Someone else miss single camera phones? Cuz i do
Multi-camera phones looks ugly
cost related and Apple,they worry only if some CEO cant afford buying a new space rocket
- Useful when tou need shutter speed between 1/16s - 1/2s. At 1s it starts to suffer and have issues to keep phone steady.
- No difference with faster shutter. Cant handle if you need more than 1s. Tripod required here.
- Not effective for video. Turn off EIS and your footage will look like you are running. It also have stronger jello effect.
- Except Canon (I dont know about Leica) other camera makers use IBIS ....
Just like someone here said, you can do pixel shift (if you never heard about this, just google Alpha 7r3 Pixel Shift) and make a photo of much higher resolution, tripod required.
Maybe its better if you use multiple lenses. You could also use that for ultra hi res output as done on A7RIV, though that one needs to be stable, if it were more simple method, using quad/... bayer should produce more detail or sharper image without relying on more random hands movement.
Shift to ON, shift to OFF. Innovation!!!!!! They have invented the switch!!! The first iShift!!!! Nothing before existed!
Basically the camera competition from 2014,2015 returns.
Almost every oem is duing a different things.
Anonymous, 20 Dec 2019IBIS vs OIS - Smaller module. - more effective. OIS is useless for video (on cellphones)... moreThat's impossible, if it was better AND cheaper, OIS wouldn't even exist in a smartphone, and it's the exact opposite, so you must be wrong somewhere.
hope, 20 Dec 2019hope to change the camera design as wellNah gas burner design will stay and so will the ugly notch.
Sensor stabilization can be used for tripod pixel shift super resolution as well as for tracking stars. The results are far superior to handheld super resolution.
IBIS vs OIS
- Smaller module.
- more effective. OIS is useless for video (on cellphones). Turn off EIS and you will see.