Anonymous, 26 Apr 2020What's up with these poll answers? Plenty of more reasons why someone wouldn't want to buy a i... morea 65% screen which more than 1/3 of screen is empty black uselss part not enough for a reason to not buying that phone ?
When sony made 80% xz3 you shout BIG BEZEL . How bout this 65% screen ? just because it made by apple doesnt magically twist space and make 65% > 80%
Complaining about bezels then buying a case to protect your bezel-less phone. Good one.
Am I buying? No
Am I interested? Yes
PlayerDead, 26 Apr 2020This is 2020 not effing 2013. Well then, go witness the 2030 you saying,"OOOh, old tech, old tech. You are literally SOOOOOO old for having just a bezeless phone! Now, we have AR and VR glasses that are far SUPERIOR to your devices! Oldie!"
What's up with these poll answers? Plenty of more reasons why someone wouldn't want to buy a iPhone just because of the bezels or of having a single camera. Why not just a simple 'no' answer?
This device makes sense for the folks stuck on older devices like iPhone 4, 5, 5s, SE original, 6, 6s, 7 or even 8 (Dual SIM is a big plus in Indian market) and do not want to spend a fortune or desire a compact form factor. For the most, another 7-8k INR for a XR makes sense but, for the others, saving that and getting an equivalent sans the modern design works. I personally don't like the weight and proportions of a XR but don't have the money for XS or 11 Pro. So, this makes sense! I can't get S10E Exynos as an alternative. Other than the S10E, what competition it has? If Pixel 3a comes to your mind, it doesn't have IP rating and slower eMMC storage in lieu of a fantastic camera with stock Android.
BeObjective, 26 Apr 2020My take on iPhone SE. You should buy it only if you really don't care what are you getting for... moreThe only iPhones X and XS you can get with the budget of the new SE are destroyed and overused ones. The SE is great, it just offers the experience of the high ends iPhones at a pretty good price, plus in daily usage this phone is quicker than any Android on the market and will probably last you longer despite the fact that it is cheaper.
You guys are expecting an 11 Pro Max or an S20 Ultra at 199$...
a big no plain & simple.
There was no simple answer as 'NO'. Can enyone not like this iphone because of anyother thing except 'bezels' and 'no night mode single camera'?
There was oneplus poll from last week. Now this.
What wrong with gsmarena to make ridiculous polls like this?
Once the price is reduced to below 300$ I will buy it.
Thing is, the design has become obsolete and the 1821mAh battery is going to be pathetic
JDK, 26 Apr 2020Any of you guys who vote "Look at those bezels! No." has clearly not used a 2013 phone before.This is 2020 not effing 2013.
Thing is, the design had become obsolete and the 1821mAh battery will be pathetic
My take on iPhone SE. You should buy it only if you really don't care what are you getting for your moneys worth, and you just want brand new apple device and do not care about anything else. Other than that (at least in my country) for that kind of money you can easily get iPhone X or XS, which are far better buy.
Other than that case, you should NOT buy this device. And just let me regard it's main selling points (processor, camera and updates).
- Camera is good during a day, but guess what? Every smartphone in that price range have good camera. For SE money you can get smartphones with same camera quality on day, and way better than it at night. And also, you get way more cameras (ultrawide, telephoto or macro) to suit your needs. Video is great, but there are small differences in general in video quality and you can see them only if you are comparing two devices side by side.
- And that A13 Bionic, that WOW factor at that price. Except on paper, it really means nothing in practical use. It renders 4k video faster than some midrange/highend snapdragon, and you render so much videos on your phone so you need that extra power. Then buy PC or laptop for the love of God. You get a bit more fps in games (which doesn't mean anything since screen has 60hz). It will be fast longer than price equivalent? Again, on paper and numbers YES, during normal use and not comparing difference in milliseconds side by side NO. And also, that power means nothing when you can get 4-4 and a half screen on time before battery dies (not mention gaming on a phone).
- Magical updates. In 2020 you are buying phone with design and most internals that could compare with iPhone 6 from 2014. Can you just think what kind of phones will come out just next year, mind alone in 2,3 years and you are talking about 5 years? Any android phone will get 2-3 years of updates and it will work without any problems even at 5 years. And what future features could you possibly get on a phone who has no featuers to start with? Just think about it.
And now let's see what you miss out with iPhone SE:
- Good screen (compared to oled panels at that price point it is not good)
- Good battery (2-3 times smaller capacity, and no, no kind of A13 can't change that)
- No famous 3D touch (feature less than iPhone 8)
- No headphone jack
- 6 years old design (it is not classic, it is OLD)
- Single camera (God forbid you get more perspectives)
- Low storage for price (128GB should be minimum, to be comparable to other phones at that price segment)
- Single speaker (on which youtubers like to give bad comments for others, but it's just fine and it just works on an iPhone)
- Memory expansion (poor you if you get only 64GB)
- No dual sim (except you don't use eSIM)
And finally lets see what you can get for that kind of money on android side:
- If you want powerfull and compact phone get Samsung S10e
- If you want great camera experience and flexibility with large battery get Xioami Mi Note 10
- If you do not care about size, do not care about chinese manufactures, and want to get great phone all around get Samsung A71
- If you want high refresh rate screen and battery for gaming get Xiaomi Poco X2
And in the end, if you do not care about this stuff and want good smartphone from any brand you personally like, just get last years flagship device and it will still be way better buy than this.
If you read this whole post, hats off to you. Cheers
In my country this phone costs 530€ for the 64gb model...
The funniest part is no matter how many polls gsmarena organizes against this phone or how many they do for other phones, this SE model will sell like hot cake.
AnonD-762416, 26 Apr 2020YES! I have the iPhone 8 in pristine condition, but I want to pay Apple more money for selling... moreWait, you bought the iPhone 8, which was more expensive during its lifetime than the SE, yet you are now mad at Apple? LOL. Why did you even buy the 8?
If I'm in need of a phone, I would.
However, I don't need another phone right now.
The poll makes no sense as it implies that if you're not buying the phone, you hated it.