Unless samsung gives all software updates to all phones in last 10 years it will loose all market share in coming days
Lol, so many clueless folks in the comment section have no idea of the versatility offered by Bixby's quick commands. I make a lot of use of Bixby's quick commands on my Note 8. For example, I simply say I'm on a Journey to do ALL of the following:
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Turn off NFC
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Set Location Mode to High Accuracy
- Turn on voice wake up and set wake up sensitivity to medium
- Set media volume to 90%
- Close all recent apps (to avoid any unnecessary background battery drain)
- Open Samsung Music and Play my "On the go Music Collection" playlist (now streaming over Bluetooth to my vehicle's speakers, or AUX to my work truck speakers)
- Open AutoGuard (turns my Note 8 into a DashCam and starts recording video in the background)
- Open Car Dashdroid (simply the best Car Mode app, automatically sets itself as the default launcher)
- Open Google Maps
- Confirm my Note 8 is set for the journey (this is a Custom chat I have set up to make it read aloud a custom confirmation message encompassing all what it assisted in doing, makes it less awkward when I have passengers in the vehicle)
Enter my destination in Google maps and place my Note 8 in my iOttie QI windshield mount, where it's fast charging wirelessly. On arrival, I simply say Hi Bixby I have arrived to do ALL of the following:
- Pause Samsung Music
- Turn on Wi-Fi
- Turn on NFC
- Turn off voice wake up (I really don't like anything listening 24/7 to me)
- Set locating method to battery saving
- Close AutoGuard (which stops the background recording)
- Go to the Home Screen (shows the Car DashDroid home screen)
- Go back (closes Car DashDroid and sets Nova Launcher back to my Default launcher)
- Confirm my Note 8 is out of driving mode (again, a Custom chat that makes it less awkward with passengers as it briefly describes what it assisted with instead of living passengers puzzled)
Try doing that with ANY other digital assistant on the market...
Does anyone really care about Bixby??? :))) At this point South Koreans are producing garbage bigger than China. Especially Samsung. At this point, Chinese phones are way more reliable than Samsung. Almost all Samsungs have some sort of flaw in them.
Anonymous, 17 May 2018Please ask Google? xDlol
Nobody wants bixby, nobody uses bixby, nobody likes bixby. Why is Samsung doing this?
Shit, this Note 9 update couldn't be more boring. Bixby, who cares... Give us an upgraded pen, for example. Make it more pen-like, drop the plastic, make it smarter, I don't know, but don't try to sell me the Note with just another half-stupid assistant. I've got Google Assistant, Alexa, Cortana, and never use them. Why can't Samsung just put together a truly tempting Note device?
LMAO..... YAWN!!!!!!!!!! Something else to laugh at Samsung.....
s9 have bixby 2.17 or someting like that..
I really really tried using it on my Note8, but its just not worth it (not bashing Bixby, but any assistant).. and the button is especially annoying. Disabled it a long time ago now.
Let me guess! It will wear the old sd845 sorry but No
Tech Guy 101, 18 May 2018Me. but why? just why?
Anonymous, 18 May 2018Who uses Bixby?Me.
Who uses Bixby?
I was hoping to see something more modern like Google Duplex. I guess Samsung AI not capable yet to do such things.
Anonymous, 17 May 2018And use Google Assistant :DIs Samsung Note 9 use Google assistant and also it Bixby just like the Google play store and also SamsungApps? If it is yes will these use more ram and storage. Just like everything become dual.
Interesting to see how much better bixby is going to be come 2.0.
The best in Bixby is dedicated button you can remap.