Anonymous, 06 Nov 2018Does proper 2-way call-recording work on these OP phones? Any ideas?Yes it works in official 8.0 ROM of OnePlus 3. However, I am not sure if it'll continue to work on official 9.0 Pie ROM when released because Android has completely removed call recording stuff from Pie.
Sandy, 06 Nov 2018Can anyone give exact link to get that Google camera app. There are plenty of apps that are di... moreYou won't find it on the Play Store, because it's modded to support other phones using Pixel's camera apk. You can get it from here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/oneplus-3--3t-cross-device-themes-apps--mods/app-google-camera-mod-t3735251
Well, i do agree
The point of buying flagship is to used it till it die, and as for oneplus, it will be a long live because how active the community behind it
Anonymous, 06 Nov 2018Oneplus please stop making the T series every 6 MONTHS MY GOD can't brain this stupid logicIt's actually very easy to understand, if prices never go down during the model lifecycle (as OnePlus does) then, in order to remain competitive with the other "yearly" flagships whose prices do go down and pretty much match OnePlus in the second half (cof Galaxy S9 cof), then the specs must go up to be a better value at that price. Hence you have the T models.
Here's how good/much value the devices offered during a brief history of OPO:
1) $349, 2014/04, OnePlus 1, QSD 801, 3GB/64GB, LCD, Plastic-
2) $399, 2016/06, OnePlus 3, QSD 820, 6GB/64GB, OLED, Aluminium+
3) $479, 2016/11, OnePlus 3t, QSD 821, 6GB/128GB, OLED, Aluminium+
4) $539, 2017/05, OnePlus 5, QSD 835, 8GB/128GB, OLED, Aluminium++
6) $559, 2017/12, OnePlus 5t, QSD 835, 8GB/128GB, OLED, Aluminium++
7) $629, 2018/05, OnePlus 6, QSD 845, 8GB/256GB, OLED, Glass-
8) $639, 2018/11, OnePlus 6t, QSD 845, 8GB/256GB, OLED, Glass-, No Headphone Jack
...see a trend?
OnePlus has been halting the improvements over the years while simultaneously increasing the prices. So each iteration was worse than the one it replaced, from a value perspective.
*5) $389, 2015/08, OnePlus 2, QSD 810, 4GB/64GB, LCD, Plastic-
The only outlier is the OnePlus 2 which should be in position #2 but its demoted downwards since it too was plagued with the infamous QSD 810 chipset and the Cyanogen Inc debacle.
123, 05 Nov 2018now people will get lg v40 better and same price everything is better on it than on this 6tExcept battery life.
Oneplus please stop making the T series every 6 MONTHS MY GOD can't brain this stupid logic
Exactly my point! Already having OnePlus 3, I never felt to upgrade by looking at 5,5T,6 or 6T. On the software side, there aren't much ground-breaking features or improvements and so for the camera on newer OnePlus devices.
I am currently using latest google camera port which brought NightSight as well on Nitrogen OS Android 9.0 and this combination is enough for me to keep this beast one more year.
Can anyone give exact link to get that Google camera app. There are plenty of apps that are displayed in play store. Kindly help me. Thanks in advance.
Anonymous, 05 Nov 2018Where did you purchase your oneplus 3 battery?Official Oneplus Service Centre, took like 30 mins for the swap
Simon, 05 Nov 2018Seeing an opinion piece of such quality on the main site was the biggest disappointment I've h... moreGuess what, while maybe it's unpopular opinion many people in these comments is on the writer side. And what did you mean by "the thought of many don't agree with this?" Is it about people don't agree to the lack of 3.5mm jack, no wireless charging, no SD slot, etc? And guess what again these are the main reason people didn't buy this crap and expecting this article would include these excuses and yet this article turned out to focus on his DAILY basis
Absence of a Headphone jack killed it for me. Also I prefer the fingerprint scanner to be on the back. Its more convenient that way plus it housed a lot of gestures.
Rio, 05 Nov 2018I sold my Oneplus 3T within 10 months. Then notification bar at the top of the phone burned in... moreOh.... that's unlucky. I never had the screen burn in issue with any amoled phones I've used so far. I used my Oneplus 3 almost everyday for gaming at least an hour. I guess I was lucky...
Perfectly penned piece. Had a choice between 1+6 and the 5z couple of months ago. This article has the same reasoning as to why I'm writing this comment on my 5z.
Thanks for one of the most truthful posts on the net *bows again*
This is probably the best and most mature piece I've read in centuries. It's not about the hype, it's about an actual usage pattern put in some of the smoothest and non-offensive sentences ever.
Keep those coming :)
I won't buy one because:
1. I find the notion of a slogan "Never Settle" coupled with so many things that you are not allowed to have (SD, 3.5 mm jack, etc.) to be remarkably dishonest and stupid.
2. In fact I find it to be double plus stupid since Pai took a poll of OnePlus owners and they voted overwhelming in favor of keeping the 3.5 mm jack. So he got rid of it. I'm guessing the decision was already made, and he thought he'd get an endorsement, perhaps because he thinks everyone really wants to do everything Apple does.
3. In fact, I find it to be brain damaged double plus stupid because the phone is made out of glass for no reason whatsoever. Except, presumably, because that's what Apple did. You'd better put it on your home owner's.
M0J007, 05 Nov 2018Why I won't be buying the new OnePlus 6T even though it's a great phone, because I'm buying th... moreAm I the only one who was more attracted by the slider concept of the mi mix3 than the bezelness itself? nostalgia (also it's wayyy Better than the motor used in the phones)