Marty H, 27 Jun 2013Android isn't buggy. Sales show it's the best. Sales and best has no relationship. Windows has 90% of OS sales for desktop and laptop. 90% of all OS is a extremely high percentage. Does it mean it is the BEST?
MobilePowerUser, 27 Jun 2013The worst thing about Android is actually how buggy it is compares to WP8 and iOS.Android isn't buggy.
Sales show it's the best.
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2013True. Windows don't lag but it needs a major update soon that must include all the major featu... more1. Lack of apps and games. - Its a new OS, so things will come with time
2. Apps are a little bit costly. - As the developers start to get profit they will decrease prices, you can already see that with Miniclip games going free and MS red stripe deals
3. We can't set wallpapers and make the tiles transparent like in Sailfish OS. - No use of the wallpapers as the tiles will cover it all up, you can still use wallpapers on your lock screen. A good option will be to be able to change the backgroud of homescreen to more colors rather than just black and white. Transparency will take away the minimalastic approach of WP and it will induce to much processing power for something very useless.
4. We can't save music or video files. - Use app called as getthemall
5. We can't install apps from other sources. - It raises piracy, privacy and security concern, so actually its a plus point that the users and his data is safe.
6. No system wide file manager. - No need if you know how to things on WP. Using it since past 4 months, didn't miss the file manager at all.
7. Less video codecs support. VLC's introduction will solve that.
8. Too much restricted OS and only supports less capable hardwares. - More open that iOS and supports more hardware than iOS. Beside with introduction of WP8.1 things will change. MS took slow and steady approach with WP8 as releasing to multiple hardwares might have created multiple issues which would have been difficult to start with, first you learn to crawl, then walk, then run. But its good that the hardware is limited as its easy for developers to develop apps targetted at particular hardware and not get confused barrage of options.
9. No support for USB OTG so we can't attach an Xbox controller to play games. - That actually should have been implemented, which I would have also liked, but MOGA PRO supports WP and I guess it will do the trick. Can't say anything about USB OTG cause to me its useless.
10. Very less customization options. - For me phones are supposed to be about doing my work, let that be editing a document or watching a movie. Customizations for me don't hold importance, I want a phone that pick up, do my work and keep it aside, I don't like to waste time in something as meaningless as customizations. But thats just me.
stfu, 26 Jun 2013You wrote: "Are you joking? Lumia 920 blows the ATIV S away. It has wireless charging, Pu... morelumia may have the bragging rights
but the samsung device has the camera from GS3 and Note-2 which are excellent
plus it has two things the nokia device does not have
1. removable battery
2. expandable memory
But yes i really feel Microsoft is treating other makers like step children
Anonymous, 27 Jun 2013Project butter is a lie. I have used Nexus 4 for two weeks, it still lags and stutters at time... moreThe worst thing about Android is actually how buggy it is compares to WP8 and iOS.
Project butter is a lie. I have used Nexus 4 for two weeks, it still lags and stutters at times. Scrolling is no where as smooth on WP8 and iOS.
You obviously haven't used WP8 when we say it's fluid and buttery smooth. I do own Google Nexus 7 and also tried Sony Xperia Z and they both lag.
Lag in Android is a lie.
Heard of jelly bean?
It's project butter smooth.
Animation is forced GPU locked at 60Hz.
LAG IS A LIE! in android
HTC and Samsung are only making these phones to prove there is no market for them.
whats wrong with samsung? Y make windows phone that cant compete with lumia flagship?
Let me repeat Samsung rules Android While Nokia Rules Windows 8 Phones hey compare these new handsets to Lumia925 820 even midrange 620 and 720 even GSM Arena loves the 720
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2013Are you joking? Lumia 920 blows the ATIV S away. It has wireless charging, PureMotion+HD, Here... moreYou wrote: "Are you joking? Lumia 920 blows the ATIV S away. It has wireless charging, PureMotion+HD, Here, City Lens, Nokia Music, PureView camera (proven to be the best) plus it's way more better looking."
Now, going backwards. Looks is a personal decision. I've had 920 in my hands and bought Ativ S as it is more appealing to me. I do not need the best camera in my phone, the one in Ativ S does the job pretty well and I have a dedicated pocket camera with 20x zoom and lens stabilisation. I do not need online music shop (but there is one in my phone).I have Here Maps on my Ativ S and Here Drive, and City lens would not work in where I live anyway. I have no real use for wireless charging, especially if I would have to either buy charger separately for work / home, or carry one with me... Not to mention, that I can have a spare battery with me and easily expand available space in my phone with SD card, and I find it sleeker and lighter than Lumia 920. For me, it looks less 'trendy' and more 'classy'. Oh, forgot about the screen. Really - in most cases it only matters if you compare them next to one another to find out who has 'better' phone. I've recently held my Ativ S next to Xperia Z and found my screen more vivid and sharp. But I recall looking at Xperia Z before and being impressed with screen quality... so in reality, it's all a matter of personal preferences and priorities. To each their own.
See... Ativ S is better. _For__me_ ;)
go back to your lagdroid htc and samsung, you can't defeat nokia in making windows phone 8.
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2013Are you joking? Lumia 920 blows the ATIV S away. It has wireless charging, PureMotion+HD, Here... moreIts so funny that whenever there is an article about another OEM windows phone there's always someone at the first post going off about nokia, nokia is good been using for a nubmer of yrs I started out with 5110>3210>8210>5510>3410>3530>6620>6230 never once they fail, but if Samsung and HTC were doing as good with there windows phone specs as they do with android nokia would be buried, I'm still waiting on the TMO-925 wanted the AtivS no US release didnt like the HTC 8X think they should give 32gig.
Andrei, 26 Jun 2013Funny because samsung's WP flagship(ativ S) is better than the 920...too bad samsung doesn't m... moreAre you joking? Lumia 920 blows the ATIV S away. It has wireless charging, PureMotion+HD, Here, City Lens, Nokia Music, PureView camera (proven to be the best) plus it's way more better looking.
You forgot one most important thing.WP8 supports only pseudo-multitasking.You can keep only 5 apps open at a given point of time.And you must switch the screen on in order to sync online accounts/whatsapp
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2013True. Windows don't lag but it needs a major update soon that must include all the major featu... morei don't think such features will be available at least until WP9.
MS is taking Apple-approach in dealing with many problem that plagued iOS and android, that it takes many functionality in the process just like what you've been mentioning.
Considering the performance of WP8 on low/mid-range specs, MS has done a good job.
I dont know why samsung release this obsolete windowsphone. WP8 is horrible, tiles for kids, no application, no games, horrible gui, etc. Better buy an android.