Oneplus 7t is a better deal than this, even the Oneplus 7.
SD765G just isn't cutting it at this price point and the lack of a telepohto camera.
Anonymous, 21 Jul 2020The realme has snap 865 ,65w charging and arguably better cameras. How can this be a better deal?The software isn't pure trash. But... I never said it was a better deal.
Well... This is not what I thought it would be. Just another average midranger with a few things I don't need (double selfie cam, 90 Hz screen), but it doesn't have what I do need (3,5 mm jack, HDR). In midrangers you win some and you lose some, this one is on the wrong end here. Xiaomi mi 10 lite 5G is my pick. Same chip, bigger HDR Amoled, 3,5 mm jack, IR blaster, superb battery life AND 50-100 euro cheaper than Nord.
Anonymous, 21 Jul 2020Why would you stick to MUI ? its a disaster ! got rid of mine as quick as I could.For me I love miui over other ui's.
JDK, 21 Jul 2020Has your father tried an LCD iPhone(4.7 inch)? What has he said about the screen? If he doesn&... moreiPhones are overpriced in India... iPhone se with that crappy battery is 41999 INR which frankly isn't worth it. Cheapest iPhone that I'd recommend in India is iPhone 11 which is 60k at Least
Add more €100 and I can get zte red magic yeah might doesn’t looks as good as one plus nord, but snapdragon 865, 12 gig of ram, cooling fan and brighter OLED including better streo speakers no thanks one plus.
Everything is nice, but the eyeresore double punch holes ruins everything. A single one would have been better. Anyways 👍
ASUS ROG Phone 3, 21 Jul 2020I need to get a phone for my aged father and he is using Samsung C7 Pro. I am battling with th... moreHas your father tried an LCD iPhone(4.7 inch)? What has he said about the screen? If he doesn't like the screen, go with those 10 options.
If he says he can live with it, maybe go with the iPhone SE(with speed future proofing, 765G is gonna get slow fast), since 5G will not be widespread until roughly 2022. Or wait for the $650 5G iPhone 12. That has the OLED display, great chipset, OIS on cameras, etc, only slightly out of the price range.
This is just my opinion.
One plus trying to be new apple, thinking it's customers will purchase anything which has a 1+ logo on its back.
A brand built upon Speed, using 765G is a shame.
ASUS ROG Phone 3, 21 Jul 2020I need to get a phone for my aged father and he is using Samsung C7 Pro. I am battling with th... more5g in India won't be there till 2023 despite what ambani says. I'd say buy him a cheapo stock android moto/redmi/realme for 15-20k, then switch in end of 2023 when 5g phones are lot cheaper. It ain't worth premium for now. It ain't worth buying expensive phones just for one feature
DrummerAJL, 21 Jul 2020The pro version (which also has a Poco F2 pro rebrand), has an OLED display and the top chipse... moreYo, snapdragon 865 might be faster, but the snapdragon 765G is definetly way more efficient in terms of battery life. How? The use of 2 lower-power cores in replacment of higher power cores on the 865, as well as the lower clock speed, us greater than the slight increase of efficiency from using the A77.
Also, the redmi k30 pro has no 90hz display. And, it's only $425 in china, in europe, it's 499 euros, while the nord is 400 euros.
I need to get a phone for my aged father and he is using Samsung C7 Pro. I am battling with the following choices.
1. Future proof (5G) since I don’t want him to change his mobile any sooner
2. Minimum 8 GB of R A M
3. AMOLED screen 6.44 minimum(he is probably spoiled with Samsung AMOLED). 90 Hz refresh rate is preferable but not show stopper
4. Good Cameras with front and back to have OIS (at least rear). He takes selfie and it must be decent enough(No flagship expectations). Front facing twin cameras is desirable but not mandatory
5. Battery must be super good in terms of longevity (minimum 4000 mAh
6. Price bandwidth Maximum ₹45,000($500)
7. Memory Card expansion option is desirable though not mandatory
8. Colour options like IQOO Orange is desirable but not mandatory
9. Body must be made of Gorilla Glass 5 or 6 with aluminium frame
10. Wireless charging is optional not mandatory
11. IP rating is highly desirable but not mandatory
12. Can wait briefly for better bargains
I am toying between the following
1. Realme X50 Pro 8 GB-128GB RED (or 12 GB 1 256 GB)- within the price range
2. IQOO 3 - Within the budget
3. MI Note 10 - Slightly beyond the budget
4. Nord - Really seems to be best but yet to get first hand reviews
5. OnePlus 8 - 8GB -128 GB (within the budget but seeing lots of defective screen issues reported by users in Amazon, bit concerned)
6. Sony Xperia 1 II (yet to launch here)
7. ASUS ROG Phone 3 - Yet to launch
8. RED Magic Nubia 5G - No idea when it gets released.
Your suggestions for THE ONE mobile ?!
I don't like to nitpick but the nord seems like a tone deaf device that goes against their claim of "listening to customer feedback and taking every detail, even the design seriously". This seems more like "big bro oppo has a lot of spare reno 3 pro frames we can use to save money." How many people even use the extra 2 cameras that were added as an afterthought? The dual selfie camera setup style is on its way out the door already. The 8 series didn't even include them- more proof that they are reusing reno 3 pro frames and disguising it as an extra feature.
If they want a real device that honors their roots, just look at their oneplus 3 that costs about the same and then just update the hardware.
All aluminum back and frame- no problem with that. This device won't have wireless charging at this price anyway. It will look better and sturdier than this glass back and shiny plastic frame monstrosity.
Reduce the cameras to just main and wide or telephoto and remove the extra selfie lens and use the money saved to add the faster ufs memory and type c connection.
Remove the 90htz display and use the money saved for either front speakers or headphone jack- i am fine with either.