PeterThePanda, 03 Feb 2018Yes, I have. The other Surface products are okay (Surface Pro, Book), but the Surface Laptop i... moreagree with you; its too much for the money. I decided to go to HP Spectre X360 15 inch 8th Gen latest 2017 model; it has HDMI, thunderbolt 3, good screen; 2in1, 3 USB, SD card, excellent keyboard and good trackpad.
Tsk.tsk.tsk.tsk.tsk. Too bad! Since it uses pure intel processors. It has the highest propability of getting the meltdown and spectre virus!
Well..... Let's get a laptop instead of these intel shenanigans.
Anonymous, 03 Feb 2018Get a PC or convertible Laptop (Lenovo Flex or Asus Zenbook Flip), man.
Why do you have to ... moreDesktops - Windows is preferrable because you can push all the power you want without issue on battery life
Laptops - Some Windows laptops have great battery life, unfortunately many of them are not available in our country. The only ones that are common are Asus, Lenovo, Acer and HP but not the best ones with great battery life, mostly the crap ones. The only other option are Macbooks, which I would rather get than buying a crappy Windows laptop.
Longevity of the hardware and the processor is one of my main concerns. IÂ’m sure there are other brands that offer better specs yet less price
Still too expensive. In 2018 we expect max 500 dollars to pay for a laptop, or to be for free when we buy a MS Office or Azure license.
Microsoft is disappointing for hardware, they keep silence on #flickergate problems, if you own Surface Pro more than a year you'll get this one.
PeterThePanda, 03 Feb 2018I don't like Apple, but I'd rather buy a Macbook Pro w/o TouchBar than that Garbage Surface La... moreGet a PC or convertible Laptop (Lenovo Flex or Asus Zenbook Flip), man.
Why do you have to feed either Apple or M$ ?
Just want to encourage u guys to check the HP elite x2 1012 G2 if u r interested in the SP form factor but want longer warranty and better QC.
the cost of SSD has to come down to $100 for 1TB
that will give a good spec bump to surface line
Intel 3d memory Optane technology will revolutionize these ultra book series a lot by 2022
Mr Bluesman, 02 Feb 2018Overpriced? Yes. But definetely a lot better than the competition with similar specs.Your comment makes no sense. Something that is overpriced just is overpriced if there are better ones at the same price available. If it got it's own price range, sure, but not if you can get something way better with the same money.
Stability and 4GB ram are like Windows Updates and 128GB storage.
They do not go together.
AnonD-472763, 03 Feb 2018Let me ask you this; Have you ever tried a Microsoft Surface before? - If you want upgradabil... moreYes, I have. The other Surface products are okay (Surface Pro, Book), but the Surface Laptop is the one riddled with problems and definitely not worth buying (particularly the slow SSD and really expensive price to get the biggest SSD capacity). Better than you buy other Windows laptops or even a MacBook.
PeterThePanda, 03 Feb 2018I don't like Apple, but I'd rather buy a Macbook Pro w/o TouchBar than that Garbage Surface La... moreLet me ask you this; Have you ever tried a Microsoft Surface before?
- If you want upgradability, then go for LG or many other laptops.
- Microsoft Brand is there to compete with Apple in the luxurious laptop category.
- SSD speed: I have owned a surface book, surface Pro 3, surface Pro 4, Microsoft Surface 3 10.5 inch and all of them without any speed issues so I don;t know what are you talking about.
The disadvantage for Microsoft are as follow:
- Questionable lifetime period: It will not last for a long time.
- Durability is like crap; if it falls down then that's it.
I don't like Apple, but I'd rather buy a Macbook Pro w/o TouchBar than that Garbage Surface Laptop:
1. Most of the Surface Laptop except the most expensive ones have really slow SSD (read and write), (even the most expensive Surface Laptop has an average SSD barely) faster than a Mechanical hard drive. Macbooks on the other hand have really fast SSDs.
2. That Alcantara cover will likely get covered in gunk after one or two years, so good luck cleaning it.
3. Windows 10 S(hit), enough said.
4. Zero repairability for Surface Laptops (watch the iFixit teardown video), it is basically a sealed-in unrepairable device. You have to destroy the Alcantara cover to get to the inside, plus the battery is solidly glued in and impossible to remove. Good luck fixing anything if it gets broken, or cleaning the fans. At least with a Macbook, it has screws on the bottom to access the internal, although Macbooks are still pretty hard to repair.
Anonymous, 02 Feb 2018This is the same strategy Apple used for their MacBook Pro with 128 GB storage. It makes the l... moreIt's such a shame that in today's world of HD and UHD you still have to choose a 128gb a complete ripoff.
And still no USB-C ports? What is this, a computer for 2005?