The only thing separates indian company from samsung nokia lg sony are the lack premium quality,after sale services,established name in market,
Indian companies cant achieve this is one or two years.so what they are doing is to cover the homeground first by releasing cheap phones with reduce quality
venuontop, 09 Nov 2013This is because companies like micromax and xolo uses cheap mediatek processors and OEM's use ... moreMediatek is not bad at all.... You won't find any Mediatek quadcore phone that lags in performance. More over they use ARM processor and PowerVR graphics. Renowned brand's phones are clearly overpriced. These less popular brands will offer you more at less price. Is this good thing or not ?? We need competition right ?? Starting from next year Intel is going to make ARM processors. So it will be good for us.
Go for Lava Iris 504Q.... Best display ever by an Indian brand !! Specifications are good if not better !!
Aamir-ksa, 09 Nov 2013Friends Xolo & xiaomi phones selling so cheap price !!! Why Nokia Sony Moto not selling in... moreThis is because companies like micromax and xolo uses cheap mediatek processors and OEM's use powerful Qualcomm processors and adreno GPU's thats where the price difference comes..
I think this will be the best combo of all the hardware available today. (I own a Q700)
1. All these 13mpix cameras in different Brands (Canvas4, Turbo, Lenovo,etc) use the same camera sensor and since all of them are on vanilla jelly bean, the companies would not have spent money on their own camera tuning software, Just UI tweaks; hence same output.
2. The Mediatek processor is an absolute gem, performace+battery; but i still feel pushing it to handle a 1080p screen will hurt high graphic requirement game titles even though every the MT6589 can handle all the rest of the functions like a feather;But a 720p HD Screen would be a great pic if the display is bigger than 4.7inchs. In the s2000 : 720p screen + 5.2" dispaly + 2600mah battery + 13mpix camera.
3. I guess it would be too much to ask for a hardened glass on top for the price range and there are no hardened (Corning Gorilla, Dragon Trail) available for that price except for in the Q1000 and Canvas 4.
4. Since XOlO only sells android smart phones and not the entry level phones which portray a negative & cheap image for a company (Micromax, Carbon ~1000 Rs crap phones), I feel it is a better brand to go with.
5. At present i feel no other established brand (Samsung, Sony, Lg) can give a bang for ur buck in term of features or performance like the Mediatek Quad's. Sony at least answered back with the xperia C, but priced it too high as usual. The rest of them (Quattro, HTC 600) are stuck with the 40NM power hungry, Jurassic A5 Qualcomm Quad core processor with an adreno 203 Graphics. Even 2~3 year old Single core (Xperia Play, neo v, ray,etc ) phones had an adreno 205 - which was pathetic in its own way. I don't understand the need to degrade below that. So i guess it would be wise to buy one of the Mediatek phones or wait till the Qualcomm's proper krait quad's with the adreno 305 hits the market.
swain, 09 Nov 2013Value for money product. For people who are complaining about the specs, you can't get Snapdra... morewell at couple thousand Rs more u can get a better deal with micro max canvas 4 with better specs storage etc etc
Friends Xolo & xiaomi phones selling so cheap price !!! Why Nokia Sony Moto not selling in cheap. Price !!!
XOLO - Service center problem, buy
KARBONN TITANIAM S9
Same specification plus 16 GB inbuilt memory + 32 card. support