GAMIRSFM, 26 Apr 2020Jokes on you, i use phones with no case.I broke 2 phones with bezels in the past, falling from 1m height. One of them had a case. I guess that really depends on your luck. But I totally get you, we want no bezels and yet a great stereo speakers and a comfy smartphone to hold in hands...
THE-TRUTH-REVEALER, 26 Apr 2020"Process a video". Yep, that is THE MOST frequent use case of a $400 phone, as opposed to medi... more16:9 smartphone is exact same as 19.5:9 or whatever:9 smartphone out there in media consumption.
And yes, you can listen to audio, because there is a lightning port for listening to songs. If you want to charge while listening, then use wireless charger. Simple.
For most gaming, bezeled smartphone is better because your hands actually have a place to sit.
THE-TRUTH-REVEALER, 26 Apr 2020"Process a video". Yep, that is THE MOST frequent use case of a $400 phone, as opposed to medi... more"Process a video", it make perfect sense for this phone, check the weather and your financials too... not to mention answer phone calls!
Media consumption? would you pick a phone for that? For media consumption I would stick to my 50" TV, would you pick a 6.7" screen to see a movie?? That's way too small!!
This phone makes perfect sense, it's made to do well what a phone should do well.
Anonymous, 26 Apr 2020I would like to see speed test reviews on the YouTube between 400 / 500 dollar Android phones ... more"Process a video". Yep, that is THE MOST frequent use case of a $400 phone, as opposed to media-consumption, reading webpages/emails/books and/or using your favourite pairs of wired 3.5mm headphones to listen to music. Makes a ton of sense.
1. the design is UGLY, it doesn't hold a candle to the original SE, this was one of the worst Apple designs. A cheap, plasticy piece of crap. Red is the only colour it's even vaguely tolerable in, the design was a downgrade from the previous generations. But then I owned Nokia 8800, its predecessor as well as the SE and mostly full metal Sony Xperias. I have a particular taste, it's not this.
2. the crappy glass back is design fail, more to break, makes the phone muss less sturdy and once this breaks, the phone becomes an explosive hazard. try taking it to a hot country, the heat will open the cracked glass completely. wireless charging is a worthless gimmick, build a phone that doesn't break instead. i HATE glass backs.
3. The battery SUCKS. I bought the SE because of the battery in its time. If Apple weren't so lazy wanting to re-use the hideous Ipone 8 case, they could have squeezed in a DECENT battery.
4. Bezels are straight out of a decade ago. Zero improvement there. God the design is UGLY.
5. lol @ the low wattage charger
6. The UK price is a joke. This ancient looking piece of crap is not worth
7. Processor speed? There's a reason people buy compact, they dont much use things that require the fastest processor.
8. Generally, an inexplicable set of deign and component choices.
THE most underwhelming and disappointing release of the year. Guess it's another Sony compact for me. Apple is simply lazy, what a shocker! Disgusting design, underwhelming battery life, giant bezels, expensive
Being small, outdated, LCD, Touch ID, are not features anymore! Apple is trying its luck but price is also not cheap for 128 or 256 models! I have iPhone XS Max & iPhone 11 Pro Max both 512 GB editions but I can say a android OS is way too advanced and probably equally secured especially Huawei(don’t care about spyware like Google, Siri, Alexa), Samsung
Terrible options. Why not just have "no" as an option? I don't care about anything about this phone. I'm not saying no because of the camera or bezels. I'm saying "no" because I don't care about the iPhone as a whole.
This is the poll what we want from GSMArena. Not like those Oneplus Poll!!!
To those haters who are complaining about the SE low screen-to-size ratio:
"What if Google tossed a Snapdragon 865 and 8GB of RAM in a Nexus 5, promised years of updates and called it the Nexus SE for $399. Would you buy it?"
Waiting for more reviews and propably I would buy it. I have been waiting for this iPhone. I like old design. And at last :)
I would like to see speed test reviews on the YouTube between 400 / 500 dollar Android phones and the SE. I can imagine the former to take an ages to process a video, the iPhone will be as fast as an 1000 dollar Samsung phone, if not faster.
GAMIRSFM, 26 Apr 2020I did, the 2013 Galaxy S4 has smaller bezels that this 2020 SE Yep. Even my LG G2 had slim bezels in 2013 that would put the iPhone SE to shame.
It's pointless to argue with him though, as he'll defend the iPhone SE no matter what. That's why nobody should become a fanboy. You lose credibility in your arguments.