Its really unfair to promote the product as it starts from INR 25k. but in reality they will launch that after a month. atleast 5% people got an idea of buying it for 25k will be disappointed or will settle down buying the higher end version next week. generally higher end versions dont make a good numbers on sales. so its a cheap trick by one plus to do like this.
Notesh, 02 Aug 2020People who are more disappointed and asking for flagship features only because of the overjoye... moreTrue. Forget the Nord unless you live in states. If you live in Europe or Asia, get the Poco F2 Pro, Realme X2 Rpr or the Realme X3 Superzoom for the same price or less, but with more value to money ratio.
People who are more disappointed and asking for flagship features only because of the overjoyed marketing. The marketing was so overdone that everyone expected a proper flagship at midrange prices. So OP effectively managed to first create hopes and then crush them
I don't understand what people expect in the price range they are getting a great value for money if not the best......see OPPO Reno 4 Pro :(
Anonymous, 02 Aug 2020A 399 Euro Nord with last years 586 camera sensor, or a 370 Euro Poco F2 Pro with SD 865 and n... moreI thought the Poco F2 Pro starts at £499 euros! Not £370! Has it decreased in price already?
Oneplus is going to the wrong market.
At the US, at $399, it will definitely kill the Iphone SE and the Galaxy A51. But they don't launch it there.
At the Europe, they will be rivaled by the Realme X2 Pro, Realme X3 Superzoom, their own Oneplus 7T, and most importantly, The Poco F2 Pro!
Yet they launch there! So stupid of them!
XRT10, 02 Aug 2020They said "we put same camera hardware that OnePlus 8 has". Looks like OnePlus 8 cam... moreOneplus 8's camera is an crap camera for its price. Quality wise, not great. Versetality/Flexibility wise, downgrade from Oneplus 7 Pro even though it is the same price. The screen is even an downgrade, pop up, QHD+, flat. All for the sake of 865 and 5G which is not yet even ready.
Oneplus 7T pro : $699
Oneplus 7T : $599
Oneplus 8 : $699
If you go with the Oneplus 8, You downgrade in the :
1. Pop Up camera (can be
2. QHD+ screen (downgrade from 7T pro)
3. Flat display option (curved looks cool, but bad in usage )
4. Telephoto camera (less flexible and worse portraits )
5. Autofocus on Ultrawidec camera (No Macro)
6. $100 price increase
7. Aperture of selfie camera and the sensor
What's improved :
1. 5G (who needs it?)
2. 865 performance (only 12%)
3. Longer software updates (half year)
What's not improved :
1. Main camera and selfie camera
2020 is a dissapointing year for Oneplus. I don't know what happened to their team making decision, it is just so so bad. Maybe they dis it purposely to differentiate their pro and vanilla model?
A 399 Euro Nord with last years 586 camera sensor, or a 370 Euro Poco F2 Pro with SD 865 and new Sony 64 mpix sensor.
OnePlus has made its brand around "Speed".
So of course the Nord fails to live up to the brand, since the mid-range QSD 765G processor is roughly equivalent to the old flagship QSD 835 processor. And the market is flooded with phones in this range of speed. That means arguably, the early-2017 OnePlus 5 is a competent alternative to this mid-2020 option. At least when it comes to the software, processor, and waterproofing. The biggest differences are the Price, Headphone Jack, Metal Body, Flat Design. Whilst the Nord has a 50% brighter screen, 30% longer battery life, and a much sharper rear camera.
So then, why not compare the Nord to something closer in price?
Well, in doing so you get to the OnePlus 7t which demolishes it. Almost none of the current consumers of 2020 phones (incl. flagships) are using a 5G connection. And consumers do not anticipate using one in the next two years, ie in the lifespan of the phone. So this isn't a differentiating point for most buyers. And even using other devices to compare it with, like the OnePlus 7pro or the OnePlus 6 are formidable alternatives.
I think if you want a good OnePlus, get the 7t now while it's dirt cheap. Skip the OnePlus 8 and the Nord. If you want a great OnePlus, save up and pay for the premium OnePlus 8 Pro. The point has to be stressed that OnePlus devices are good options if you value Custom Roms and Community Support. Otherwise, there could be a better device out there for your needs.
Almost every other tech site has given the Nord high ratings, so... obviously, the commenters' opinions should clearly be taken with a grain of salt. More so since they don't own the phone.
Oneplus thinks it'll survive with marketing alone. FailFish
It's a great phone, I gotta agree on that. But it's not oneplus like. No flagship chipset on a budget, doesn't have all the flagship features (have all of them but worse,ofc). Other than that, yeah great phone, but not worthy of being called oneplus, more like samsung
They said "we put same camera hardware that OnePlus 8 has". Looks like OnePlus 8 camera is also creepy like it's sibling "Nord".
They just created hype for marketing, with a phone that looks like every other Phone in this price range
Camera is really really disappointing here.
Earlier people compromised on camera as a trade off with fastest smartphone in the world. Now everything is average for the price and confusing what really are we buying it for.
Also no headphone jack and worst mono speaker are not helping either.
In india pricing is also high as per the hype they created.
If samsung launches M31S with SD 730 G and rice it 8.5 k higher price matching Nord, it will sell like Hot cakes.
They should do it. 8.5 K is more than enough to compensate the price gap Between 9611 and 730g.
If you're asking if a device is overhyped, there's already a problem in my opinion.
And coming from OP, I wasn't expecting less, that's kinda sad.
It fails to live up to the hype because of :
1. Weak plastic design (i am fine with plastic phones like the F1 and A51, they are light, and. No worries when it drops, but the Nord's plastic is so weak.)
2. Chipset not powerful enough to power 90hz consistently (especially when the device gets hot)
3. No MicroSD slot (cmon, it is a midrange!)
4. No headphone jack and IR Blaster (this is a midrange oneplus, not a flagship, why no jack?)
5. It is no longer an flagship killer anymore, it is an midrange. (They can't make an flagship killer anymore, because if they do, they will kill their flagship. Which means the Oneplus we know is no longer here. Yes it is a new "Beginning", a "Beginning" no one likes or hopes for)
6. It is only good in states for its price, yet Oneplus don't launch it there. In Asia and Europe, the Realme X2 Pro and the older Oneplus 7T as well as Poco F2 Pro crushes it.
7. Oneplus is copying other marketing tricks from other companies, like depth camera, macro camera, which is useless rather have an telephoto lens or an 16 MP ultrawide.
8. No stereo speakers, the mono speaker is so bad.
9. The most important one : ONEPLUS HYPED THE PHONE TOO MUCH. NEVER HYPE YOUR PHONE TOO MUCH. EVEN STAGGERING PHONES LIKE THE F1 DON'T HYPE THEMSELVES. JUTS LET THE INTERNET HYPE IT, NOT YOU GUYS. What you end up with : The same situation like the S20 Ultra, Overhyped and fails to deliver expectations and fails to deliver whay it is hyped for.
Flagship camera (only true for main and selfie main camera)
Smooth and fast oxygen OS (90hz yes, but not consistent)
Incredible design that feels premium (only in the back glass, frame is painted like metal but is not premium and very weak)
This can be believed. The reasons can be as follows
- India has been a biggest market game for One+. But with 'made in India' and ' indian products' only fever in the country has impacted the sale. And by now it's a known fact that One+ is a sister concern of OPPO VIVO REALME iQOO.
- cheapest version in terms of money ie. 25000/-INR is yet to launch in India. People may be waiting and saving for that.
- Apple iPhone SE 2020 had an advantage of early entry into and no other player in the segment and was able to gain trust of buyers. iPhone SE has really helped apple to grow sales even in this time of pandemic. This in turn led to one+ lovers going in for Apple iPhone or Android lovers waiting for Pixel4a.
- not everyone loves large chunk of Phone. There are people who love compact yet powerful phones. Nord doesn't fall into compact phone segment. Such people would have opted for an iPhone SE or are waiting for Pixel4a.