iH8allFanboys, 17 Nov 2020Riiiiiight, ok. Android and Apple take feature from one another. More than anything Android is... moreLet's talk about very basic features.
icloud is a wholesome copy of google's android premise.
notification was rubbish on iphone, the idea of a notification shade came from android.
shortcuts was copied totally from android. Before shortcuts, you need to click through 5 menus to turn on wifi or turn it off.
No note No samsung . Samsung is going to suicide. Note is the navigation for the phone industry . Keep it up. Keep making flgship notes. If samsung want to loose note don't make budget note. Like note 20, note20 5G. Make only "note 21" instead of note 21 ultra 5G.
NOTE 21=NOTE 21 ULTRA 5G . NEXT NOTE 21 WITH FULL FEATURES WITH FLAGSHIP. that is I want.Note will be note.if you want to launch budget note phones why you worry you have bunch of them [M, A, etc series like that ].Next note 21 please send with full features. Don't copy from others. Keep making the unic note phone.
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2020He definitely ain't laughing since he lost his thermonuclear war against Android and now ... moreRiiiiiight, ok. Android and Apple take feature from one another. More than anything Android is trying to become more like Apple. One of the main reasons people chose Android is because you can root it and do anything you want (and yet people forget that jailbreak was and is still a thing and came before Android) but now phone manufactories are locking that down...just like Apple.
Android(more specifically Google) are slow to add features(just like Apple) that phone manufactories had to add themselves which causes issues for people when they see two of the same app on their phone
Google Assistant came to be because of Siri.
Do not disturb feature(which I love) came to Apple first
In reality is Android(Google) who is trying to catch up(and for a while) but hey...at least Apple added the drop down menu from android and bottom screen menu where you can access your phones core functions and finally(?) added widgets...because everyone was complaining about how Apple didn't have widgets(unpopular opinion, I could care less for widgets as it does not make my life any easier and honestly just a dig at Apple for not having it and honestly...windows phone live tiles feature is waaaay more useful)
Boggy-Stefy, 16 Nov 2020Diversity is good when actually exist. In the last years, no clear differences between S an No... moreTotally agree, though I was referring to even more diverse things than that, like :
*Pop up, bezel, flip up, slider phones.
*Different camera setup.
*More biometric diversity (ultrasonic FPS, more side and back FPS, more 3D facial recognition).
*More body size (smaller phones are missing, the success of the iPhone 12 mini is a proof of that).
*More thickness range (the ultra thin like the R5 and phones thicker than 10mm are both lacking).
*Dual stage dedicated camera button.
*More specialized features (thermal camera, armored, non-foldable dual displays, triple and quad SIMs, special additional connectors, etc).
*More special phones in general like the LG Wing, LG X Screen/V10/V20, Vivo Nex Dual Display/Nubia Z20, Oppo Find X, Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha, etc...
Those are ultra rare, most phones are the same with minimum variations :
*Same size and thickness.
*Flagships having 1/2 chances to have curved edge display.
*Feel like 48% chances of a punch hole and 48% chances of a notch and 4% left or less for all remaining options.
*Basically the same camera setup with no options for someone wanting just a single main camera, or a higher resolution Portrait or Macro, Telephoto being super popular and still often left aside, etc.
And all that that make the vast majority of smartphones limited to a particular set of characteristics that aren't necessarily the best and offer next to no options for peoples with different tastes.
For exemple, I would love for a smartphone to have the flat display + 3D facial recognition + pop up + underdisplay FPS combo, but except the Oppo Find X there isn't any pop up + 3D facial recognition and the Find X isn't even a true pop up.
Add ultrasonic FPS and 3.5mm Jack into the mix on a flagship, and well...
And except Huawei no one make 3D face recognition + FPS as if one was a replacement for the other...
Just someone wanting a small but powerful smartphones with only one main camera (that's a mix of popular demands) is literally impossible in recent devices.
And this is funny/sad as this is one of the market with the most opportunities for diversity and one of the least diverse market that exist at the same time...
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2020Pretty much proves late Steve Job's famous quote on the launch of Original iPhone in 2007... moreHe definitely ain't laughing since he lost his thermonuclear war against Android and now iOS is shamelessly copying features and playing catchup like a dog.
no flip fe?
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2020Pretty much proves late Steve Job's famous quote on the launch of Original iPhone in 2007... moreYour comnent is a joke. Apple has the Apple pencil gor iphone. Nobody uses that. Steve jobd is crying in his tomb because apple is not offering the charger
Better remove ultra section but Note is always Note my lovely. Note series is a charm pride of samsung....
SamBoy, 16 Nov 2020Well Samsung tries to copy Apple. Selling overpriced devices which cost less than half to make... moreFor example, only the pieces of S20 Ultra cost to Samsung Mobile about $550.
Then you have import taxes of components, transport to the factories, assembling costs, software, certifications, licensing of 3rd party tech, R&D, marketing, distribution all over the planet etc ...
SamBoy, 16 Nov 2020Well Samsung tries to copy Apple. Selling overpriced devices which cost less than half to make... moreIn Romania for $5-6 you get 1000Mbit glass fiber internet, even my gradma has such a connection :D
Yeah but, There will be Galaxy S21. And as you can see, I've never heard of
the Galaxy S20 series.
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2020And it will be the fragile Folds and Flips.Exactly 👍
AnonD-834088, 16 Nov 20202022 should be interesting for die hard note users then,maybe something big 💡And it will be the fragile Folds and Flips.
Liara Citadel, 16 Nov 2020Well that's what I have been saying for weeks. I know I'm right and now you confirm ... moreExpected when a once power user phone got watered down over the years in the name of fashion over functionality.
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2020Pretty much proves late Steve Job's famous quote on the launch of Original iPhone in 2007... moreAnd ironically, current iPads have stylus support.
Besides, the possible end of the Note line doesn't mean the end of the stylus, especially when rumors point at a Galaxy 21 Ultra with stylus support.
Thank you, thanks a lot 🙏
Adrenalin101, 16 Nov 2020What they need to do es lower the prices.
I was going to get a note 20 ultra but was not go... moreWell Samsung tries to copy Apple. Selling overpriced devices which cost less than half to make(well I don't know how much R&D for the hardware and software costs). Well in Apple's case, they sell a lot even though they are overly expensive! Well it seems for Samsung it backfired.
* In my country the Note 20 Ultra is currently priced at around 1350 Euro for the 256GB and 1450 Euro for the 512GB. When it was new, it was obviously more expensive.
In USD: about 1600/1720
In CAD: about 2100/2250
Tech and internet here are overpriced! For 45 euro you get 20Mbps + a phone line. We started at 1Mbps, then upgraded it to 2Mbps, the we gradually had free speed upgrades from 2 to 4, then 8, then 10 and now 20. The upload speed was up to recently 0.7 but with the last free upgrade we got 2Mbps up and also cause of the pandemic we got an extra bonus to 5Mbps up.
In other European countries with this price you get fiber internet. In France someone told me that for around 50 Euro the have gigabit internet.
What they need to do es lower the prices.
I was going to get a note 20 ultra but was not going to pay the CAD$1800+tax that they were asking for. I ended up getting an S20 FE for free from my carrier and I'm happy. I had the note 3, note 4, note 7 (that I had to return because of the whole exploding thing) a note 8, and a note 9 that broke and led me to the S20fe. Samsung lower your prices, there's a reason that the s20 series sold like sh!t.
Well that's what I have been saying for weeks. I know I'm right and now you confirm it.
Let me say this again for the 10th time - there won't be a Note phone ever again. It's over.