I never buy any mainstream product especially when it comes to cell phones. I like the design of the new model and I will be one of the first person to own the phone in my continent.
Hawk, 13 Aug 2019Is it just me or is that a curved display?No, I see it too.
I, like most other men, hate the curved/edge screen because it is a Durability concern. I also hate the weird aspect ratios because it is an Ergonomic concern. I also hate notch/hole because it is an Aesthetic concern.
Meizu could really destroy Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo at any moment.
They just need to be the exception in the market, where all OEMs have adopted anti-consumer practices and non-practical choices, they need to go the other way.
- Guerrilla Marketing Online, plus target hundreds of YouTube/Twitter/Facebook/Celebrities
- Price it fair
- Have lots of available stock
- Support all the radiobands (international compatibility)
- Unlockable Bootloader (for developer support)
- Include the essentials: DualSIM, microSD, Headphone Jack, IP68 resistance
- Ensure high durability with Flat Display, Metal backplate, and Drop resistance
- Make the phone Symmetrical (copy the top bezel for bottom, allows use upside-down)
- Boast features like.... 3D/Panoramic photos by using two Selfie cameras, and two Rear Cameras. The great audio experience. Livestreaming 360' videos.
- Offer a "Pro" model, which has higher memory/storage, Fast Charger in the box, Decent sounding earbuds, Horizontal dock to use as Alarm with ports to connect Ethernet, OTG, HDMI for TV's/Monitors, perhaps some compact JoyCons controllers, maybe a magnetically attaching Qwerty keypad, a Tempered Glass Protector applied from factory, and a Polycarbonate Bumper.
PS: If you want an even bigger cult following, make the device with a Removable Battery, change the display to IPS-LCD (no burn-in), and have a Beta-Build of Mobile Ubuntu running. See the F(x) Pro 1 phone. People will literally flip out, and it will sell like hotcakes.
If this is the final design then 4* rating for it's front design. The so small bezels make it almost similar to pop-up camera phone's front design. Front camera added without any imperfect designs like holes, teardrop notch, rectangular notch. Only concern is extreme curved display edges & may be camera doesn't have the protection from drops as edges are extremely small. But that's manageable by using covers. Expect the same design from the brands like samsung, LG, hmd, Sony, Google, 1+. As meizu not relevant in my country India.
Hawk, 13 Aug 2019Is it just me or is that a curved display?i think its you.....
Anonymous, 13 Aug 2019So instead of add extra useful features, they increase X Megapixels here and there, paste the ... moreWhat are u talking about? Meizu also add few more specs such as 90 Hz display, curved display (for style), UFS 3.0, and 12GB RAM variant (altough a little overkill).
So instead of add extra useful features, they increase X Megapixels here and there, paste the 855+ and call it PRO! lul Now be a Pro is only a matter of numbers.
I'm still hoping they apply a different sensor than the IMX350 for zooming, and hopefully give it OIS, or at least a bigger aperture.
I doubt we'll see a different main camera compared to the 16s.
The slightly curved and higher refresh-rate AMOLED is always welcome, along with the bigger battery.
Hope Flyme 8 does better than 7, which has problems with animations and blocks some core Android features.