Anonymous, 15 Feb 2018For the price Sammy has been charging since S6, their phones should be the :
- best for... moreThere's no pleasing you.
I guess you should ask for a date with Jennifer Lawrence with every purchase of yours.
And btw do you break bad at home?
"Reimagine" huh! its a copycut not enovation mesenger and iphone has that one already. Super slow mo? sony did it first. Oh yeah! the location of finger print reader thats new! well done sammy.
AnonD-672395, 15 Feb 2018The amount of hate against this Smartphone is amazing.
Let's see what it offers:
1. Limitles... moreFor the price Sammy has been charging since S6, their phones should be the :
- best for photo
- best for videos
- Most beautiful
- 1st non- google to be updated
- Best audio
- Best battery life
The point is, no Galaxy is the best at any of these stuff.
The amount of hate against this Smartphone is amazing.
Let's see what it offers:
1. Limitless storage via MicroSD. No tubbish cloud storage and all that bull. Especially by companies that offer a measly 3Gb of what is already on your phone.
2. A mic jack, until such time as Bluetooth 6 is here with no lag, and 32bit sound like on the LG V30. Also the fact that you can charge while listening to music. A headphone jack os HUGE.
3. High frame rate video beyond the iPhone (which is above almost all Android phones right now). The Sony doesn't really count, firstly because it has soft 720p, and secondly cause it's for like 0.27 seconds or less.
4. The highest customer satisfaction in a smartphone regardless of the Note 7 fiasco. Samsung customers seem to be the most satisfied despite the grunters her or in other forums.
5. Decent after sales and 2-3 years of updates. Google also has updates but their glitches are amazing.
6. The best or 2nd best Super AMOLED Display in any smartphone.
7. One of the best looking smartphones, designwise.
8. Water and dust resistent.
9. Almost limitless screen layout and custumisation. From blavk icons to screen layout etc etc.
10. Wireless charging. And now high speed wireless charging similar to Quickshare.
11. Superb cameras. While it is true that the improvements in camera since the S7 have been very minor, Samsung cameras have been stellar for many generations now. I too hope, though, that they improve further. And that this time their computational photography algorithms have been seriously tweaked.
12. An f1.5 and f2.4 camera. Physical variable aperture seems pathbreaking. Especially considering that smartphones almost never have enough light, once the Sun goes down. I am guessing the f2.4 lens would be great for landscape kindda photography. With very wide depth of field to ensure almost everything is in focus.
13. Some pretty vile reactions from some people.
14. Dual SIM (or expandable storage). (Or a hack to have them both).
I hope the OIS quality has been tweaked further. And that HDR has been improved further. Also, the video could have more dynamic range. And I hope their video recording mic has been improved further.
Sonu4678, 15 Feb 2018Hey, don't tell him. It's our secret. i had to, sooner or later he would doom us all ;)
Anonymous, 15 Feb 2018-"We reimagined the camera, nkt the design. sry"
-SamsungJust like from S4 to S5? and S6 to S7?
It's a pattern, so hush.
Camera gimmicks like smileys? In videos and photos? AI chip to add virtual characters?
I absolutely love modern camera phones but I also welcome any progress in this area. Anything other than virtual gimmicks, I prefer my pictures fresh, clean, nice and without much editing. And I don't take selfies.
The main focus of the ad looked like it was about "Variable aperture" ... but no where on this article it mentions that.... lol
Anonymous, 15 Feb 2018To be honest, i have seen all kinds of photos on most popular flagships and they all suck on b... moreOf course they look bad on big screen.
DSLR and Mirroless have way bigger sensors, but still keep high resolution. None of them come with 12MP today, at least 20. Some cameras have +40MP.
High res pics have more info captured, better to edit. Of course that does not mean the software will deliver good photo.
Check the GSMArena photo comparison tool. Most flagships have 12MP. If you compare only phones with 12MP cameras, only U11 and Note 8 have great samples.
Way better than Pixel and iPhone. Speaking of iPhone X, even samples from XA2 and U11 Life are better.
I have compared all flagships from 2016-2017. XZ1, Note 8 and U11 are the best.
Mario, 15 Feb 2018Don't worry,, HTC U12 will come soon, with great camera tech too..If HTC hasn't declared bankruptcy by then.
AnonD-660035, 15 Feb 2018Today it´s all about marketing. With S8 they told the same and I pre-ordered it. It was ... moreTo be honest, i have seen all kinds of photos on most popular flagships and they all suck on big screen. You need to be under a hot sun with very bright light for it to be good so yeah, just save your money as long you have one of those more popular flagship from 2 years ago and use your phone till it's dead then buy.
Samsung phones poor software support , no proper update . Some idiots will write wrong reviews and people will be fooled
libertine007, 15 Feb 2018i wonder if you can take pictures of the future?You can't take picture of the past. All pictures taken are of the future, by definition.
So yes, this Samsung phone will/can take picture of the future.
Nikon or Cannon camera for 500 eur can do ultra awesome photos and for the 350 i stick with Mi7 which have same CPU and GPU same or higher disk space and much more ram. And thats still 100-200 eur less than Samsung flagship.
This phone is definitely worth but only a thumb down :-)