[deleted post]Maybe he is part of Oneplus's community or team in disguise. Remember, Oneplus is an community brand like Xiaomi. They always communicate with their customers to know what they need. So maybe it is one of their team. If it os their CEO, then it shows that Oneplus wants to correct its mistakes this year.
Anonymous, 29 Jul 2020This is going South. 600 series chipsets won't be able to make proper use of all that... more700 series isn't even strong enough to run 90hz on the UI. Realme 6 Pro and Oppo Reno 4 proved that. Oneplus is making the wrong choice here. The Mediatek Dimensity 1000L could run 90hz consistently without drops. What about 600 series? Even worse
AnonD-923722, 29 Jul 2020Any suggestions for the next product from Oneplus? Anyone tell me what's wrong with our p... moreAn advice for you Oneplus teams :
1. Use an Flagship chipset
2. Use only an fluid display if the chip supports it
3. Put stereo speakers
4. Put an headphone jack and an MicroSD slot in your midrange, because of UFS 2.1.
5. Don't put gimmicky Macro and Depth cameras. Focus your resources on main and ultrawide.
6. It is okay to put an plastic build, Poco and Samsung showed, but make it strong, not weak like the Nord.
7. Stop copying Realme's design, Oneplus Nord looks like An Realme X3 Superzoom without that square camera cutout on back.
8. Don't go above $1000.
9. Focus on things that improve user experience.
10. Don't always use Qualcomm just because they are famous. Oneplus had their mistake when they put an 765G on the Nord, where you guys could have putted am Mediatek 1000L or an 855+.
11. Share resources with BBK to make even better products.
In 2020, U guys are just lucky that Poco didn't make an "Flagship Killer Killer" that is below $400, this year they are making an "flagship killer" that is below $500.
I hope the next product from you guys are gonna inspire a lot of people. Don't forget what made you guys so succesful untul this day.
Price of Nord range :
Price of Oneplus flagship killer :
Price of Oneplus Pro flagship :
That will attract more people than just making an full on flagship. If something ain't wrong, don't change it. Stay to your philosophy, Oneplus. Thats my advice thanks.
This is going South.
600 series chipsets won't be able to make proper use of all that bandwidth be it 5G or Wifi 6. The CPU will become the bottleneck.
Any suggestions for the next product from Oneplus? Anyone tell me what's wrong with our products this year so we can bring the best technology to the world that makes a difference.
Annyms, 29 Jul 2020Depending on region, you can even get X3 superzoom for same price as Nord. It is has a perisco... moreRealme X2 Pro is superior to X3 superzoom. X3 superzoom only wins in periscope, the rest is downgrade. 855+ don't have the power yet to run 120hz consistently, only 865 can, 865+ can do so at 144hz.
The screen of X2 Pro is brighter, oled, better colours, less blie light. (1000 nits vs 450 nits, oled vs lcd)
X3 superzoom only wins in 120hz.
The camera of the X2 Pro is better, except for long range zoom. X2 Pro's ultrawide is better than the X3 superzoom, it is an bigger sensor and allows for macro. Portraits are better on X2 Pro as it uses the 2x zoom lens..
X2 Pro has faster charging, 50W (100% in 33 min), X3 Superzoom (100% in 60 min) but not a huge amount of difference.
X2 Pro has better design and build quality. It has aluminium frame and glass back. Where as X3 superzoom has plastic which i don't know if it will snap like the Nord.
X2 Pro has stereo speakers whereas x3 superzoom don't.
X3 Superzoom wins in software too. Since it is a newer model, it gets more updates. But i think my money is on the X2 Pro for phone under $500, hands down.
So how easy it is for manufacturers to change the processor and launch it in another market. As seen with LG too with there velvet series. they just changed sd765 to sd845 for new launch. This happens a lot. So, changing the processor requires so many hardware change or is it personal computer where you can slap in another processor untill its compatible with the socket type. And for optimization, is it all software based or do oems adds new hardware in thess situations.
AnonD-923722, 29 Jul 2020Realme X2 Pro Vs Oneplus Nord Price : 1. Realme X2 Pro ($399 : 8/128, $499 : 12/256 GB) ... moreDepending on region, you can even get X3 superzoom for same price as Nord. It is has a periscope zoom camera with OIS. Also 855+ and 120Hz screen. Rest of the specs are almost same including the both of the front and two of the rear cameras.
Arkiki Langstang, 29 Jul 2020I will buy jio phone far better than this Nord sd690. The lowest processor we want is sd765 at... moreBuddy, your intentions are good but, Jio phone with 765 will take 8-10 months to launch. Till then, if you need a flagship killer go for Asus Zenfone 7 with SD865 (₹ 35,000) or good midrange phone then wait 15 days for launch of Samsung M51 with SD 730 for ₹22,000 or LG Q92 with SD 765 for 24,000 in 2 months.
Don't go for IQOO, Realme, Vivo, Poco, they have useless customer service centres.
Los Altos, 29 Jul 2020Buddy the A51 is plastic but "A51 5G" with Exynos 980 has aluminium frame & reta... moreEven the Oneplus 7T with the Oreo glass and metal build snaps, what about their even cheaper priced phones.
This year, oneplus forget what makes them popular in the first place :
1. Good build quality and durability
2. Top end specs
3. Best chip
4. Always prioritizes performance above anything
5. Never settle
They went wrong by :
1. Using weak plastic, i love plastic like the F1 did, it is light, grippy, and no worries when it falls and don't bother to put an case on it. Oneplus put an weak plastic, which is surprising.
2. They used an 765G and prioritizes Qualcimm and 5G. Even though for that same price, they could use an Mediatek Dimensity 1000L for better performance and efficiency. Antutu 450.000 Vs 340.000, 5G chip vs 4G chip + 5G modem.
3. Same as no. 2
4. This year, they prioritize brand and 5G on their chip. They believe people will be more "Wowed" by the word Qualcomm and 5G, in reality, it is an weaker chip than the Dimensity 1000L and more power hungry. People consider Mediatek to be inferior to Snapdragon, but the 1000L is 33% more powerful than an 765G yet eats less power.
5. Never Settle for Oneplus means you should never get less by spending less. This year they destroyed it.
AnonD-923722, 29 Jul 2020Poco F1 with a51 are 100% plastic but don't fail the bend test.
Never settleBuddy the A51 is plastic but "A51 5G" with Exynos 980 has aluminium frame & retails for $500.
But you are right the A51, Poco, even Samsung's M series are plastic but never snap in 2 pieces like the Nord.. there's something really wrong with that one...how they tried to hide the plastic with fake metal layer on top.
Nobi, 29 Jul 2020Apart from spec nerds and penny pinchers, no one gives a sh!t about Poco, Redmi or Realme, tha... moreOneolus phones under $500 aren't worth it. The reason it isn't coming to the US is because Oneplus 7T is on sale at $499. Just like Mkbhd said : Oneplus cannot make an flagship killer with top end specs anymore, because they don't wanna kill their flagship.
Arkiki Langstang, 29 Jul 2020I will buy jio phone far better than this Nord sd690. The lowest processor we want is sd765 at... moreMediatek Dimensity 1000L costs as much as the 765G and it is an 5G chip, so no external modem like the 765G, which saves battery and space. Oneplus is stupid in 2020, they wanted to opt for 765G even though Dimensity 1000L can reach antutus of 450.000. 2020 is when brands goes bland.
[deleted post]Apart from spec nerds and penny pinchers, no one gives a sh!t about Poco, Redmi or Realme, thats the reality, live with it or whatever.
I will buy jio phone far better than this Nord sd690. The lowest processor we want is sd765 at cheapest if not available then Mediatek D800 above is there available as an option. And later on Mediatek will become first choice.
AnonD-923722, 29 Jul 2020Even plastic poco f1 and samsung a51 which is made of plastic 100% don't bend. Correct. Also the Pixel 3a. This Nord is just overhyped junk but clean OS is the saving grace.