Cant wait to see what they have to offer
Is it just me, or mobile phones have become less interesting since touch screen became widely used and adopted? Nowadays all mobile phones are slabs with a minimum of buttons and innovation; they all do pretty much the same things, regardless of manufacturer. It used to be that Sony Ericsson made great music-equipped handsets, Nokia made tough, long-lasting communication instruments and LG and Samsung made TVs and microwave ovens. Am I the only one who wishes for a little more innovation in these devices? I'm thinking about the game controllers of the Xperia Play or the zoom function around the LG Viewty (the old 5mp one).
Nowadays, owning a particular phone is as useful as everyone having the same car and having to lift the bonnet up to prove that it is in fact different from all the rest. The mobile phone has become a life-style accessory but has lost all its charisma in the process...Such a pity
It's a trick. The new phone is in the hands of the Orange T-Shirt guy. Look closely. The girl is just holding another X10.
I say Sony Ericssion has shitty customer care, I bought myself an Xperia Ray obsessed by the looks of it which had pixel damage which I noticed when I was watching a movie.
1. When I gave them the phone and asked them for replacement on day 4 they said that a DOA letter would only be given only to the vendor not vender to the consumer. And they said dont bother for the number of days you can get back to them when ever its easy for me with in 2 weeks and they would replace it.
2. I was in neck deep with my work and I was unable to get it to the vender on day 7 as I was away from the place.
3. Later when I have asked the sony service center guy to replace the phone he said they would only repair it and can't replace it.
4. So I have called the customer care she said that she would escalate the matter to higher level to to repair it and dont leave the phone with service center as he would get back to me on the notice.
5. And he didn't call me till a week, then I have asked them again he said you need to deposit the phone if it were to to be repaired.
6. Here is the logic there are 2 kinds of service tickets 1 that would offer a DOA, other would be repair only which would have you agreed that the piece not be any replaced.
7. As the service center guy wouldn't have accepted the phone with the DOA since its well past 2 weeks by now, he said that I better deposit it on the 2nd format.
8. Now started the game of waiting, as per their rules, they had to inform me on the status every day.
9. They repaired the phone after a month and gave me back the piece.
10. On the same day the I found out that the other guy on the phone couldn't hear my voice and the fancy battery level indicator was displaying blue not the the usual white green orange and dark red.
11. Need less to say I had to give the phone back to service center.
And to day its 3 months and 1 week I still dont have my phone.
I tell you guys, Sony Ericssion is just a piece of crap. you go to their service center with one problem they give the phone back to you with a new problem and to back it all they have so very bad customer care who only try to cheat you. I can say one thing for sure no more sony ericssion in my life even its for free.
I can't expected nothing revolutionary from sony.Few past years teach me that.For now for tech gizmo revolution charge is..SAMSUNG.
I hope that the Nyphon is the one announced instead. My contract is coming up soon and I would love to have the Nyphon as my replacement. Cross my fingers it would be out soon.
4 person .SE will announce Q4 reports next week. WAOW !!
Shirt: Yellow - Blue - Green - Red(albeit checkered)
what's missing from the room: some Windows..
hahaha! actually, i don't know just saying.. not a fanboy.. just a fanboy of technology..
lennard , 04 Jan 2012Guys.... Sony is the smallest phone manufacturer in Japan... If you will look at Sharp, Panaso... moreyes, too bad they are not internationally available.. i would really love to have their phones.. they are hands down years ahead of what we currently have.. too bad they are keeping it for Japan only..
[deleted post]Don't get out much I imagine?
It's already late. By the time SE release this phone in to the market other brands will release phones with advanced features.
Guys.... Sony is the smallest phone manufacturer in Japan... If you will look at Sharp, Panasonic, NEC and Fujitsu... They were bigger and totally several years ahead in mobile technology anywhere in the world....
Why cant they make all smart phones tough like the DragonTail welding Xperia Active? We are shredding out that much I think to deserve a tough enough phone to last us the ages for good value for the money spent.
[deleted post]very hot
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2012Bwahahahahahaha! Samsung. One of first touch screens. As such that Iphone stole from. First ... moreROFL. You want to compare Samsung cameras to Sony cameras? LOL. Boy, if you get your 2018 Samsung 24 MP camera, it wouldn't come close to a Sony Ericsson Cybershot.
AnonD-24245, 04 Jan 2012Sony Ericsson is not competing with anyone. They are out there running at there own pace, orig... moreNow that is more agreeable. They never threw out a phone saying it was the newest or best. Just made a nice design on a good phone that works well. :) I can be nice as well if othera dont have to so unjustly bash
amar&prakash, 03 Jan 2012guys dont compare with samsung or any brand to sony, becoz sony is the best product in mobile ... moreBwahahahahahaha!
Samsung. One of first touch screens. As such that Iphone stole from.
First 12mp and beat SE to it with better pics too.
First HD recording and also first HD playback.
First built in projector
Hummingbird cpu that revolutionised mobile cpu/gpu
Exynos that toppped it all
Has been on top in mobile cams along with Nokia
Always a beast of Jack of All Trades with their top
First phone like psp....great and just like the psp the cpu, gpu, and screen were far behind par even before release.
connecter jacks that were too far different
Phones that are always among the last to get whats been available for a while
I do have to say that the phones come in good quality unlike everyting else from Sony like psp, stereos, pc and so on which built at speed at loss of quality.
Yep....sony really topped samsung. let me tell you
Rk, 03 Jan 2012Who is the person telling galaxy s2 and samsung waste.sony ericsson didnt do any competitive w... moreSony Ericsson is not competing with anyone. They are out there running at there own pace, original design of their handsets and highly customized UI. SE makes unique smartphones for the working man that doesn't just want the same black.
Sony as a whole doesn't fit into my statement. Sony is in competition with Apple on computers and MP3 players, everyone else for home theater and mobile audio.
Theindividual, 03 Jan 2012I hate how people say they dont but samsung because they copied the iphone. In my opinion, its... moreApple copied Lg and Samsung...not the other way around. and dual core Nd hd have been around for longer then that. dual core and 1080p almost a year and 720p all the way back with SAMSUNG Omnia HD. First phone capable of HD
AnonD-5234, 03 Jan 2012I've used non android phones from SE & samsung & i believe SE is better in hardware co... moreDo not speak if you do not know what you are saying. I would have to agree that Sony makes pretty phones and has somewhat more unique deaigns. They also are ok and if you prefer them then that's your choice. However do not spute out bul crap and spread idiotic lies. First Apple stole that design as they did with just about anything they ever had. Duh! Apple is the biggest copy cat and idea stealing company ever. Second Samsungs hardware is definitely far beyond sony. Look back the past few years. That is just a fact and you can say what you want but you cannot change facts.