Alex 94, 01 Jul 2020Every argument against US is classic China pro supporter. No, its not, your argument is irrele... moreEvery argument comparing Chinese state run corporations with select private corporations with varying levels of morals is 100% Chinese propaganda.
Repeating this just makes me want to ban more Chinese brands as China doesn't seem to get it.
China banning Google, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, and almost every other Western tech company from operating in China. Chinese trolls: it's totally fine and is fair competition, China has the full right to protect its national interests!
USA banning just Huawei and ZTE out of hundreds of Chinese tech companies operating in the West. Chinese trolls: OMG, USA has no right to ban anybody, it's against fair competition!!!!111
the FCC can do whatever they want on their jurisdiction but since this affects the most inexpensive gear small telcos buy, I hope that Universal Service Fund gets bonified to compensate for the price increase this will cause. Otherwise, Americans (especially in remote areas) will greatly suffer as small telcos will be forced to invest in less communities with the same amount of money.
And since the political motives are extra clear here, this would greatly affect traditionally Republican/Conservative areas the most (since these remote areas usually vote for them as per widely available stats)
Oh no, wumaos incoming.
Also, seeing how ZTE was involved in making business with Venezuela government to improve its grip over the people, I would steer away from them.
Also, daily reminder that if you are not a shareholder in Huawei/ZTE, this has zero negative impact on your life. The same applies if China were to ban Apple, you are not losing out on anything.
Duck of death, 01 Jul 2020The classic pro China argument. Comparing apples to pears. I don't agree with much th... moreEvery argument against US is classic China pro supporter. No, its not, your argument is irrelevant, cause US doing same thing. They promoting free market only when they have profit, now when China have it, they are treath. No, no, that politic doesnt help them anymore, we are not blind.
So Huawei and ZTE are "linked" to communist China, but others like Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Lenovo, TCL, are not? U.S., stop playing this bs game.
AnonD-923722, 01 Jul 2020Evidrnce, Sir? There is none lol, but there is evidence of Facebook spying on people 24/7, but it's American company so it's fine
dxyuyu, 01 Jul 2020This will only make me move away from US tech and go for the Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, and Japan No way! Example: did you hear about Java? Even a simple ITM (or Bankomat) has American technology and Java as O.S. And banks! Banks are using Cisco's technology...
Luqi , 01 Jul 2020That’s the desperate attempt to stop them. There is nothing to loose for Huawei and ZTE in thi... moreI don't know where did you get that 44% information, but I'm not arguing with you. However, that means Samsung + Ericsson + Nokia are holding the rest of 56% from the patents. This will work just fine.
Alex 94, 01 Jul 2020And Apple, Qualcomm, Hp, Dell, Google... are also treat to whole world. Lets be clear here, ev... moreThe issue is much bigger than cheap stuff. It's tied to the dozens of arrests that have been actioned on campuses all over US due to professors leaking research in return for money from China. They are investigating over 400 cases
Look up "Plaza Accord 1989 Toshiba", and compare it to "2019 Huawei-USA". :)
AnonD-923722, 01 Jul 2020Doing this will just stop innovations. Like : Cheaper and faster 5G spread Night Mode on Ca... moreWestern companies invest billions of euros to invent things, and Chinese state forces them to share those secrets with local Chinese companies for free. This criminal enterprise (formed between Chinese Communist repressive party and local companies such as Huawei, ZTE etc.) for ripping of western companies has to cease immediately!
Anonymous, 01 Jul 2020And what these staff have to to do with Huawei and ZTE?!.They will jist stop innovations and means the consumers lost exciting things