AnonD-33023, 07 Jul 2012the story the company is saying , i knew it cause last year same thing happend with s-ii if ... moreHope you had already given the same advice to the rotten fruits as their phones also had exploded/melted in the past(latest being 4S in the last week).
Anonymous, 07 Jul 2012The phone was exposed to water and the owner tried to dry it in the microwave ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... moreMate, at least Samsung made some investigations and published the reasons (may be true or false) about the exploded phone. What did rotten fruits have done about their exploded/melted phones?
the story the company is saying , i knew it
cause last year same thing happend with s-ii if any one can remember. the company now want to supress the thing by saying it fake , nothing more i ca expect from them.
many of the usersare complaining it that there phone are getting over heated , but eventually no one is using it beside of oven or water tank
poor samsung , be brave and try accept the fact
The phone was exposed to water and the owner tried to dry it in the microwave ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm samsung big fan i also have galaxy S II, but i have one question .... How much samsung payed to the guy to say this bullshit?!
sanitycheck, 07 Jul 2012There appear to be lot of Samsung competitor fans and conspiracy theorists accusing Samsung fo... moreAgreed! By the way, as you can see in my last post, i'm one of those that think by himself and not rumors, even if i'm just 18 still.
And about what you said about the religion with the machine, you realy can see how annoying those OS/manufacturer wars are here, looks like a nerd sport...
Nokia fanboys wanted this story to be true so hard...
But obvious millions of SIII users never report their phones being explode but this isolated case is true for them!
Of course he is a liar you can check Ebay there are thousands of phones are ruined with water and their prices dropped way too much (500$ to 150$)
So he figured to make this story to get free replacement because warranty doesn't include misuse.
And for those who say Samsung paid him up... and the evidence is? if there is non then just close your mouths up because making a bold accusation is so easy but backing it up is something else!
I realy tought there was something rotten on this story...
First of: the most probable part to explode would be the battery, any other component would at most melt, the battery doesn't hold enought charge for a short circuit cause a intense fire, but the battery itself can explode.
Another point: Who saw the SIII teardown know that, there isn't anyting else than a microphone in this place, not even a memory chip or processor that could heat up.
There appear to be lot of Samsung competitor fans and conspiracy theorists accusing Samsung for paying off the guy. However, there is more evidence to believe the contrary:
First, the most likely component of the phone that can heat up and explode is the battery. According to the picture, the damage was nowhere near the battery.
Second, as the other readers have pointed out, the investigation was done by a third party (believe it was in collaboration with a local government office).
I understand that there has been numerous incidents in the past where companies have used sophisticated "reverse psychology" to bump up their publicity but this doesn't appear to be the case...
Wish people bring more objectivity, fairness, and reasoning/thought process to the table than being emotional and religious about what they like or don't like, especially when it's not the most important thing in life. Unfortunately, it's inevitable that certain age groups (especially teens, early 20's, senior citizens, people with identity issues, ...) are more vulnerable, susceptible, and gullible (a.k.a. get carried away or brain-washed) and become primary targets for certain products with hypes and sophisticated marketing schemes where the perception is made to be reality... Sharing honest, objective, and candid feedback and information is definitely awesome. However, getting very religious and emotional on a "machine" like a smartphone rather than their true loved ones (family, friends, etc.) is not very productive for the whole society.
By the way, I own Apple, Samsung, and LG products and have owned Motorola and Nokia phones before. A lot of people buy based on needs and what best fits those needs, without getting carried away by the hypes or having religious beliefs..
I knew from the start that Samsung wouldn't make such dumb phone that would burn by itself anyway. Apple patented it already, and Samsung is already sick and tired being sued by Apple.
Amit Dey, 07 Jul 2012From the picture it is appearing the damage occurred while charging the phone. How SASMSUNG pr... moreso amit dey, tell me about how much hater you are and what smartphone you have, the iphone4 or maybe 4s
This guys did not put his phone in the microwave for no apparent reason okay.
Seems that this guy leaked water into his Galaxy S3 (god and himself knows how), then he thought that some time ago he poured water over his legendary Nokia too and he successfully 'dried' it using microwave.
Not long after that we have a cool exploding S3 news.
AnonD-7471, 07 Jul 2012i think samsung paid the guy off, why i say this why would u put a phone in a microwave just t... moreYes, there are a lot more ignorant, immature, and malicious people in this world and in this country than one may think... Teens and people below mid 20's are usually in the "immature" category. Why do you think the insurance premiums are so high and there are always a long line of people making "returns" and "exchanges"...? Yes, there will always be manufacturing defects but non-trivial portion of the high prices we pay on manufactured goods are used to cover the "mistakes" and "bad intent" caused by the consumers. Basically, consumers are paying for the damages caused by the "other" consumers.
Amit Dey, 07 Jul 2012From the picture it is appearing the damage occurred while charging the phone. How SASMSUNG pr... moreDude, read the article...
"The company even contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to help them get to the bottom of it and they've concluded that it's a external heat source, presumably a domestic microwave oven."
"Here's what the report states:
The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner's damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave"
ya man 'what a statement" and we all believed it but truth is hiding somewhere in the samsung dept.
From the picture it is appearing the damage occurred while charging the phone. How SASMSUNG proved it caused from contact of home microwave-oven. If user kept it inside microwave-oven the whole phone would have been toasted or if user kept it beside heat generating machine like microwave-oven as said by company color of the whole phone suppose to change to brown. SAMSUNG need to clarify what kind of internal damage done to SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII after this before shipping more phone from factory.Because in third world country like Bangladesh people have not much source to complain about product if they are experiencing any problem with such expensive device.
Big big fail to the conspiracy theorists who reckon Samsung paid off the guy - the findings were verified by a separate organisation unrelated to the incident, which then forced the guy to come clean about what really happened.
Take off your blinkers.
Anonymous, 07 Jul 2012Is it really the fault of the user or did Samsung pay him to tell that? I know every company h... moreKeep in mind, that plenty of iPhone's internals are actually made by Samsung. Other than sometimes debatable choice of materials for phone's bodies, quality-wise Aplle doesn't really hold the upper hand against Samsung in any way.
Knowing how mindless people sometimes manage to be, and seeing the actual damage, I am willing to believe in this explanation.
i think samsung paid the guy off, why i say this why would u put a phone in a microwave just to get another one just to be on the news.