This to can happen up to 4 times a day.
3. Occasionally I find the back of the phone to be warm to hot. I will look at the battery meter and find it draining rapidly. It will drain totally in less than half an hour at times, other times up to an hour. I have tried to note what program or mode the phone was in when it began to drain the battery but it is never the same.
4. Phone is fully charged and turned off every night. Sometimes when it is turned on in the morning it will have drained the battery to between 60 - 80% while off. Different batteries have been used and the phone does the same. This happens 1 to 2 times a week.
5. The weather, GPS, and other Location Dependent Apps will often open with the phone being in Los Angeles or other cities I have not been to. This should be impossible when it has never been West of the Mississippi in the time I have owned it and I live in central Tennessee.
6. Numerous times the phone has auto powered off, during a conversation, while lying on the desk, and when ending a call through a Bluetooth headset.
7. Phone has auto rebooted several times but not as bad as the original phone. Often when on the charger it will reboot but no software updates are present. It has rebooted twice within 3 minutes.
8. A couple times a week when the phone is powered on and a Bluetooth device is to be used with the phone, the list of previously paired Bluetooth devices will be missing totally. Rebooting one or more times will usually find the list.
9 No Signal, No Service, like the original phone or worse at times and becoming more frequent. Can't dial out but can receive calls, can't send email but can receive email. Have to rely on text messaging sometimes when the phone doesn't work. Can be around other T-Mobile pones and they have no problem calling out and have bars of signal when the G2X is dead and within a 6 foot area of each other, same as the original G2X. I have learned to look for Wi-Fi signals to use the phone.
10. The phone has developed an intermittent delay of up to 30 seconds in Dialing out and Disconnecting. Sometimes it will take up to a minute to disconnect.
11. The display brightness will flicker while reading news, or other screens. This is constant and consistent.
12. Occasionally when a call is answered the phone will continue to vibrate until the call is ended manually or will vibrate until the battery is removed as you have no control over it.
13. Phone will began to play recorded music in the phone without being touched.
14. Will not power on without removing and replacing the battery.
There are more problems but this is enough to keep one frustrated. I was very disappointed when TMobile didn't want to help and I have been a TMobile customer since August 1997.
it true dont buy this phone lg p999 it the worst phone i ever buy ,,frozen,stops ,dont works updates ,at the finaly dont buy this phone
Anonymous, 05 Aug 2012Yes this phone is truly bad. Random shut downs and the heat it puts out is scary.how do i join the class action suit? i have been fighting tmobile for 16 months have had 4 new phones and am ready to scream.
Yes this phone is truly bad. Random shut downs and the heat it puts out is scary.
I had a problem my Lg optums-p999 phone my carrier is wind mobile becuse of the warranty they changed me new one still the battery is die fast with out use please colud u give us different phone?
Well - it's somewhat comforting to know that I wasn't alone on the screen freeze and sudden memory dump issues that I had with mine. I 'ALMOST' feel bad for accusing the eBay jerk of selling me a phone with known issues just to get out of the loss!! But he was such an ass that it makes me smile to know this... My wife and I said to hell with this lemon and bought two new HTC Amaze phones and my happy feet are still dancing - best decision I could have made!! SWEET!
Here in The Netherlands the same problem... I have the optimus 2x ( p990 ) and so does a friend of mine. He had trouble witj rebooting from day 1! Brought it back to the store, I believe, 3 times now ( maybe 4 ). And he gets the phone back exactly the same!! And I have the same problem now!! We both have an EXTRA LG VIP insurance something/something on our phones, but that does not seem to matter anything to LG. The phone itself is outstanding though!! I'm now going to flash it and will try CM7... Also strange is that any warranty stops if you root your OPEN SOURCE android OS. And that is completely idiot when you know that LG refuses to release updates (they PROMISED an update within SIX months on the day I got this phone!! Never heared of it again.. )
AnonD-14849, 25 Jul 2011I am so disapointed with my Optimus 2X. It is slower that my nexus one in many points. The ... moreI have an LG Xennon and it is the crappiest phone I have ever owned!The worst thing being the call quality.If i am out in public my caller can't hear me...but they hear everything around me ten fold! I was thinking of getting the Optimus 2x until I researched a little further. Apparently the optimus have a poor call quality as well( that and much more!) That's not ok, I use my phone for hm/wk/everything. I find them LG to be very complacent. I won't be buying anything else off of them anytime soon!
AnonD-14849, 25 Jul 2011I am so disapointed with my Optimus 2X.
It is slower that my nexus one in many points. The ... morehttp://androidpt.com/forum/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=151&id=189785&Itemid=61
Do not wait for LG to solve your problem friend.
CyanogenMod 7 now.
All problems solved and phone with Android Gingerbread 2.3.4
AnonD-14849, 25 Jul 2011I am so disapointed with my Optimus 2X. It is slower that my nexus one in many points. The ... moreblah, blah, blah, you are just repeating the article. i doubt you have the O2x!
I am so disapointed with my Optimus 2X.
It is slower that my nexus one in many points. The screen bleeds are so noticable that poeple think it is an old phone.
Not talking about the battery that cannot last more than 8/10 hours in light usage.
The worst is most certainly the call quality, I have to ask people to repeat every time and so they do, asking me to repeat. Even my old HTC Hero has a way better phone calls quality.
I will never ever buy an LG device again.
Anonymous, 21 Jul 2011Have been using o2x.. after the Baseband 622 update.. i absoultely have zero issues. Users mus... moreYes, the recent LG updates made the phone faster, battery life extended by almost 20-30% on some occasions.
Still bad practice to not put out the update from out of the box. Even worse practice from LG not to give all registered users a highly noticeable reminder to grab that update - especially if you know there have been reported issues.
lg shadow, 21 Jul 2011LG stays as the shadow of SAMSUNG. They can't go on without Samsung's innovation. Even the LG ... moreActually, no. Samsung hardly ever develops its own technologies, and never does it as a world first.
3Dtv = LG
M-class dual core cpu = Intel (years ago)
first gsm dual core cpu = LG
OLED = Sony (SAMOLED is not a different tech)
The list goes on...
AnonD-4697, 21 Jul 2011We discover today was some apps that aren't fully compatible...This make me a new question...N... moreThis is usually due to the GPU inside phones; especially apps with demanding graphics (transparencies/shadows/lighting/geometric shapes/shaders etc.) could show issues between brands.
LG G2x from t-mobile is a horrible phone and LG customer care is very bad. Have never wished to buy LG in the firstplace, but my contract had expired and the T-mobile person mentioned its better than iphone and bought it. Has been problem since then.
Is there anyway I can be part of the class suit?
H, 22 Jul 2011LG means Low Grade products. Have been avoiding buying it for years...bitter
huh! My g2x works perfect!