If all this is true, though I dont think this is, then pretty powerful specs... Now I really hope they bring powerful apps and games which actually utilises the raw power but then again I dont think that will happen either.. Come on.. Just improving the specs and not offering anything to utilise the power is a no-no...
You should wait for Galaxy 10 - no doudt that will out out within a year and with the still bad Samsung reception issues. Samsung cannot buy its market share without going broke.
samsung + apple = quantity
sonyericsson(sony) + blackberry + htc = quality
quad core is outragious, android cant even use dual core properly! just silly!!!
And with this news (If true), went most of the Android Fanboys hopes and dreams who just bought the GS2. Now they'll feel like their phone is obsolete (and we all know how much they hate not having the best of the best) and they'll come out in droves whining and complaining.
So far, the GS3 looks impressive but I'm sure by the time it releases, it'll be other devices out that are just as good and the next Nexus will be announced which will make them not want the GS3 either. Typical Spiral.
quad core is outragious, android cant even run dual core properly. just silly.
WOW AMAZING STATTS, hope its true, donmt mind not quad core, cause 12MP cam is amazing, i know abnout the whole mega pixel race, but the boasting rights of a 12MP cam in a must be thin 9mm type body will surley be pleasing. and HD screen at 4.6inch!
Anonymous, 11 Oct 2011No new innovation, nothing new to offer except for the increase in processor speed and camera ... moreI absolutely agree with your points. Most phone manufacturers now has misuse the word "innovation". Most of the time, their new product is just a simple upgrade of the previous version which is sad to see. I kind of annoyed to see the competition of who able to offer high processor speed and bigger RAM, which in mobile platform, is not relevant yet to offer such a high specification processor. Apart from the points stated just now, i also want to see:
1) integration of phone with presentation media such as projector whereby, it can directly communicate through NFC or bluetooth so that presenter can navigate their presentation straight from their phone to the projector.
2) integrate a better motion sensor in the phone so that it can detect motion from further distance. This can make the phone to be used as a short distance presentation media, or entertainment console like what xbox kinect do at the moment.
3) better security to encrypt messages, voice/video calls and etc to prevent hackers from stealing information and overheard our conversation without our consent. This has been a serious issues recently with many phones have been hacked.
4) have a clearer voice call which produce crisp sound quality so that a conversion is a better quality. Sad to see, not all smartphone have a good quality voice call, which for me a disgrace because after all, it is a phone, so a phone should be able to have a good quality phone conversation.
These phones are gettin like computers, my laptop has worst specs than the Galaxy III!
i think S III should be quad core so that iphone cannot be compared!
I don't think the leak can be trusted. A company as big as Samsung will not let something so details to be easily leaked from their grasp. Even so, i don't think phone in 2012 should use quad-core yet. Even now, Android and other OS still cannot fully utilize the second core in dual-core phones. Next year, hope to see all type of OSes will be able to fully utilize and take full advantage of the full power of dual-core, than it is time to move on to quad-core. But what i hope to see in SGS 3 is a better body build maybe use stainless steel or strong metal for unibody and also a better speaker with louder and better quality sound. And also, hope Samsung will produce new UI that is fresh and far from similar to iOS UI.
bill, 11 Oct 2011I fail to see how it is, Samsung is only growing and getting bigger, from the days of the SGH ... moreNo new innovation, nothing new to offer except for the increase in processor speed and camera megapixels. This upgrades are irrelevant if the OS doesn't support or doesn't utilize much such kind of processor as in the case of Android (no hardware acceleration). I would be interested to see innovations such as:
- battery last for a week on normal use (combination of battery and processor usage).
- camera that are comparable to at least high-end compacts (larger sensor)
- camera with great optics, macro, and has manual controls.
- professional sound quality output.
- wireless audio and video mirroring for all apps.
- etc etc.
those are just a very few features that nobody is offering. I hate those specs that are just upgrades and call it innovation.
Whoa great ! can't wait s III it's like my netbook in my pocket haha.. And with Ice Sandwich great work