I only want to say, All the best Huawei. If you're innocent we'll definitely welcome u wholeheartedly.
Even I'm ready to explore new possibilities n already fed up with monopolies. Where one company doesn't want to change it's inferior chips nor cutting down prices and even selling plastic phones fr thousand bucks and the other greedy company has stopped innovating n selling lil faster chips in new phones for every year with ridiculous prices n same specs or even no specs. One software based company already gone into drain (in mobile phone business) n I'm already bored with their so called secured software experience.
Shui8, 10 Oct 2020Not sure. But the leaks about '80mp' UWA, liquid lens, 9P lens are everywhere.But those are rumours so not sure if they are going to use them or no
Worst huawei design ever after P40 pro. Why they keep that shitty looking pill shaped camera cutout? Even iphone looks better than this
Sadly it won't sell much outside China. I bet the camera will be spectacular.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2020Harmony duuh.. .google is ban forget itWhere were u when Huawei introduce Harmony?
I was at home browsing the play store on P30 Pro when Trump call
„Google is ban“
Nick Tagataka, 10 Oct 2020Quad Bayer sounds unlikely if they want to maintain the super slow motion as one of the key fe... moreAgreed. These Mate 40 series not so much leaks compared to its predecessor.
I like it. Surprise us. There are rumors that all camera tech & features that supposed to be in next P50 are put in these Mate 40 series altogether, considering the ban that is going on.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2020Harmony duuh.. .google is ban forget itI think that's the appeal. No Google spyware out of the box.
abigfanoftechs, 10 Oct 2020I predict the price will be greater than $1k. :-) #leakMaybe a little bit over $1000 in the beginning. But after couple of month it will be available for less than $1k for sure.
JUST MAYBE, 10 Oct 2020and what os it will be inside? android or harmony????? come on huawei lets suprised us.Harmony duuh.. .google is ban forget it
Shui8, 10 Oct 2020Yup, that is true as well, at 16mm. But I wonder how big the sensor is, a Quad Bayer sensor or... moreMaybe it won't 80MP but instead it will match the resolution of main camera 50MP and for size of sensor i think 1/1.2"
abigfanoftechs, 10 Oct 2020I predict the price will be greater than $1k. :-) #leakObviously, p40 pro plus was at 1400 usd, this might go even higher, but I think it wioo be worth it, atleast compared to other 1400 usd phones
Shui8, 10 Oct 2020Yup, that is true as well, at 16mm. But I wonder how big the sensor is, a Quad Bayer sensor or... moreQuad Bayer sounds unlikely if they want to maintain the super slow motion as one of the key features. The only reason why they could do native 1920fps recording with Mate 30 Pro and P40 Pro is that the ultra wide camera in fact uses 16-in-1 Bayer sensor (Or what some had referred to "Quad Quad Bayer" before P40 series was announced) which enables ultra fast readout and extremely high sensitivity.
Personally I'm expecting that the sensor size will be somewhat comparable to Nokia 808, so 1/1.2", but there's a chance that it could get just as large as 1" if Mate 40 Pro follows the same path as Mate 30 Pro where the UWA sensor was larger than the main sensor. The thing is though, we barely have any information as no big leaks have come out on this phone so far lol.
I am most excited about 6 things :
1. Huawei always claims they have an ultrawide, but it is at 16 - 18 mm, which isn't wide enough like the 12mm Samsungs and Iphones.
Their main camera and telephoto is already great, but the ultrawide isn't wide enough. And i wish their low light video can reach ISO 409600. The cine ultrawide is great, but just isn't wide enough.
2. Battery, they will have industry leading battery and charging. Most excited hy the 66W Charging. Also wireless charging will be at least 40W.
3. Huawei's display isn't class leadung at all (not by resolution and refresh rate). I am fine with 90hz 1080p panel, but their color tuning and brightness isn't samsung or apple's standard. I wish they would tune it better. And the waterfall edges i hope they will be more useful than just their looks because they take so much space at sides.
4. Interested in the new Kirin chips and how it fares against other chips (particularly the 5Nm chips)
5. Interesting to see Huawei develop an new design to set an trend again. They set an entire trend with the industry from P20 Pro, Mate 20, P30, Mate 30 and Honor V30. What will they do with the Mate 40?
Huawei has an record for making excellent designed smartphones unlike Samsung'S Ugly S20 Ultra and Plastic Note 20.
6. Eager to see EMUI 11 and Huawei's Harmony os. I hope Huawei will make it feel better. I hope Huawei will provide 3 years of software updates as opposed to 2. 3 years is the minimal for all phones.
Nick Tagataka, 10 Oct 2020Don't forget the UWA camera that will have possibly the largest sensor (80MP according to... moreYup, that is true as well, at 16mm. But I wonder how big the sensor is, a Quad Bayer sensor or new tech, if it is, 20mp on pixel binned mode 😱😱