ash, 17 Sep 2020"Sony is known for bad decisions. They will find a way to mess even Xperia 5 II potential... moreThat's why it sucks a bit when you're a fan of an anti-consumerist company. They make really cool and awesome stuff, but the xperia 10 ii that i use, i really wouldn't recommend people to get it
Sony is dreaming again....I can name at least 5 or 6 phones available right now which are better and cheaper than this Xperia in most ways. I'm now even talking about Pixel 5 and iPhone 12. Take a break, Sony!
$950? Sorry OnePlus 8 Pro, but this is definitely the one I'd take.
Mind you... it's not an easy choice if you are also considering a brand new LG V60 ThinQ 5G with DualScreen case at the same time.
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2020I will assume you are just uninformed and not trolling.
Luckily, with semi-recent high freq... moreMaybe you need to get informed first.
Go understand how VOOC works. Research a bit more on practical results.
Real world tests have proven 18W USB PD to be generating extra 18°C whereas VOOC increased temperatures by maximum 3°C.
Real world independent studies have shown how VOOC 65W charging batteries retaining upto 92% battery health over 800 charge cycles(roughly 2-2.5 yrs) while normal 18W charging support batteries starting to degrade at around 300-450 charge cycles.
By the time they complete 800 cycles, battery health was already around 80%.
Fearghast, 17 Sep 2020You are so shortsighted - specs are not everything if they are useless or nearly useless in th... more"Sony is known for bad decisions. They will find a way to mess even Xperia 5 II potential somehow."
This one is true unfortunately. I own so many Sony products (smartphones, action cam, TV,
projector etc.) and most of them have some kind of quality issue, but still they are better than other brands in most ways.
I dont expected the phone to be perfect, nothing is...
iOS Never Again, 17 Sep 202065W VOOC is twice as good for longevity compared to 18W-21W USB PD. I will assume you are just uninformed and not trolling.
Luckily, with semi-recent high freq resonant charging technology instead of just inductive, the efficiency has gotten up to about 85% for high-efficiency coils, then an one or two percent for transformation inefficiencies, let's say 84% total. That is 16% of the electrical energy being dumped into your phone as heat. The faster you charge, the more energy will be lost as heat in the battery itself, that is just the basis of any chemical battery charging.
That is why Sony's battery bypass is such a big deal, but that is also why lower wattage charging is, by definition, less damaging to the battery. With wireless charging moreso because because of the big inefficiency, you are dumping even more heat into the phone and battery than wired. This and stupidly overcharging (Sony phone also is one of the first to implement a charge lock without root) is why batteries are dying a year and a half to two years after release, all so people can be stupid and forgetful and not keep their phone charged so they have barely any time to charge it.
Of course, as usually, Czech Republic is the most expensive of all countries. Like we were sh*tting gold in here...
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2020- The Photographer (real photographer) of the channel Art of Photography perfers much more tha... moreYou are so shortsighted - specs are not everything if they are useless or nearly useless in the use case.
Photographers do not take serious photos with a weak, soft telephoto on Xperia 1 II - I bet they have at least a semi decent compact.
I don't care for 10 bit.
iPhone video quality is unmatched by any device (sad, but proven times and times again).
+ You clearly did not understand my point of 120Hz being useless on previous Sony devices - as it was nonfunctional, not implemented.
Sony is known for bad decisions. They will find a way to mess even Xperia 5 II potential somehow.
This piece of crap is 900 euro and rog Phone 3 with much More specs is already In shops for 799 euro Sony use your brain this why u dont sell good.being greedy is not smsrt move.
lavialegon, 17 Sep 2020If you didn't know 21W is made to make your battery last longer.65W VOOC is twice as good for longevity compared to 18W-21W USB PD.
Fearghast, 17 Sep 2020- it does not have useless low quality telephoto ... whoopidy
- Don't care on 5,4" ... more- The Photographer (real photographer) of the channel Art of Photography perfers much more than 70mm of 1ii even at digital zoom over than 52mm from iphone 11 pro and 104mm of S20 Ultra in quality.
- 10bit, you should care because makes images better. Tvs are 10bit. Read about colour banding
- 8bit video is inferior to 10bit, same way 10 is inferior to 12. Ask anyone who understand about video. Everything you watch on tv is 10bit (at least) ... Human eye grabs image way beyond that.
- LOL, sony limitations? You want Mediatek P20 (similar to SD625) to keep up 120Hz? Megapixel count, screen resolution and screen refresh rates are according to cpu. Even if it could , they would not allow ppl to use, like just did not ...
- You care about UFS3.0 and ddr5 , just do not want to admit here. If sony was using ddr4x and ufs2.1 you would bash.
Lol going by your comment, you literally just want a midrange phone, why are you even looking at flagships then? You don't want or need any of the flagship features. Just get a Pixel 4a or an iPhone SE and be done with it, save a ton of money in the process... I went from a flagship processor to a SD636 and literally didn't notice a difference in general use speed and such because I don't game. It seems, from your comments, that the only reason to get an iPhone 12 is for making tiktoks or short videos as it does have one of the best (probably the best) video qualities if you want to just hit "go" and have a finished product.
Also the xperia mark i vs mark ii line is VASTLY different as far as rear camera quality goes. I mean, you can literally look at the GSMarena photo tool and compare any 3 phones in a studio (controlled) setting. The mark ii even has the lowest photo noise in low light and good light compared to every other modern smartphone and the most accurate colors. (Though accurate doesn't mean that people like the pictures more, lots of people like the oversaturated, white imbalanced iPhone colors and the oversharpened Samsung and Oneplus colors as they can look stylistically more appealing)
But you are right, Apple processors are superior in many aspects and even the budget phone has a great processor, but that doesn't matter since there is barely any difference with non-gaming general usage anyway.
Also you are somewhat right about sound quality because the Apple airpods 2 wireless chip is actually an amazing feat of engineering, and most people literally can't notice the difference if they took a blind test on it. It would matter for the minority of people who can though.
Pabliell, 17 Sep 2020158 mm is too long? Then how about 167 mm of S20 Ultra? You fold it or something?And what about iPad Pro 12.9, can you fit it in your pocket?
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2020Oh look, it's too long to fit into the pocket!158 mm is too long? Then how about 167 mm of S20 Ultra? You fold it or something?
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2020iphone 12 5,4"
- two cameras , no ToF nor 52mm from X/Xs. none is covered by gg6
- ... more- it does not have useless low quality telephoto ... whoopidy
- Don't care on 5,4" screen. I do not watch Youtube on a phone, especialy on a small phone.
- 10bit - don't care
- 10bit don't care at all, iPhones have overall better quality when it comes to video, even better mics it seems ("hears").
- Xperia XA1 can't use 120Hz because of Sony limitations = useless, same as Apple might have 120Hz screens with 120 disabled = useless. 120Hz screen on a phone - don't care, it's a slave, minor device.
- lighting is incredibly inconvenient port - even most of the Apple fans hate it
- no ufs 3.0 - don't care
- no ddr5 ram - don't care
- no sd slot - another huge con
- can't open sim tray without tool - don't care - useless; you had perfect chance to say no dualsim. You are really scraping the barrel here!
- any screen with defect is not nice - notch or hole
- 1/2.55" main camera - not official, if so - denied!
- no headphones in the box - THANK GOD! No more Earpods tosh!
- small battery - yeah, I know - we'll see
- weaker cpu, gpu and modem ? Slower modem I get, CPU or GPU? Based on what? Useless antutu that Apple fans loved every other year because it wrote a bigger number in the end? Useless.
No Qi charging on Xperia 5 II ... :D ... I don't care even through I have Qi charger at home and in a car.
Not to mention! No real argument like "low quality wireless audio compared to any Android device." - if you want to make an argument, please do not use baring sound. Think, there are so many iOS limitations that matter much more than DDR5.
Oh look, it's too long to fit into the pocket!
BestPhoneGuy, 17 Sep 2020It won't bring any focus issues. The Zeiss auto focus doesn't use the tof sensors.What are u trying to say? Zeiss got nothing to do about AF. 😂😂
Fearghast, 17 Sep 2020Cheaper than iPhone 12 5,4" 128GB?iphone 12 5,4"
- two cameras , no ToF nor 52mm from X/Xs. none is covered by gg6
- HD screen
- cant show videos in 10bit quality
- cannot record 10bit videos
- 60Hz screen, even Xperia XA1 has 120Hz hardware
- no usb c
- no ufs 3.0
- no ddr5 ram
- no sd slot
- cant open sim tray without tool
- user cannot use 100% of the screen, piece is missing
- 1/2.55" main camera
- no charger in the box, nor earphones
- less than 2500mAh
- weaker cpu, gpu and modem
Well, I suppose it is cheaper ...
BestPhoneGuy, 17 Sep 2020It won't bring any focus issues. The Zeiss auto focus doesn't use the tof sensors.Zeiss = lenses
Autofocus = hardware + software
So it looks like for the US release it's going to take Sony 2 months to once again dumbly strip out the key feature for a 2020 phone...5G. What the hell are they thinking?