AnonD-3877, 22 Aug 2011Still no 30 fps....what do you mean no 30 fps? are you blind?
[deleted post]wel wel ! you said no one care ? but we noted only android fans cares about nokia symbian topics ? than why you care ? if you not love nokia symbian stay away .
So far so good with Belle, a major issue is the browser crashing frequently, other than that, I like the new visuals and tones and it runs much smoother.
AnonD-2186, 22 Aug 2011fellas! I've tested belle and I tell you, it's really nice. On par with a gigahertz phone :)Good to know that...... But will wait for Belle, want to get the feel of Anna, which is a serious improvement in for S^3.
Why do people bother about ui? I face no problem with symbian ui. why do people need spoon feeding to use their mobiles? I think
..the functionality, performance, usability, hardwarewithgood built quality ofamobile are more important than its UI.
@ GSM Arena Staff:
Guys, your NOKIA link itself says that due to some mistake, its not 30 fps. It's 25 fps. Please update your text.
@ ALL THOSE CONSIDERING THIS UPDATE: I recently updated to 80 MB Anna and this 1.5 MB Camera update too. The changes I noticed:
1. You can finally set Image Capture Tones to "OFF". Thank you Nokia.
2. The "Video/ Image" icon is changed to "Scene Mode" Icon, which has 8 modes including a custom one.
3. While focussing, I'm getting a lot of red boxes after key's half press, even if my object is more than 15 cms away... This is not good. It means, I have to select Close up mode even for medium distance objects... It wasn't there earlier, I remember!
1. Exposure and Scene modes are accessible from the Video screen
2. Zoom is smoother. No more skipping frames between 1-2x zoom due to using the full potential of large lens, remember?
However, when you zoom in to 3x zoom, it takes 2+ seconds before it shows full quality, using the lens' full potential.
3. You can use front camera for video recording with Audio. Don't remember whether it was there before or not...
4. Continuous Autofocus is PROPERLY NOTICEABLE in the Close up Mode.
Even in close up mode, it takes 2 seconds or so to adjust focus to a new object/ distance which seems a bit too much.
In Automatic mode, it doesn't focus on things within 20-30 cms at all!
For far objects, I'm unsure whether it has C.Autofocus or not. Sorry for that.
Recommendation: Yes. This update makes things easier!
If you don't like it, remove it from apps manager. It's name would be "Camera Application"- 688 kb.
If anyone wants I can post a sample video on youtube. Just let me know what you want to see in it (zoom, continuous Autofocus, etc)
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2011Then get outta here, Samsung fanboy! This post is about Nokia phones and is mostly for owners ... moreI can confirm no one cares about your old fashioned phone and we can comment if we like.If you dont like the truth then get outta here and take you antique with you.
The S, 22 Aug 2011so then what is the big special with Symbian? ugly UI? may be.lolOK i agree that things like pics and folders do not perform cartwheels or backflips before opening,symbian UI is not bad at all .Its just not an eyecandy.Special about symbian hhuh....ruled the market with just one company (nokia), grrreat battery,not resource hungry either ,i own a symbian phone and from last 4 yrs no problems at all . I have used android as well.I thought it would blow my mind off ... but sorry to say it was good but not that gr8 by any means .At the end its choice and i prefer symbian.
wow... I hope that this udpate will be available in c7.. samsung fanboy!! get out!!!
we'll on your support Mr. Elop. I hope you will not leave symbian.
AnonD-3877, 22 Aug 2011Still no 30 fps....Yes it does. It doesn't give you the option to change the FPS, it's built in. Take a video, then browse for it by plugging your phone in to your PC/Laptop, copy the video to your desktop, then look at the properties of the video.
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2011You dont know what you are talking about. I have both the N8 and the Galaxy S and Samsung hav... more"I have both the N8 and the Galaxy S and Samsung have updated the SGS 3 times to Nokia's 1"
What about PR 1.1 and PR 1.2? And the other OTA updates?
fellas! I've tested belle and I tell you, it's really nice. On par with a gigahertz phone :)
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2011You dont know what you are talking about. I have both the N8 and the Galaxy S and Samsung hav... moreThen get outta here, Samsung fanboy! This post is about Nokia phones and is mostly for owners of the N8 to comment. You have no right to bash and troll Nokia and us Nokia phone users!
And Samsung deserves:
1) Zero credit (everything they copy from Nokia and Apple, i.e.: friendly UI(Nokia), faster broswing (Apple), everything, except for being the world's first touchscreen moblie phone manufacturer!)
2) Zero praise (Android is developed by Google! At least Samsung did their best to create Bada and Nokia has already done that with Symbian.) And
3) You think Andorid's great? It sucks! Why? 'Cause even with its latest updates it still: last for at least one day for phones with 1200mAh and below battery capacity, UI sucks more than iOS, bada and Symbian.
And in some independent mobile phone shops in Singapore, I see more second-hand lousy batteried Android phones than those better performing iPhones, Samsung Waves and Nokia's Symbian^3, Maemo N900 and X-series phones sold as such in those shops.
AnonD-13242, 22 Aug 20113 times?! it only means that your android has been lauched with many glitches.A typical Nokia fan, you better upgrade you firmware first...
somebody below said "Symbian gets minor updates almost every 2 months". that mean 6 times per year. according to your theory Symbian is full of bugs. right?
AnonD-13242, 22 Aug 20113 times?! it only means that your android has been lauched with many glitches.you people are funny. First your making fun of Sammy not bringing enough updates, when we got theproof of thst info aint correct, you start saying it mustve had many glitches, you people dont know what your taling about. Just in the past 8 month i received an update from Android 2.1 to 2.2 to 2.2.1 to 2.3.3 and now to 2.3.4 and it has nothing to to with fixing glitches, more with performance improvements!