mike, 21 Jun 2019best phone ever.... huawei..end of storyFunnies posted comment evah! End of story.
Kriegsherr, 18 Jun 2019You don't need to justify your purchase. Most of the Germans still use German cars and they bu... more- I am not justifying anything to a unknown person on the internet im just giving a example.
- I did not say germans are not buying german cars, but they don't buy German expensive cars. Most of the sold German cars are VW Golf an audi A1/A3
- I don't know what Kia you have drove. But i know, before i bought the kona, I owned a BMW Serial 3 320 Diesel, sold it to buy a petrol one instead, and i have drive tested a bmw X1, Mazda cx5, honda HRV, Kia sportage and Hyundai Kona. And was very impressed with the Kona, for me it fel way better than the BMW.
- To get back to our main subject, BMW are unreliable and that's a fact. No matter how cheap, expensive, fast, slow. The bottom line is unreliability = mother of quality. If you don't make you product work decently than its not good.
Anonymous, 18 Jun 2019The most sold models are the cheaper ones. Surprised?
The talk was about premium cars from p... moreYour comment is exactly like a poor guy who think rich buy BMW or Mercedes...People who make 1 millions buy BMW or Mercedes. A luxury brand car is a bad investment. Most of them depreciate over time. Example: (BMW or Mercedes, depreciate ALOT) unless its a collection car that its going to get more expensive in time. Exmaple Mark Zuckerberg owns a Acura TSX, Warren Buffett he makes millions and he owns a Cadillac XTS....
Rich people make fewer bad investments than others. ItÂÂÂÂ’s why they are rich. If they own an expensive car it is for personal reasons (they want people to know they are rich). But unless your customers will do more business with you because of your car (and some will) buying a expensive car is a move in the wrong direction toward becoming rich.
Rich people are rich because they don't make dumb financial choices. They like to be comfortable, but not bleeding dollars, as they appreciate how hard it was to earn that dollar.
That why no one is buying new luxury brand cars, plus they are extremely unreliable...
I will say it again, Brands are made for the poor and the average people who are desperate enough to buy these brands to show off. I don't have anything against it. But that's a fact. and Also going back to our subject, if a car is not reliable then it dose not matter what brand and how it drives because it going to break. So its a BAD product no matter if its expensive or cheap.... Same as the crap iphone Xs, No matter how shiny and fast it is, it has a crap battery and bad camera... so that's called a overpriced product....
Ahlan, 18 Jun 2019Most sold BMW here in europe, are the 1 series, 3 series and the X1 with 2liter engines. They ... moreI totally agree with what you said. I own a Hyundai Tucson 2016 and it rocks!
Filipino here working in Qatar. Peace out! \m/
Ahlan, 18 Jun 2019Most sold BMW here in europe, are the 1 series, 3 series and the X1 with 2liter engines. They ... moreYou don't need to justify your purchase. Most of the Germans still use German cars and they buy expensive Mercedes or BMW if they have money. Even richer people buy Porsche or Ferrari. I have driven Mercedes, BMW and Kia all three but the driving experience in kia is nothing compared to the other two. Like the comment before me, people buy premium product for the service. Not just bang for the buck.
Angel, 18 Jun 2019China please ban apple in China It's not rational, man. At present there is an invisible war, a weaponless war and a bullet whistle. That's a trade war. And unfortunately there are no alliances in trade wars. All countries want money. What is the velocity of money in Silicon Valley? Many countries want their own version of Silicon Valley. Prophet Muhammad (May Allah bless him) once said, 'Indeed war is propaganda'. The only rational step is a counterattack. By generating news in the mass media, essentially, all Chinese cellphone companies will not use Google services again. Look, this is great propaganda. All power is focused on one attack point. But before that, framing was made in the mass media that Google was not safe. Taking this opinion is very important, why? because if it is done automatically without the law of cause and effect, action-reaction; the public will judge it as something that is not fair. The same thing has been done by US.
Kifu, 18 Jun 2019Seriously? "bmw car owners tend to push them harder" hahaha what a joke.... Actually the most ... moreThe most sold models are the cheaper ones. Surprised?
The talk was about premium cars from premium manufacturers. People who enjoy BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc., enjoy them for what they offer and how they feel when used. We are also talking about people who actually afford them and buy them with direct money transfers, not lease them or get loans to help them buy. Those who lease, don't actually afford the stuff they lease.
Any way you put it, premium brands offer things that budget brands don't. And when you are able to afford premium, you don't buy a car for its realiability or low fuel consumption. You buy it for what it offers, the way it's designed, the way it works, the way it makes you feel when you drive it.
You are entitled to your opinion to say that you prefer a kia over a BMW.
You rate cars based on reliability and running costs. Others care how their cars feel/look/comfort, not about how fuel-efficient and low-maintenance they are.
Saying that kia makes better cars than BMW is just the result of you feeling the need to get the least expensive option with the lowest maintenance cost. (i.e. "most bang for your buck") However, if you were to make $1m a year and wouldn't care about maintenance costs, you would sure not be driving a kia. You would not be driving a BMW or a Merc, unless you want to be inconspicuous and blend in with the city traffic. You would probably be driving much more expensive cars on a day to day basis, or would be sitting in the back and have a driver take you places.
You and most people rate things based on costs alone. Other people rate things based on everything else.
Anonymous, 18 Jun 2019The reason why BMW is lower in the list is because premium and powerful car owners tend to pus... moreSeriously? "bmw car owners tend to push them harder" hahaha what a joke.... Actually the most sold BMW in europe are the 1 series, 3 series and the X1 and all these cars have 2.0 liter engine, no more and no less than a Kia Ceed GT, Sportage or a Kona. he is right, BMW are very unreliable, they are one of the worst cars to buy second hand in europe, you find cheaper used bmw than the used kia or toyota in the used market, no one is buying them anymore, because they unreliable crap. Expensive Brands like Apple, bmw are made for the careless average people who buy them for thier image to show that they are "rich", ignoring the fact that the 1100 euro iphone Xs has the worst battery of all recent smartphones and a subpar camera lol.... and Pay 30 years finance for that scrap unreliable car .... lol
Kriegsherr, 18 Jun 2019Sure kia is more reliable but just because they have less components. A smartphone is likely t... moreMost sold BMW here in europe, are the 1 series, 3 series and the X1 with 2liter engines. They have no more and no less components then the Kia cars like Kia ceed GT, kia sportage etc.
BWM is a wellknown brand, and actually average and poor people are the ones who mostly buy brands like BMW and Mercedes because they think they can show they have money while in reality they bought that brand new BMW in rates for more than 30 years....
While smart people with money buy reliable cars for 20k-25k with cash like a Korean car or a japanese car . Here in germany people with money own a Hyundai Tucson, a Kia sportage. Come to Amtzell, Germany (rich areas) and you see in front of thier half million euro villas parked a Hyundai Tucson, sportage and even a Lada Niva. And if you want about Performance and luxury Kia already have the Stinger and the K900...with relible v6 and v8 engines.
And based on the links i have posted, BMW make one of worst cars in the last 5 years. I have the money to buy a new BMW 3 series for 40k but instead, i bought a 25k Hyundai Kona with warranty of 5 years and 150k km....
Brands like Apple, Bmw, Mercedes, Bentley, and Gucci, are made for careless people who think only about thier image. People who use thier brain and their money wisely buy reliable alternatives. There is a reason Apple is selling a freaking monitor stand for $1000, they know whos buying them...... As for iphone, it has the worst battery in all smartphone right now and they are selling that crap for 1150 euro.... Im not going to reply to the other person because he has zero proof on what he is saying.... His comments are full of hatred, lost all arguments....
Bewildered , 18 Jun 2019You comments are so short sighted and show your ignorance.
Some designs a phone this does n... moreAdding technology available from component manufacturers into your products is normal.
Having technology designed specifically for your products is innovation.
Reverse engineering said technology and re-making it with slightly different tweaks is called stealing.
Product design, and creating UI/UX design and design languages to be used on your devices is normal.
Copying someone else's designs which they took years to develop, tweaking them to be a bit different, and selling them as your own, is called stealing.
Your example about Night Mode is not correct, as Night Mode is not a technology and is something ALL cameras can do. Even film ones. It's called long exposure, and as long as the camera is stabilized, you will get bright images in very dark environments.
itsme , 17 Jun 2019OMG Finally someone realises that as well. You have said it really simple and straight to the ... moreSo many misguided things here, I realy don't know where to start. I'm not a huawei fanboy, nor am I rooting for China in this dispute. As a country, they rank quite low on my list, wether it's in reference to how they treat their citizens, or how how they act towards their neigbours. But what you wrote has nothing to do with objectivity.
1. Yes, huawei is mostly controled by Chinese goverment, that is true. But buying land in another country doesn't enable you to proclame it yours. If you emigrate enough of your population to that country, and they all get a right to vote, and trough majority vote get a right to proclame indepedance, then, maybe they can take away your land. And every country that allows that is run by idiots (before some of you antiimigration yanks jump for joy to this statement, this doesn't mean that imigration is bad, but rather that uncontroled influx of imigrants can tip the balance if imigration grows to a level where local populace becomes minority).
2. Having an info on you has nothing to do where you live or they live, not in this information age. If they have information on you, they can use it wether they come to your country or not. Point in question, Rusian interferance in US elections. Smart people cover their tracks how? Only way to achive that is to remain completely of the grid. Every info, every browse, every call you do in this age is recoreded someware, and can be accessed if you have the means and the know-how.
3. 90% of patents do not belong to people who invented the stuff, but rather to people who bought them, or stole their ideas, or in case of software patents, to those who went to patent office and wrote broad enough patent that they are now claiming patent infrigments for thing which have been inventwd oer made just recently. Also, patents as such are ways of charging for an idea, invention of capitalism. In perfect world, all invetions would be used for benefit of all humanity. (Idealist, what can I say).
4. You realy think that? Your data is not safe in anybody's hands. US is no better. Edward Snowden proved that, and you may call him a traitor, but he proved that US is acting like a big brother state, just like china. They are spying on their friends, foes and citizens as well... sooo, how is that better than China. If Trump could have it his way, US would be no different at all, he is already leaning towards dictatiorship. And US is hardly protecting whole world, US is only pushing it's own agenda. Wh are US ignoring civil liberties being totaly ignored in countires who are rich with resources and friendly toward US while being critical of it's rivals for leser infringments? Also, US used information it gathered from spying on it's alies to enable it's (US based) companies get bussines deals ahed of it's European competitors... Pot-kettle-black?
5. I don't know about treaties, but Rusia is much closer with China than to US, and only reason why US is signing anything with Rusia right now is because current administration is probably in pocket of Rusians oligarhs. I do find it funny that Americans that so value their freedoms are so willing to give them away to the most ignorant presidant you ever had.
This is just a view from somebody from Europe.
Anonymous, 17 Jun 2019I hope they don't sell a single unit!
Enough of this. China only copies!
Huawei phones are S... moreYou comments are so short sighted and show your ignorance.
Some designs a phone this does not give them proprietary rights for that design
Further Google incorporating e.g night mode, does that mean IOS can't
Finally, when the USA backs down and it and China sign a trade deal the Huawei ban will be lifted also
Trump is desperate to end this having twice bailed out farmers, he has already stated that the Huawei ban (despite the zero evidence of security issues) can be lifted
I direct you to recent new Trump on the Whitehouse lawn stated that if President Xi did not meet him @ the G20 meeting he would add an additional $300 billion in Tariffs
Atm trade talks have all but ended so why is Trump eager to meet Xi simply to pretend a deal deal has been done
In short meeting or not @ G20 26-28/06/19 when the Trade deal is signed Huawei ban will be lifted
Kriegsherr, 18 Jun 2019Sure kia is more reliable but just because they have less components. A smartphone is likely t... moreThe reason why BMW is lower in the list is because premium and powerful car owners tend to push them harder, do some wheelspins now and then, maybe a bit of drag racing, etc. Therefore they have a higher chance to mess up their cars/components compared to someone who owns a kia with a 90hp engine and drives like a grandma.
Wonder why Ferraris are not high in that list either? Or Bugatti? Aston Martin? :)
Is a car's worth based on reliability? Is that what makes a good car? lol never!
Ahlan, 18 Jun 2019communist party? lol the communist smartphone is craping on every "freedom" phone lol As for ... moreSure kia is more reliable but just because they have less components. A smartphone is likely to fail way more than a feature phone. Same happens here. BMW is way better than kia and that is why people who have money would buy Mercedes or BMW not kia or Hyundai. If you consider them rich without brain then I have nothing to say. They didn't earn all those being dumb.
[deleted post]UK is in Europe, Europe is geographical and we are in Europe