Now this is a super flagship. If Sammy or Apple put these kind of specs in their phones it would cost you 2000€
Cain , 20 Sep 2019No 90hz screen, no qhd resolution, no 5x optical zoom. For God sake Huawei why ???? I expected... moreYes all these disappoint me a lot. Maybe we can see it in this way, Mate series is more focused on its business capabilites just like Samsung Note series, we should be anticipating something real intriguing regarding photography on P40 Pro next year as P series is more focused on that.
Although I'm a big and enthusiatic fan of Huawei and I intend to buy a Mate 30 Pro , I still find some of the features/specs rather disappointing:
1. 60Hz refresh rate compared to 90Hz on Oneplus 7 Pro;
2. Display resolution decreases to 1080 Full HD from 2K on Mate 20 Pro;
3. No improvement on its 40W wired charging speed, in comparison Chinese manufacturer Oppo has achieved 65W Super VOOC Flash Charge;
4. Optical zoom capability shrinks to 3X from 5X on P30 Pro;
5. Although having an integrated 5G modem CPU, it is outperformed by Apple's A13 Biometric;
Last but not least, I'm not very fond of its circular camera setup, uglier that the square one on Mate 20 series.
Also, it will be impossible to get a Porsche Design Edition in China for its original MSRP as they will most likely have a 5,000 RMB price increase!
No 90hz screen, no qhd resolution, no 5x optical zoom. For God sake Huawei why ???? I expected more zoom than p30 pro and you are giving smaller. You are giving less screen resolution compare to mate 20 pro?! What is wrong with you? I will pass and wait p40 pro in January.
Firewarrior96, 19 Sep 2019In Europe , the only options left for you Samsung Or LG for audio jack and FM radio , Next yea... moreNobody cares about headphone jack anymore. If you want wired headphones just get a passive USB-C adapter and tape it to your headphones or something, you won't be losing out on quality since USB-C audio passthrough still uses the DAC in the SoC.
Just stop complaining about 3.5mm. There are ways around it and no respectable OEM makes phones with it anymore. LG is hardly an OEM you want to buy from anyway. Last year design, terrible software and slow updates and a high (on launch) price. Of course price plummets after a few months because nobody is buying them.
sadh, 20 Sep 2019Umm, Nokia 808 had 1/1.2 and 1020 had 1/1.5Nobody else. Panasonic had a 1 inch. But these are old and rare
iblindlyLoveiPhone, 19 Sep 2019You just jealous because this phone will never reach your market.. and your fact right.. samsu... moreBigger mps dont mean anything...Samsungs 12mp or apples 12mp sensor is prob better than huaweis 40mp....smh...
iblindlyLoveiPhone, 19 Sep 2019You just jealous because this phone will never reach your market.. and your fact right.. samsu... more2016 for 12mp camera? Pity you. You probably an infant when lumia 1020 launched in 2013.
iblindlyLoveiPhone, 19 Sep 2019You just jealous because this phone will never reach your market.. and your fact right.. samsu... moreIt's indeed 40mp but there are phones out there with bigger sensor and 64 megapixels also 108mp is coming! more megapixel doesn't mean better quality. by saying Samsung 12mp camera is outdated you're saying hauwei is also can't beat midrangers with 48mp, 64mp or 108mp cameras so watch what you're saying!
I want it so bad. Especially for that camera set up.
But expensive price, no headphone jack, less zoom, and lack of true stereo or more powerful sound.
But those 40mp cameras...might just stick with rog phone 2.
Hahaaaaa ... I just seen the asking prices ... What are they smoking in China?
Ice universe was wrong: He indicated that the main camera(and not the ultra wide angle) would have the 1/1.5" sensor and he showed that the 1/1.5" sensor would be a 4:3 sensor, but it's a 3:2 sensor.
- Aesthetically speaking this phone is beautiful, Space silver is just charming and I'm sure the leather versions are going to look really good too..
- Camera wise its has so much potential. I know that when it comes to camera phones, half of the performance relies on the software but its not like Huawei is new to camera phones and they are not among the best already.
- It is a pity indeed that the screen doesn't get 90Mhz refresh rate FHD is not as big a deal as some make it out to be. What is also a pity is they didn't show more functionalities to those edges other than virtual buttons or ways developers can use the edges.
- The battery is definitely great but nothing impressive anymore since there are many releasing them as well.
- The price is a disappointment really. Despite they definitely cutting elements here and there and that the phone wont have Google services the Pro version costs 1.100 euros. All flagships should cap at $1.000 and only go past that when you expand storage or ram.
In conclusion, this is an excellent phone all around but the price is too much. It comes in a time in which Huawei should definitely try to get closer to the average customer instead of aiming for the elite sector. I guess this phone will sell due to the excellent camera and I cannot wait to see its performance, but its hard to tell how well it will do, specially out of china.
Huawei is a company that might fall into a recession that obligates it to go back to its roots and work from the ground up, but if they manage to get through this they will be stronger than ever, enough to dominate Asia and the rest of the world.
Wud have been the best phone of 2019 if it came with GPS.
Huawei smashed it this year regardless
Confirmed - users will be able to unlock bootloader on the M30s. Happy days are here again.
LOL! Who would by a phone with that notch crap. Good luck. Under screen camera for the win.