"The company has been struggling to find a strong selling point for the current LG G7 prototypes"
Well.... What did you expect after you ditched removable batteries? I called it a year ago!
LG G series stopped at LG G2 model - was by far the best phone available from them. Since that they start making extremely huge phones. Had g4, g5 - and both phones technically were really advanced, nice cameras with OIS, powerful processor, one of the best display on the market - but SIZE! mean it's huge. You cant control your phone with only one hand! Plus that bootloop issue. I still come back to my old G2 while looking for better camera/display/processor phone in the same size category. Andthere is NONE AVAILAVBLE! Only sharp s2 i consider but never got chance to see it in person. All other phones to my taste is a complete waste
Hopefully the new ceo along with this and other decisions starts showing a healthier functioning LG again.
Anonymous, 15 Jan 2018There are so many things they could do as a selling point
- extremely slim bezels, to be th... moreActually the G6 was not a good price ratio. It was just cheaper. But it cut corners all around and is technically therefor over priced.
Now to be a good flagship with any of those and at least up to date specs and be around that price or not much more would be good.
The less LG will produce it's crap - the more grood phones of other OEMs people will buy. Good news.
@LG If you are reading this, then kindly consider the below to make the upcoming flagship a perfect package for potential buyers like me:
- Stereo Speakers
- IR Blaster
- Battery capacity not less than 3500 mAh
- Sensible pricing
My view is that no flagship phone is without compromises on one or the other basic features. But if LG manages to incorporate the above points in upcoming flagship, it's going to be a near-perfect phone (not limited to 1 USP) and it will attract many more potential buyers.
Just bring in class leading cameras. They are not up to the nowadays standart now
Use 1/2 sensor and raw stacking technology
There are so many things they could do as a selling point
- extremely slim bezels, to be the one with highest Screen to body ratio
- above average selfie camera, for those who care about it. This would only add 2 Â€ or so in production
- great value for money, like the G6. If you have this, you need nothing else except the newest chipset (see OnePlus)
- a surround speaker System like the iPad Pro
- a headphone jack, I mean, for many this is still crucial, not for me but many others
- Ir blaster, nice to have for example when using it for the TV, because Wi Fi Apps canÂ‘t turn your TV on
- below screen fingerprint scanner. By now, it is possible so just do it.
They could also just combine all of this, because many of those donÂ‘t add much on the production nor the development cost, like seriously, slim bezels are a design choice, not a breakthrough technology you have to research for a long time. And great but cheap selfie cameras for the ones like Oppo and Vivo are stacked in boxes there In China.
AnonD-696124, 15 Jan 2018nice one, LG just build awfull phones with bootloop issues all over the place. Which is a sham... moreG4 and G5 were excellent without bootloop. The reason they did not sell was becasue Samsung is the trendy Korean.
Then again LG leadership does not care about good phones, bur rather good sales. As far as they are concerned all those phones are bad as they did not fill their quota...
Bring back the removable battery and ir blaster which was your only selling point and I'll buy it again.
M33, 15 Jan 2018Without bootloop, please!nice one, LG just build awfull phones with bootloop issues all over the place. Which is a shame and which got that reputation ever since the G series and the frst V series making them unusable.The repais were tricky and LG repaired it for big chunck of $$$.
That's why my last LG device was the Nexus 5 which got bootloop issues and still does today.
I switched to oneplus and never regret that decision, everything just works for a friction of the price.