When they fix their god damn battery life and the heat issues in their phones then we might go back purchasing their phones.
optimus-, 07 Mar 2013iphones are made in china.i really dont care about where iphone is made. im an android user.
lg and samsung with cyanogen os
There are some known factors directly hindered HTC smartphone markets at the moment.
1.Price is always on the higher side (majority peoples couldn't afford).
2.Missing basic hardware facilities for consumers (eg : -removable battery, SD Card slot or even gorilla glass screen protection etc.).
3.Restricted choice of affordable HTC smartphone for public.
Whatever people say whatever things I personally like HTC over Samsung, Samsung have little bit more features though. HTC better than Samsung every aspect, except features. Because they have superior design and build quality. Overall HTC is better than Samsung. Let's discuss why HTC is underperformed.
1. They mainly emphasis on hardware rather than battery life.
2. There is no identical common product line for HTC, for an example Apple-Iphone, Samsung-Galaxy or Sony-Xperia. I hope they will continue their future products as "One"
3. Too much production and there are no distinguish between their products. HTC manufacturing 12 phones per year that means one per month and who can remember those, similarly there are no specific difference between those e.g. One x, One x+, One XL, Desire X, Desire V. They need better product strategy.
4. Poor advertising and promotion. The New HTC One promotional video also not very attractive though. They don't strive to improve their brand image through advertising similarly their advertising not towards common goal.
However they are all now past. But one thing is quite sure, HTC is very innovative brand and they have competences to become a superior position if they didn't repeat the same mistakes. We all have mistakes but the important thing is learn through mistakes. They have won best new mobile phone award 2013 at WMC 2013 Many congratulation and wonderful start.
Good luck HTC
Actually it is not bad marketing, they just don't get it...
Reasons why I'm not getting a HTC phone
-Small battery capacity (which they can make it bigger with maybe 0.5mm thicker)
-No Battery percentage on notification bar (Samsung and Sony have it)
When they say users prefer thinness more than battery life, they are heading the wrong direction... sigh...
More Battery Life please!!!
Its declining because they don't give us latest android updates..this the only reason.RIP Htc
HTC = Quietly innovator, good designer, thinking out of the of the box but poor marketer and distributor.
Samsung = Bad designer, copier but excellent marketer and distributor.
Sony = Stylish designer but less innovative.
Apple = Unique competitor, excellent designer and earlier great innovator but now repeater.
LG = Just ignorant
Is it any wonder, when those of us who bought their 2011 flagship are stuck with Sense 3.6 on ICS while the Galaxy S2 is kept up to date? Never again, HTC.
small fault can smock all big advantage..
HTC is best sample of it..
every thing is best among the other like screen,sound,build quality,ui & ...
but 3 number of most fault:
3)battary(with no removable)but in one buttery seems to be enough but it could more when people cant distinct btw li-ion & li-po that use in iphone 5 and take high score..
android need to htc for all service and innovation..
love u htc but plz change your marketing..
This is to be expected, with only 2 android & 1 Windows 8 phone available on the entire South African market. Where Samsung & Sony have at least 5 to 6 phones on offer.
Parag bagade, 07 Mar 20131)Htc one sud have launched with the sxz it wud hav made some money then but now all d money w... morepoint 5. Because they addressed the issue with Butterfly tiny battery, that why HTC One have bigger battery capacity. That's call progress, understood? You the one who need to grow up.
But still, I'm thinking 2,300 mAh insufficient.
Also your point about Camera is true.
HTC shouldn't make us to follow evolutionary (read: slow) camera new tech progress.
Should go straight with 8MP ultrapixel!!
IT is flagship phone afterall. Are they losing their mind to put 4MP??
5) i am ok with the non removable back cover (to get the unibody)cause u get lots of battery banks which can charge the phone as well as work as extra battery and can fit it on the phone as well so non removable battery is not a issue here....but htc if u can still give that feature without compromising the build quality like samsung ,lg,nokia etc it will always be a welcome ...
HTC always makes quality products, unlike far east products. The products are feature rich, future ready and user friendly. In my opinion its faaar better than Apple. But the price seems to be bit expensive. The other dis advantage is non-availability of accessories for most of their products (like flip cases). 5 Inch HD Screen, min 300psi, min 1GB ram, min 1GH processor All UNDER 20 K INR, will surely set right the issue.
HTC products are good.
I dont know for other parts of the world, but in India they over price their products.
Look how they have prices HTC One X + or HTC Butterfly, way way ahead of Galaxy S III.
Even though many like the quality of their phones, not many(mostly all) will not pay such premium.
Guess,Samsung partly killed them with their cost efficiency.
Anonymous, 07 Mar 2013korean? htc is from taiwan where iphone madeiphones are made in china.
JWB, 06 Mar 2013It is amazing in my opinion how best phones are ridiculously bad marketed. HTC's marketing is ... moreDude, what's wrong with the CEO. After Steve Jobs, Peter Chou is the one who is known in this industry. Do you know who is Samsung's CEO ? Average customer doesn't look for sd card and battery removal
1)Htc one sud have launched with the sxz it wud hav made some money then but now all d money will be transfered to samsungs bank account for sgs4 and htc one will fail
2) ....i think htc needs 2 read all the comments in this forum to make changes .they sud make sd card slot to give CHEAP memory expansion .look at galaxy series s2 ,s3,note 1, note 2 by doing that they can reduce the price of the device a little
3) and i know that mp does not make a huge difference But if they wud have made a 8 mp ultrapixal cam (it wud have also justified the price of htc one ) for better day light photos i wud have considered the htc one .....
4).and i really dont understand one thing how can u give a bigger mah battery on htc one which is 4.7 inch and a lesser mah on the butterfly which is 5 inch ....com on htc GROW UP....and think logical....and stop fooling people only with design people r not Dumb any more thatswhy ur sales r going down ......u REALLY REALLY NEEED to GRRROOOWW UPPP.
Anonymous, 07 Mar 2013great news for me.
that means my htc phone is becoming more and more unique. because only ... moreone of htc fans is speaking ridiculous words now
sadly your phone is getting existence and sooner you will buy your hatred phones from other brands. just reminiscing past when you fought other telling how htc rule the world.
"a song for dying"