To all the MIDDLE EAST and NORTH AFRICA Acro S users,
Please type your SI number and post it here. I'm suspecting that Sony has forgotten about you. If we are all having the same SI number, it means something is wrong and we can tell Sony about it.
I happen to be holding a 1266 4265 3189.
The first eight digits can be located underneath the removable lower backplate, or the side the packaging/box your Acro S. The last four digits, dial *#*#7378423#*#* -> Service Info, look under CUSTOMIZATION.
The last four digits is important. That is location of where it was supposed to be sold.
Let's try to help each other out.
Kareem Galal, 01 Jun 2013Any one in Egypt get the update ??No kareem but i upgraded my Xperia SL manually to JB
Jelly Bean update is done and it feels like a new experience.Here are my observations after the update:
1. Smooth performance. It is buttery smooth performance. Just a tinsy winsy lag on the homescreen (I don't know if it's because of too many widgets).
2. Notification bar. Altered and way better than the ones in ICS. JUST NOT SURE IF YOU CAN ADD ADDITIONAL QUICK TOGGLES OF SETTINGS. Plus when you take the screenshot, it appears bigger compared to ICS.
3. The SONY Media apps of course. All new and very nice media aps. JUST HAVE TO POINT OUT THAT IN WALKMAN, IT'S A FAIL WHEN YOU DO THE DLOADING OF MUSIC INFO AS IT TENDS TO GIVE YOU INCORRECT ARTISTS.
4. Camera interface. All new layout as well. THOUGH WHAT I MISS IS YOUR OPTION WHETHER TO USE VIRTUAL SHUTTER KEY, SHUTTER KEY OR FOCUS-SHOT as after the update the virtual shutter key both video and camera are already there.
5. SMALL APPS! Yahoo! Finally they're all here!
6.Updated Contacts, Messaging menu. All in eye-candy white tone.
7. Of course, the THEMES. As well as the unlock themes.
8. The Homescreen, just like the one in Xperia Z.
9. JB DRAINS THE BATTERY REALLY FAST compared when it's still on ICS.
10. No STAMINA Mode menu. I was expecting the menu like the ones from Xperia Z as per the news that it will be made available in the JB update but in JB, you will only get the STAMINA MODE when you go to SETTINGS, POWER MANAGEMENT and tick EXTENDED STANDBY MODE. That's it. The POWER SAVER is also gone too.
So far these are my observations. I'll still play with my phone today to see what are the other changes that were made after the update. But then again, it's a whole new experience.
- Xperia acro S user.
xperia ph, 01 Jun 2013I've been checking my phone,pc companion and SUS since yesterday but still no jb. I'm from man... moreI've already updated mine. From Ph here. Not sure of my SI number but I'm an acro S user. Updated through SUS.
Fox, 01 Jun 2013I Did.. Very stable and smooth with excellent UI , im from Egypt btwin egypt ?!!
there is no update yey in middle east and africa
i have acro s .. latest is still 4.0.4 no JB :(
i try to update my acro s with SUS but it says to me "your phone already has the latest available system updates" Help plz :(
is there anyone out there updating jelly bean in iran?
there is no update available in iran until this moment
AnonD-78209, 01 Jun 2013Bro just try this 1. Turn off ur SL 2. Run SUS, when it says to connect device holding vo... moreno update on SUS either :( it says your device already has the latest software :s
i dont know y the update is not comming in pakistan ..
shame on u sony for being such late , samsung is far better than u and will b ..
u have released the update after making us sick , the cHARM of updating is now almost ended .
provide the updates rite on time
FInaly, 31 May 2013SL available in Serbia :)))What is your SI number?
Question to one that already have the update:
Does ''the instruction'' for unlocking the screen disappears after some time? Mine does.
I've been checking my phone,pc companion and SUS since yesterday but still no jb. I'm from manila philippines. Anybody there who finished updating their phone from manila out there? My SI is 1257-5175
So after the update, the Power Saver app is gone and no STAMINA Mode??? :(((