Anonymous, 17 Apr 2018Persuade? Samsung openly sells them. It's just that no one except Meizu wants to buy.Not true. Samsung does not sell it openly and if it sells it sells unterlocked version or without few features. All proper batch keeping to themself. They no need to sell their chipsets cause it's not the main business driver. What it is more important is to supply chipsets to it's own phones and if there is a surplus, they when sell leftovers to Meizu by partnership deal, something like that.
It's a massive blow to ZTE. Mediatek chipset are not good enough, and people will not going to buy ZTE flagships without them, only option left to make its own chipset which will lead to insane R and D costs and will take a lot of time. RIP ZTE mobile division
It's all right. Let Chinese people use only chinese products. American use only non-Chinese products. soon we should see a country become so much behind time again. A country had been benefiting from trade for years, and now sounded too loud. It's silly to disobey the US. which is the true No.1?
What about Sony, Samsung and LG smartphones? They too send smartphones to Iran (with Snapdragon Chipsets)...so why Trump doesn't punish them as well?....this is clearly an economy war on China...
MarkoBarko77, 18 Apr 2018Ok, then from usa perspective, it's Putins fault. Right?How would I know? I'm not from USA.
cant they just use mediatek, exynos, surge or other chipsets available but not from the us?
This is a politics-economical war. And soon others will be objectives too. From China goverment you already can listen voices that they'll do whatever they need to protect their interests. One of the probable targets is Apple. Due to have a propietary and closed SO is easy ban the sell of their products there due to not be able to trust their software, etc, etc. You'll be able to manufacture them there (profits for China) but not sell them there, no money back to US. Time to time.
thebox215, 17 Apr 2018Apparently you dont because he used it in the correct context This is not a conspiracy Consp... moreTin foil hat implies extreme paranoia. The person is supposedly so paranoid that he/she wears a tin foil hat, in the belief that it would block electromagnetic radiation, and thus prevent others from reading or manipulating his/her thoughts.
mir, 17 Apr 2018That's not as easy as buying ice cream at the local convenience store, you know. Nah, Mediatek is not really that dead nor worst, i just care more about performance when talking about smartphones. And they're really good at speeds at some emulation though.
Dear ZTE, Getting good products is the right of everyone. Let it be Iran, Russia or North Korea. Do no feel bogged down when limited by bunch of criminals running a country. Grab Huawei's or Mediatek's latest offering and jump into our country Pakistan for sale. I am sure many of us would appreciate low-priced quality mid-rangerd
meh, 17 Apr 2018i'll take democratic capitalism over Chinese authoritarian, "social credits", no term limits a... moreAnd your "democratic" capitalism is becoming dumber and worse with it's liberalism, diversity, victimhood, immigration, increasing wealth inequality, feminism, anti-male (misandrist) laws, emasculated/feminized men, anti-white propaganda, planned obsolescence, debt-based economy, ... (These are aslo true for Europe, Australia, Canada, ... the American imperialism.)
(USA is not a democracy. It is a corporatocracy with puppet politicians and two-party system where an independent politican/party has no chance. The establishment like Rothschilds, George Soros, ... have the true power.)
What if all companies quit buying snapdragon and switch to Huawei / Samsung ? Dear USA please ban everyone from buying US products lol
For the Axon 9 to be successful without the SD845, ZTE will have to either use Samsung or Huawei top chipset. It's a big blow to the Axon 9 prospect.
That sucks! I've been using ZTE mobile products since 2011 and have become quite used to them. ZTE at least admitted to violating the sanction, US commerce didn't have to deny use of qualcomm chipsets, they paid the 1.9 billion dollar fine, isn't that enough!?!
Sorry, I got confused.
Xiaomi and Huawei are current main supplier of tele/data communication facilities in Iran. Both of them are official in China and Iran.
It is better to claim something meaningful. The think that that claim is the reason, is the funniest possible reasoning.
In fact they send Boeing and Airbus (Uses parts from Boeing) to that country directly.
A bunch of illegal suppliers who will become legal in near future are importer of ZTE products from illegal way like trafficking goods.
ZTE has zero effect on that country's technology.
If those who banned ZTE opened their eyes, they would ban the others which are the main supplier of smartphone for that country:
- Xiaomi - Redmi 5 Plus = SD625 = 11,490,000 IRR
- Xiaomi - Mi A1 = SD625 = 11,800,000 IRR
- Xiaomi - Mi Mix 2 = SD835 = 24,990,000 IRR
- Xiaomi - Mi 5s Plus = SD821 = 13,590,000 IRR
- vivo - X20 = SD660 = 27,590,000 IRR
- vivo - X20 Plus = SD660 = 28,600,000 IRR
- vivo - Xplay6 = SD820 = 27,290,000 IRR
- vivo - X9s = SD625 = 20,590,000 IRR
- vivo - X9 = SD625 = 19,750,000 IRR
- Oppo - R11s Plus = SD660 = 31,000,000 IRR
- Oppo - R11 Plus = SD660 = 27,590,000 IRR
- Oppo - R11s = SD660 = 25,990,000 IRR
- Oppo - R11 = SD660 = 24,590,000 IRR
- Oppo - A57 = SD435 = 11,590,000 IRR
- Oppo - R9s Plus = SD653 = 24,590,000 IRR
- OnePlus - 5T = SD835 = 32,750,000 IRR
- LeEco - Le Max 2 = SD820 = 12,450,000 IRR
- Huawei - Honor 7C = SD450 = 11,590,000 IRR
- Huawei - Y7 Prime = SD430 = 10,015,000 IRR
- Apple - iPhone X = A11 = 73,500,000 IRR
- Apple - iPhone 8 Plus = A11 = 61,400,000 IRR
- Apple - iPhone 8 = A11 = 50,050,000 IRR
- Apple - iPhone 7 Plus = A10 = 46,500,000 IRR
- Apple - iPhone 7 = A10 = 40,070,000 IRR
- Samsung - Galaxy J3 Pro = SD410 = 9,300,000 IRR
- Sony - Xperia XZ Premium = SD835 = 29,300,000 IRR
- Sony - Xperia XZ1 = SD835 = 27,200,000 IRR
- Sony - Xperia Z5 Premium = SD810 = 17,650,000 IRR
- LG - V30 = SD835 = 40,350,000 IRR
- LG - G6 = SD821 = 25,500,000 IRR
- LG - Q6 = SD435 = 14,550,000 IRR
- LG - K8 (2017) = SD425 = 7,450,000 IRR
- LG - K10 = SD410 = 7,600,000 IRR
- Google - Pixel 2 XL = SD835 = 65,450,000 IRR
- Google - Pixel 2 = SD835 = 57,200,000 IRR
- Nokia - 8 = SD835 = 22,700,000 IRR
- Nokia - 6 = SD430 = 10,800,000 IRR
- Nokia - 5 = SD430 = 9,500,000 IRR
- Nokia - 2 = SD212 = 6,280,000 IRR
- HTC - U11+ = SD835 = 36,900,000 IRR
- HTC - U11 = SD835 = 28,700,000 IRR
- HTC - U11 Eyes = SD652 = 22,500,000 IRR
- HTC - Ultra = SD821 = 17,880,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - Keyone = SD625 = 31,350,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - Motion = SD625 = 29,300,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - DTEK60 = SD820 = 20,100,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - Priv = SD808 = 17,160,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - DTEK50 = SD617 = 13,000,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - Aurora = SD425 = 12,800,000 IRR
- BlackBerry - Passport = SD801 = 11,850,000 IRR
If I was the judge or among jury, I would definitely say that "We hate the brand!"