john, 08 Apr 2013HTC is not a manufacturer. they just buy parts and put it together. A highscool student can do... moreSamsung, LG & Sony are technological centrid companies. They build almost everything from display,RAM ,CPU, camera sensor, battery...etc
Apple, HTC and Beats Electronics are "stlye" companies. They OEM & ODM the devices to third party design house & manufacturer but charge users many times in term of price.
Yeah i like it. Htc seems to want her doom. it produces non customizable phones (difficult to change battery, difficult to add memory since no sd port etc) and android means customizable
This is why people prefer Samsung phones. as long as HTC is not listening to customers it will fall more and more down. I bet next year HTC will be even lower on sales and profits, because continue it's stupid strategy
Why wasting so much time & effort to convience people to use ultra 4MP camera if you can just put the 13MP in the phone?
HTC has wrong strategy! Focusing on wrong selling feature! Too much customization on the UI, the SENSE UI is boring.
Beats audio is another brand liability to HTC!
In order for HTC to survive, the following action plans might be help:
1) to replace ultra 4MP with 13 or 15MP camera
2) to use a bigger battery like 3000 mAh.
3) to abadon the heavily UI customization such as HTC sense but use stock Android OS similar like in Google Nexus.
4) to rename the HTC to something cool! HTC stands for High Tech Computer does not reflect the product HTC builds.
5) to rebrand by getting the cool naming convention like Samsung "Galaxy", Apple "iPhone", LG "Optimus", Sony "Xperia"
6) release a flagship product world wide rather than selected country.
7) to have something like "Apple Store" or "Galaxy Store" in all major cities around the world for users to hand on the devices.
8) to dis-associate from Beats which is the brand liability to HTC
9) to use carl-zeiss lens in the camera to enhance the still photo & video quality
10)to use high quality dac chip like WOLFSON to enhance user listening experience.
HTC is not a manufacturer. they just buy parts and put it together. A highscool student can do the exact same task. THen HTC charges 3 times to price for putting a phone together to you. What does Samsung do. THey make everything in the phone including the processor, RAM, memory, battery and screen. They are an incredible manufacturing company
Shafin BD, 08 Apr 2013You don't know anything about the technology HTC is using behind the 4MP camera, it is Ultrapi... moreultra pixel.... Good in theory but the reality isn't that great (see the reviews)
The 4mpix ultrapixel of htc one will save htc, thats what we htc fans believes.
Duel, 08 Apr 2013HTC just doesnt have enough brand credibility, they can do best phone ever and still fail.
... moreI think their main problem is that they never had a steady line of good products. For example, I never know if their next phone will have a good battery life.
With Samsung, you know the design is gonna suck and the build and material quality will be only ok, but that's not what people bet on. A Samsung phone is very likely to have decent internals and very long battery life.
HTC is a mixed, risky bag and I for one rather go with a safer bet.
Wolfson, 08 Apr 2013So untrue it just gives a better low light 4MP image,,it does it not very well tho.Frankly speaking, HTC One just failed to perform on still photo. It excel in low light photo, and video(both low light and normal light).
Depend on your priority and usage, personally, I find trading the still photo perform to the remaining 3 is actually quite a worth trade.
htc = we don't actually know what we're doing
Samsung = we know exactly what we're doing
HTC just doesnt have enough brand credibility, they can do best phone ever and still fail.
For example everyone knows samsung, it feels safe, samsung is everywhere, not just in phones, so its much easier to pick samsung phone than HTC.
Shafin BD, 08 Apr 2013You don't know anything about the technology HTC is using behind the 4MP camera, it is Ultrapi... more4MP is 4MP = Ultra, super, duper doesn't change anything
Look Comparison. Resolution is very poor!
Htc is slow on updating android but they are fast when it comes on releasing a sequel phone. 4months max! Thats why i luuuuv htc
Tito, 08 Apr 2013Samsuns galaxy S4 has bigger battery and thinner than HTC one.
Then it's not an excuse!
it's... moreI disagree with some of your points. BTW, I have the "old" HTC One X, and I'm really happy with it.
- UI doesn't suck, I actually like it.
- Got Jelly Bean a while ago...
- IMO, HTC One has a good battery!! Most important, it lasts the same or longer while performing actual tasks (how many people leave it "idle" to see how long it lasts?)
- I personally don't need a SD slot; 32 GB is enough, 64 is great... Besides, what if the SD card gets damaged? You lose your info as well.
- Removable battery? Really? I prefer to carry a Universal battery pack in case I really need it, and it will work with any cellphone, tablet, my friends cellphones.... And my next cellphone, no matter what I choose!!
Looking forward to put my hands on ONE. I really hope HTC gets a better second quarter, because again in my opinion, they do deserve it.
geordie81, 08 Apr 2013it is no surprise here really, if they had got the htc to market on schedule it may have looke... moreITS true GB'S and megapixels used to be the preserve of the geek now the normob sort of understands these tech terms...People walking into shops and seeing 4MP will think rubbish, my phone in 2007 had 5MP.
Shafin BD, 08 Apr 2013You don't know anything about the technology HTC is using behind the 4MP camera, it is Ultrapi... moreSo untrue it just gives a better low light 4MP image,,it does it not very well tho.
Sam, 08 Apr 2013HTC should change their name. A sub standard name.....lol, in my country HTC is like unknown name
If people see phone with htc brand, most of them said "is that chinese phone?"
Seriously, htc name look like chinese cheap phone brand in my country
In my country, only die hard htc fans who understand this brand