I lost critical spreadsheets and documents when I backed up and reorganized some folders on my GDrive. To my utter shock, I found out that Google documents exist as mere links on the local drive. They simply vanish when deleted online. There is no way to retrieve those deleted documents. You should take care to convert all your Google documents into other formats before backing up. Use Google Drive but avoid using the Google documents.
Stopped using GDrive and begun using ODrive in 2017. No regrets at all.
yeah it reached that and sync app for PC is still one of worst you can imagine and have NO features at all.
1. It dont have proper resuming option, is for some reason it stop, you need to MANUALLY start it again and it start it from beginning...
2.You cant select files on the list to eg. stop one file from syncing.
3. You cant queue list to sync more important files first.
4. Overall managing of folders and files is annoying and bugged, often when I delete file from gdrive and device... it try to sync it anyway...
5. Speed of upload it just laughable and never reach proper speed that other apps and sites have.
6. It have serious problems with some well known and used formats.
7. it dont even have easy access for quick start/stop, you need to click icon, click options and there is button for stop/resume syncing...
Luxor, 26 Jul 2018Forced to use it kind of users.Exactly. what I was thinking. forced to use it.