CatalinD, 05 Jul 2018this is a stupid comment most phones are built in China. If you want to pay half more for sam... moreYou have no clue about what's missing in those china replikas do you?
- First of all, there's no SD card slot
- there's no IP68 or MIL rating
- the quality build is nowhere near the real brands.
- the software is crap, not to mention it's spying the hell out of you
- 3-4 years ago, Huawei per example was the poor people's choice. Now, all of the sudden they are in the top with the big boys : the chinese gvt is behind them, supporting them because they are surveillance devices.
- they lie in the benchmark scores : they detect when a benchmark is going to be performed, so it overclocks the CPU to give better scores. In reality they never reach that score.
- in case you don't know, we're in a full hybrid war, and the area is mainly fought in the cyber domain.
- they have terrible updates
- your beloved Huawei stopped their bootloader unlocking service, so their users cannot root their phones anymore. No root = no possibility of altering the system and deleting the spying software and all their bloatware
- they're service centers are practically inexistent in Europe
- they are shameless replikas of the iPhone X or S8. I wouldn't use a NOtch phone even if you give it to me for free. NOtch interested!
- also, there's a HUGE difference between all of them beeing built in china AND having a chinese OS. The chinese are excellent for hardware building, but when it comes to software, boy they suck big time.
If you ask me to choose between japanese or koreean phones over china phones, id go for the first without blinking. I dont trust the chinese. They're communist. No way!
Also, why should I crave for a replika when I can have the original??
And no, stop missleading people. In Europe those "cheap" featureless spying replikas are on par or even more expensive than the real brands. That crap OP6 is more expensive than the S8+ or XZP.
Now, please answer with some real valid statements if you want me to change my mind.
Till then, I'll never buy one of them. Bleah!
Heck, my Oneplus 6 scores 286443. And someone on Oneplus's forum posted 294421.. So check your scores again..
Anonymous, 05 Jul 2018Vivo nex is also a prototype why they put it on a list?Because its not a prototype. Duhh. Its already on sale and available.
Pine, 05 Jul 2018Chinese trashy over-priced phone phone all over gsmarena...some good phone are there but mostl... morethis is a stupid comment most phones are built in China. If you want to pay half more for same trash is your choice. Have you tested and compared these trashy brands before or just speaking from your imagination?
It's cool to see the Red Magic almost in the same league as Snapdragon 845 powered phones, despite only having 835. It must be quite well designed.
Anonymous, 05 Jul 2018Vivo nex is also a prototype why they put it on a list?No, it's on sale already, at least from 3rd party distributors.
Pine, 05 Jul 2018Chinese trashy over-priced phone phone all over gsmarena...some good phone are there but mostl... moreHow are the chinese overpriced? most of them deliver the same or even supperior quality in comparison to LG, Samsung or Apple with 30 - 45 % less the asking price. Xiaomi mi8, OP6, Huawei Mate 10, Honor 10 are crazily good for what you pay
Pine, 05 Jul 2018Chinese trashy over-priced phone phone all over gsmarena...some good phone are there but mostl... moreAs far as I know all flagship phones (Apple, Samsung, Sony, LG, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oneplus, etc.) are produced in China and most of them in the same factory and using the same parts. With "Trashy Chinese" you certainly mean "Trashy All Brands worldwide"...
rog phone + ai boost
Chinese trashy over-priced phone phone all over gsmarena...some good phone are there but mostly are same with different housings..
No Asus ROG phone on list? Its antutu can reach 300k
stanley77, 05 Jul 2018and where is asus ROG Phone which is first phone over 300k ? asus will knock down all of them ... moreThe list includes released devices which have been tested 1000 times or more.
klaus, 05 Jul 2018where is iphone??? xdiPhone isn't on the same antutu as Android
China phones always have the highest benchmark. But in terms of camera, video and long term usage, they're all crap.
where is iphone??? xd
stanley77, 05 Jul 2018and where is asus ROG Phone which is first phone over 300k ? asus will knock down all of them ... moreFirst of all, I dont think Asus ROG is officially on sale as I couldnt find any info about its pricing or availability. Its status is even listed as 'coming soon' by gsmarena. As for the other phones you mentioned, yes those are 'highest' scoring phones on antutu. But here the scores are average per device, not the highest ones. The data is collected for June and are included only handsets that have data from at least 1000 units. Basically, it is average antutu score of 1000 units of devices in June.
Kiyasuriin, 05 Jul 2018I am using it daily, thank you very much.....
However. I am asking seriously. Which benchmark... moreWell there are two options to you:
1- You do every single benchmark and you pick the one which gives you the results you like (that's the Marketing option)
2- You do a bunch of meaningful stuff with controlled variables and time/measure them (applying Photoshop filters, games at 1080p, decrypt/encrypt stuff...)
That's the only cheat-proof option besides open-source benchmarking software. Because who knows what happens during benchmarks? What code is executed? Is the system rigged to artificially overclock in benchmarks (ahem BBK Electronics subsidiaries) or is the benchmarking software made to advantage one maker over the other? IRL operations (aka not those pointless "app opening speedtests" that shows ooh that phone opens LameBook 0.032s faster wooooooooooooow) are beyond cheating
AnonD-558092, 05 Jul 2018I suggest common sense. It's a very underrated system but boy it sure is effective I am using it daily, thank you very much.....
However. I am asking seriously. Which benchmark system would you use if you think AnTuTu is a cheater.