This series will not sell in India, because they are priced beyond the reach of the majority of the Indian smartphone buyers.
Let's take a look at the sale volume of other notable phones or phone series in India:
1) 2017, the total iphone sale volume is below 100000 units, as reported.
2) Haven't seen any reports regarding the sale volumes of Samsung S and Note series. But according to a news report from SAMMobile in late 2018, the sale volume of S and Note series in India is way below that in China. (The sale volume of S and Note series in China was around 2 millions.)
3) OnePlus is the best selling premium phone in India since 2017. Haven't seen a report regarding the exact annual sale volume. According to a report in early 2019, the sale of Xiaomi Pocophone F1 in India in the last quarter of 2018 was ~400000 units, surpassing the sale of OnePlus 6 series. From this report, you can estimate that the annual sale volume of OnePlus 6 Series in India was less than 2 millions.
4) Redmi K20 series (2019, $300-$400): sold less than ~200000 units by March, 2020.
5) Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (2018, $300): sold ~600000 units by July 2019. (Pocophone F1 was considered a major success in Indian smartphone market by India Tech Media.)