The last time i read about microwave misuse was a pet owner using microwave to dry her pet. Ended up the pet was cooked, and she raised a lawsuit for that.
Now we got people who assumed they can extract water out of cellphones by microwaving it...
Whats next? Build a huge size microwave to dry cars faster?
AnonD-62269, 08 Jul 2012Its microwave not oven. That is why the plastic didnt melt =.=.not all plastric melts in the microwave.... was that serious?
It was Apple trying to sabotage the launch and popularity of the SGS3 by having one of their henchmen explode an SGS3 and blame the phones workmanship.
I hate it when people don't read things properly, then go be loud mouths about it.
Samsung only reported that the investigation carried out by the third party resulted in them determining that the galaxy s3 could not have caught out on fire, without some kind of external influence from microwaves.
it was THE OWNER who came forward and admitted that he put it in a microwave oven.
How can you honestly sit there and call Samsung stupid for making this excuse, when the owner has openly admitted in the forum that he put it in a microwave oven???????????
Anonymous, 08 Jul 2012That video is believed to be fake. Also not mentioned on some articles is the young man though... more... yeah, right. so you're saying:
1. his ighter leaked creating the smoke. yet it's only the "thing" he threw out of his pocket that was smoking and nothing else in his pocket, or even the clothes themselves (i say "thing" as you can't prove from the video what he threw out of his pocket).
2. you're saying the driver was slow to get out of the van and get to the friend. considering the friend wasn't visibly "on fire", no real need to run is there? or are ou saying that the friend would be watching the friend for every second he stepped out of the van? noting that given the lower angle the friend would have seen the incident, he wouldn't have seen the smoke as early as the higher angle camera.
3. your apparently "multitude" out of 10's of millions represents less than 0.001%
Anonymous, 07 Jul 2012apple are gonna be pissed of now :D they cant sue samsung for xploding/melting phones like th... moreU sure? I bet Apple got a patent on exploding phones, maybe this will ban the SGS3 in the US.
if you read his blog you'll see the guy told lies, the phone went on fire in his car etc... then suddenly, after samsung have to weaste time on investigating, the guy admits he made it up. samsung should take him to court for damages
hell, 08 Jul 2012how the plastic body didnt melt in oven??? samsung...not expactingIts microwave not oven. That is why the plastic didnt melt =.=.
Anonymous, 07 Jul 2012The phone was exposed to water and the owner tried to dry it in the microwave ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... moreThe investigation was done by a third party. Of course, you will probably question them as well and anyone who says it's not Samsung's fault lol I find it funny that you mentioned you are a Samsung fan and have galaxy s2 as if that's gonna give additional credibility to your statement. It's like one of those people who say "um, I have a sense of humour, but that wasn't funny" or "I am a democrat, but even I hate Obama".
.Its another time we see the Cyber propaganda as far as commercial gains are concerned
.We the consumers have to be bold to beat up these cheap endevours to snag bad tags to the products,done by those failed to compete fairly in market by lacking the sustainable creativity.
AnonD-62233, 08 Jul 2012Samsung is clearly playing games with cock & bull stories... rather than creating stories ... moreyou must be an iphone fan...just so you know an iphone exploded as well maybe you should google it...as for samsung even if it was a faulty phone then thats part of manufacturing and there is always a chance of have a few faulty phones out of a million manufactured. keep your emotions under control before you speak
Shit just the wet phone on a bowl of alcohol for few second and dry it with paper towel and let it dry for a day before puting the battery on that it... puting it in a microwave moron!!!!
If I paid $600 for a faulty phone, I might retract my words if someone pays me 60 grand.
i knew it... this is again sammy's another piece of GARBAGE! yet some people like this G!...so lol isnt it?
Samsung is clearly playing games with cock & bull stories... rather than creating stories it can focus on the quality and better testing of its components which will stop the failures of this kind... It always produces cheap phones(hardware end) for a hefty sum... This story tells, how this corporate trying to suppress the original version of the SGS3 owners story and just behaving like this is no fault of Samsung... Samsung common, wake up and give us the best not only in price but also in quality and features....
Dazz, 08 Jul 2012Well maybe you guys should read the report before blasting a company that got a governmental b... moreThat video is believed to be fake. Also not mentioned on some articles is the young man thought it was his lighter. If by slim chance it is real there is a strong chance his lighter, being in the same pocket as his iPhone, leaked. This would cause that huge cloud of smoke. Also mentioned was the incident aboard the Australian plane. That phone was found to have been serviced by an unauthorized third party. And the slow way in which this guys friend gets out of the van suggests its fake. If it were real I'd venture a guess that having a friend or coworker on fire would cause someone to RUN to his aid. Also to those ready to flame me... Apple makes MILLIONS of these devices. I know a multitude of iPhone users who have NEVER experienced any overheating problems.