To the uninformed that think this low res screen is all that..
There are other higher res screens on the market..Blackberry Bold, HTC Diamond Touch, Apple iPhone with even higher res ones comeing in a month or so...HTC Touch HD, Sony X1... Some of the phones named are touch, some are not..but all are way better for web browsing watching reading, etc. any screen that is ~200x300 is garbage, especially in this size.
who was the hitech designer!!!
like the others say..
NO wifi????? helllo samsung..we are in 2008
NO 3.5jack (really..have 5.1????)
i think now..its necessary both things...
Hey, check out the cost ==> seems lower than Innov8?
I think the lower cost justifies it not having Wi-Fi ...
and reg. 3.5 mm jack, it will have it I think .. specially considering that, it has 5.1 Channel Audio!
wtf? no wifi even nor 3.5mm jack??? that lg fone has wifi and 3.5mm. man that was stupid of samsung. y do they not hv these features? major mistake
Dont see why are all compaining..
its a PHONE! A PHONE!
not a Camera not a MP3 Player not a PC
its a PHONE!
actually nokia has been the one to receive almost every EISA award since EISA started at 2004
this is the only year that nokia didnt receive any awards....
Anonymous, 27 Sep 2008"Anonymous
since the success of N95,
SAMSUNG start taking the feature from N95
before N95 they don't ever use a 3.5mm jack or micro/mini usb
F400 , i450 using single slide?
are you brainless or i blind?
Samsung M8800 Pixon compare with LG KC910 Renoir(only hands-on review) :
- Pixon screen are 3.2" 16 million colour and Renoir 3" 262K colour. Resolution are the Same. Pixon more sharp and sun legible.
- Pixon has more solid build and elegance(depending my taste)
- Pixon User Interface absolutely better and faster than Renoir. Samsung has improved the quality of TouchWIZ UI with several new widget and animation. Renoir UI pretty much the same with old Viewty. Doesn't change to much.
- Pixon 8 megapixel camera is very pleasad, good quality, faster response and easy to use. Maybe little better than INNOV8. Renoir 8 megapixel camera take more slower also not easy operate as Samsung have. While Pixon only have LED Flash but doing a great job in every condition. Maybe only little behind Xenon Flash.
- Also video recording Pixon have WVGA(720x480 pixel) at 30fps and Renoir only VGA(640x480 pixel) at 30fps
- The sound of Renoir more loud and powerful than Pixon through speakerphone. The quality also very good. I haven't tested with headset.
- Both have GPS feature, but Pixon only for geotagging.
- Pixon also lack WiFi, only HSDPA while Renoir have HSDPA and WiFi connectivity.
- Pixon internal memory only 120MB while Renoir have 8GB on board. Both have MicroSD slots.
Vaan, 27 Sep 2008Tell me do you always have wifi around you? Do you even have wireless internet?, if not then w... moreIn response to the question about WiFi.
It's a question of geography and economy. In most urban area's, in my house and most meeting places it's common to find at least one open node WiFi connection. Although, as you point out, when travelling by car or outside the city a Wifi spot is unlikely. WiFi benefits mobile phone users for a nmber of reasons. Often the 3G package that you pay for with your monthly billing is based on data consumption rather tan unlimited. By using WiFi you can reduce your precious 3G consumption. Albeit maybe a little slower.
Secondly, with the appropriate software application some phones will place calls using Voice Over IP. Services like Skype or Net2Phone. Therefore a long distance call from a New York airport to Australia is significantly less over a WiFi connection than paying a roaming plus long distance charge.
That is only a few reasons why phones with WiFi are extremely usesful in todays multi-level connectivity.
Personally, my fav is the new Nokia N85 or N79.