Anonymous, 23 Mar 2012You should all do a reality check and see that companies like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Nokia an... moreA very well researched piece about the history of different mobiles. Well done. You did however neglect to include a comment about how Apple would have been in r&d well before 2007 and the release of the iPhone. An Internet connected device which the networks weren't ready for any earlier.
A number of the devices mentioned need a stylus to operate at their best. And last time I looked there was no physical keyboard on an iPhone. I could be wrong
Apple will loose many clients using a phone above the 3.5 inches....this is the rigth phone to use in a pocket
if you took a iPhone 4 at release you are either finished your contract (18m) or near the end (24) assuming you dont think its worth uprading to a 4s (i dont)
people will be getting twitchy looking for a new phone so if the 5 doesnt come out June or so, they could lose a lot of people to other platforms. Especially as with only minor changes between devices ios can get a bit boring!
Wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't see why Apple can't have a greater range anyway. Apparently the are sitting on billions of excess cash so why not use some if it to give us a greater variety of phones !!!
You should all do a reality check and see that companies like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Nokia and Motorola are in the telecommunications business and some of them producing mobile phones since 1981. From 1981 till 2007 all these companies have produced hundreds of mobile phones models and have sold billions of units in all the world before Apple was even thinking of producing a mobile phone in 2007.
In contrast Apple was not a telecommunication company like the others and had zero history or research & development put in the field of developing mobile phones. So in 2007 Apple just copied all the technology they could have found in all other mobile phones and smart devices, and with all that stolen knowledge and technology they had created the iPhone.
Obviously they couldn't have been innovative in any way with their first mobile phone since all the technology was stolen from others, Apple's iPhone was nothing but a copycat.
If you wanna see what models of mobile phones/smart devices did Apple just copied with their iPhone just check the following list of models that were produced way before the year 2007 when the first iPhone was released:
- remember the Compaq iPaq models released since year 2000 upwards
- then the old HP iPaq models released since year 2004 upwards, running on Windows Mobile featuring touchscreen displays with hand write recognition models: HP iPAQ h6320, HP iPAQ h6325, HP iPAQ rw6818, HP iPAQ rw6815, HP iPAQ rw6828
- Motorola models released in year 2004: Motorola A1000, Motorola A1010, Motorola ROKR E6, all smartphones with big touchscreen displays
- many HTC models based on Windows Mobile started from year 2002 upwards, including the first Windows Mobile phone released to marked, here are some model examples since year 2006: HTC P3300, HTC TyTN, HTC P3600 they are all smartphones with big touchscreen displays and hand write recognition
- in 2004 Samsung released a Windows Mobile phone model Samsung i700, again a smartphone with big touchscreen display
- Nokia Comunicator series released since 1998 models: Nokia 9000 Communicator, Nokia 9210i Communicator, Nokia 7710 touchscreen display, Nokia N95 they are all smartphones with big displays
- LG KE850 Prada again with big touchscreen display
- Philips S900
For the ignorants just check the above mentioned models to see how much iPhone resembles them.
Well I remember reading rumours before the iPhone 4S came out proclaiming the then iPhone 5 (no one knew it would be the 4S) to have a larger screen and I even saw pictures of companies that had started producing cases to accommodate the larger screen.
The only fact in this story is that it is not a fact.
If apple adds 3G to next ipod touch, will it become almost same as iphone? I mean, how? It'll have SIM slot for 3G use but actually it doesn't have calling system of a phone. Then how can adding 3G in iTouch will make iPhone sell drop? I'm saying these because i heard rumours about next gen ipod touch
i hope it will get 4 inch and up. i miss my old htc sensation though i really like iphone apps than android.
bannapple, 23 Mar 2012well, i say 4.2 is the perfect size.and what size screen..........??? ;-)
AnonD-35082, 23 Mar 2012Half the world uses Apple products???? There are about 7 billion people on this planet. So you... moreHalf the world means half the world who uses electronic gadgets. Anything you see try to first think how this can be true/positive and then you can get the clue...understand?
in samsung galaxy 4.5" is good and in iphone 5 it must not more than 4.0" due to grip and handle it friendly
Anonymous, 23 Mar 2012Yes apple marketing is one of a kind, but the product is one of a kind also, they started this... moreGeez no phone IN THE WORLD IS PERFECT.get ur facts right or go back to kindergarden
No way. For large, we have the iPad. Phone, must remain at the current size, that is an optimal size. I hate huge phones. iPhone 4, was the perfect phone in all respects.
Big Daddy, 22 Mar 2012Well According To Me 4" is Enough .. She probably doesn't want to hurt your feelings. As they say: size doesn't matter. lol!!