Nokia was never Top 3 in the United States even during their heyday a decade ago. Look it up. The U.S. is already poisoned by a rotten Apple anyway. Cancer to the industry. Their overrated ecosystem like the Bubonic Plague here.
Hard to get this fame but not hard for nokia nostalgia will change people back to nokia
Nokia has potential. But I fear that it's too late and Nokia missed the train. It wasted too many years on hopeless Windows phone. The smartphone market is now already fully matured. Phone sales number is staggering or decreasing worldwide. New innovation in phone tech become hard to come by. The pierce price war is already in full swing. Poor people in developing countries are buying Samsung phone. So no remaining frontier market for Nokia to venture into. Smartphone is now $500 billion business and near half of oil and gas industry revenue worldwide. It is really tough nut to crack. I won't hold breath for Nokia.
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018I thought it was coming after the FCC certification? or is it Canada only?The FCC certification for the TA-1005 variant shows a bunch of USA only bands.
It is coming here even if Nokia won't admit it.
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018The US market is 97% iPhones, with the other 3% Samsungs. Such a shame...Cause they’re the best phones right now. I don’t think so it’s 97% for iPhone and 3% for Samsung might be 90% iPhone and 10% Samsung.
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018You're proving my point. They are passionate about things that don't matter. Call quality: ... moreTL;DR "I just can't leave it alone and buy something else" lol calm down, nobody who wants to buy a Nokia will come to you for advice on anything better.
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018I thought it was coming after the FCC certification? or is it Canada only?Canada only I think, since they already cleared Industry Canada (FCC equivalent for certifications)
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018You're proving my point. They are passionate about things that don't matter. Call quality: ... moreHmmm. You really are Anonymous. Please look at 7+ specs. It pretty much offers whatever you just said it lacks; bigger batteries, good design with less bezels, timely update (android one).
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2018You're proving my point. They are passionate about things that don't matter. Call quality: ... moreGet a iPad iPod if u don’t care about call quality LOL, even Nokia’s call quality thru a data connection is superior n more reliable. Stop writing garbage.
The US market is 97% iPhones, with the other 3% Samsungs.
Such a shame...
[deleted post]You're proving my point. They are passionate about things that don't matter.
Call quality: nobody cares, few use phones for calls (I know ironic, welcome to the tail end of the 2nd decade of the 21st century).
Build Quality: Even cheap chinese have great one at this point
Design: Pretty much last, those giant bezels are remnants of another century
Camera: Nothing spectacular (unlike real Nokia which had excellent cameras)
OS: It's Vanilla but so what, many are offering vanilla or near vanilla experience at this point
Updates: Slow like most android OEMs
Specs: Hates RAM, locked to Qualcomm nuff said.
Look, this company , like many other with "good name" would have die hard fans. Doesn't make them good companies. To achieve that, they have to have firsts. Maybe , I don't know, offer full-day battery (still nobody's done this reliably), maybe offer a small phone with big screen (again, nobody's done this reliably), maybe offer a phone without reloads + big battery (oneplus is close but not perfect).
You know, try to stand apart. Nokia doesn't even try. It's just an old name that some people would religiously follow, not a good company...
[deleted post]I have more place for nokia in my heart than apple ..and i am indian
Imperator Neubaticus, 27 Feb 2018Im all for a nokia comeback. They deserve top 3 definitely and even higher if they could achie... moreTheir products are quite sub par compared to what exists out there. How come are you pro "Nokia" (HMD Global really)?
Do you love how the name rolls on the tongue? Really a company's reputation should be as good as her products. New Nokia hasn't proved much yet, trailing in pretty much everything, offering forgettable products at poignant prices...
As a Nokia 8owner this is completely possible. I thought about ordering the S9+. But the thing is I really like getting severity updates the month they come out, and regular Android updates
Im all for a nokia comeback. They deserve top 3 definitely and even higher if they could achieve it.
Nokia switching to android was their best decision ever. too bad they lost valuable years with windows...
I thought it was coming after the FCC certification? or is it Canada only?
Dang. I wanted a 7 plus. I guess I'll have to get a XA2 instead
It's obvious. US smartphone market is a saturated mature market, ie very minimal growth potential. The growth is in emerging markets, and if Nokia wanted to grow, they have to play in the growing market.
With them embracing Android One, I might start recommending/buying Nokia phones now.