Some troll must have tried to sue Samsung to get some quick cash. LOL
Sirfoxelot, 09 Jul 2012The proably reasson for it only damaging the area around the Charging socket is because this i... moreYeap, from what I remember from Physics classes in high school and university...
But that was a long time ago... so...
Personally, I'm a Galaxy fan. But, when I first read the news about the flamin' phone, I thought "Well, S@it happens, and not just to iPhones."
Now, it turns out it was some dude, a really, really, reeeaaaallly dumb dude who decided to dry his phone in the microwave. I've seen all kind of reactions to these.
People are saying Samsung gave him money to tell this stuff. Where are the evidences that a large company gave money to some dude to say what he said about the only case that happened in the whole world?! I'm not defending Samsung, but people, come on... Evidence, logic...
Also, people are saying nobody is stupid enough to try and dry a phone in a microwave... Well, I work in a phone store and I beg to differ... People pull all kind of cr@ap when they bust their phones, from wrapping them in rice and sand, to letting them sit in the midday sun for weeks at end, to, yes, trying to dry them in a microwave, a gas oven or even an open flame.
People are stupid (me included in some stuff), that's a fact, and some people are dumber than others. And that's why we have lawyers, so the not so stupid people can protect themselves from dumb people (mind you, I've never met a lawyer I like, but I believe they exist, as I believe in life in other planets).
So, I'll state that lovely principle in justice, a person is innocent until proven guilty. The dumb dude confessed, he's guilty. Samsung has not a single evidence against them (for now), they're innocent (for now).
Thank you and good night!
Anonymous, 09 Jul 2012How come the microwave only affect the charging connector area, must be some smart microwave f... moreThe proably reasson for it only damaging the area around the Charging socket is because this in an exposed metal area so the microwave energy would start Arcing around this thus burning the surrounding plastic
I hope the authorities have taken this idiot into custody for the protection of those around him, he is clearly a moron and shouldn't be allowed to use anything more complicated than a crayon.
exposed to water then used microwave oven to dry it up? very scientific...
I think reader named as (ME) likes to keep his gadgets in the microwave wherein I use microwave only for food purpose
Me, 09 Jul 2012I think Sam that you don't have got the microwave at home. If you have it then try to put an i... moreI think you like to keep your gadgets in the Microwave as I only use for food purpose
Samsung should sue him for his false claims, he has done a lot of damage to their image and probably put a lot of people off from the S3, plus he's given Apple zombies something to crow about. I doubt they'd have any problems taking him to the cleaners over this.
=_=, 09 Jul 2012not all plastric melts in the microwave.... was that serious?here, the person only wanted to "dry out" the phone, so he then sets the max temp maybe between Thaw-level or above. When he turns it on, after several seconds arcs started to appear between the microwave and the charger terminal(which is metal). That person then panicked and immediately turned off the microwave. Now, taking into account the purpose of the "microwave-ing" only a low temperature setting was used and the panicking led to a, presumably, less-than-the-2-minute-average for using a microwave. The circumstantial evidence points to the plastic not being heated high enough or long enough to melt.
The reason why only the charger terminal area was burned because it has metal parts that are somewhat exposed. Microwave ovens can cause electric arcs to metals, tried that once with an aluminum wrapper and it burned through the wrapper.
Sam, 09 Jul 2012I think that its fake as the fone is busted it dsnt look like that it was under a microwave ..... moreI think Sam that you don't have got the microwave at home. If you have it then try to put an iphone in it and see what happens
Seriously???? I bet this guy was kind of ''talk out of it'' by the universal mean of communication that convinces on the first talk which is $$$$$$$$$$. Do Samsung think that readers are dumbies???? Seriously??!! Microwave!! Couldn't they find a better excuse?
Cirez, 09 Jul 2012Got loads of money from samsung Similar to Apple
You can place metal objects in the microwave as long as it is sufficantly insulated, just like some microwavable snack pots. The reason only the changing port was affected is due to the fact there is no insulating around it.
I think that its fake as the fone is busted it dsnt look like that it was under a microwave ... and if it was a microwave than entire fone might have got busted ... there is no burn traces on the fone neither on the screen
An S2 exploded in one of our stores as well. The phone was overheating at 1st and then exploded at the same point where the one pictured did.