Anonymous, 01 Jan 2014Microsoft is thinking about dropping WP8 licensing fees so that more OEMs willing to make phon... moreIf you compare WP vs iOS both are closed OS, why iOS had more than 30℅ market share?
To be frank, nobody would buy WP phone unless you're WP fanboys or Lumia fanboys.
AnonD-59657, 01 Jan 2014In order for Microsoft to gain popularity and to convince iOS and Android users to switch to W... moreThen, why buy windows phone? Just stick with your android or ios.
Remember, every OS got it's own strength. If all of them are same, then why do people need to bother argue over anything.
Microsoft is thinking about dropping WP8 licensing fees so that more OEMs willing to make phones with WP8. Windows Phone 8 really only has one OEM (Nokia) making phones for it verses hundreds of OEMs on Android. When you flood the market with Android devices everywhere verses couple devices on WP8, which do you think has more marketshare?
AnonD-59657, 01 Jan 2014Is all you said is true, then why Windows phone has less than 5% in total OS?WP8 has high licensing fee while Android is free to very cheap for OEMs to make phones. It's simple, Google made Android to sell your information to advertisers. They get money back from ads.
Great to read a rumor like this! I was sure Sony was going to do this earlier, but better late then never.
There won't be any confusion with the Vaio line, as the old alphabetical nomenclature is dead. Now its Pro, Fit, Flip. I would seriously doubt Sony will make more than 3 model a year.
It will be great if Sony IS able to bring their own brand of music service, Walkman audio. All the better if MS blows it with control over Nokia's build.
Kewl, give me a stylus based phone like the note 3 but smaller together with the eye candy styling Sony is known for.
AnonD-59657, 01 Jan 2014In order for Microsoft to gain popularity and to convince iOS and Android users to switch to W... more1) Windows Market is strong enough. This gets Xbox, WP and PC Market all-in-one.
2) There are a lots of apps around, the basics ones are here, no need of crappy apps like wallpapers and malware.
3) Sorry we WP Users are happy of metro UI XD no need of copycats, our tiles are original and unique design, make us different from other OS.
4) No need to jailbreak or root WP phones, there will be but there is no real hurry, people dont like that much on WP, even on iOS the Jailbreak has become almost useless.
5) The integration with Xbox, PC and WP will be complete near. Windows OS will be universal for all.
6) I don't get it, why Android users believe everything most be for free...even is this cost a lots of problems behind.
7) Free Office...well I have free office on my Lumia 920 and Antivirus? Sorry we WP Users dont know a thing about virus on Windows Phone. In fact zero trojans, backdoors, hijacks that Android users suffer....no thanks. Also we dont have free apps disguised of ADs that stole our beloved info to some online services..
AnonD-59657, 01 Jan 2014In order for Microsoft to gain popularity and to convince iOS and Android users to switch to W... moreIt shows you haven't used a Windows Phone and knows nothing about. WP8 comes with free Office. There is no need for antivirus on WP8, that's why there isn't an antivirus app on WP8. Tile is great for touch devices. Old people can use WP with big tile easily. Static icons on iOS are so out of date.
In order for Microsoft to gain popularity and to convince iOS and Android users to switch to Windows, they must:
1) To improve their ECO system to offer something like Apple's Apps Store, iTunes, ...rich in contents
2) To have all 3rd party apps that already available in iOS and Android
3) To change its Metro UI to somethings closer to iOS/Android
4) To allow somethings like jail break in iOS or root in Android
5) To allow windows phone and tablet air mirroring using XBox. Of course to make XBox at cheaper price like $199
6) Allow windows devices to access to XBox Live for free
7) Free Microsoft Office and antivirus for all windows phone and tablet
Hope they give us some nice new options as the Lumias are pretty boring...
Raajputro, 01 Jan 2014Good. as sony doesnt like to update its software, Windows OS will fit them.man, get out of a cave...huh...
Good. as sony doesnt like to update its software, Windows OS will fit them.
Vaio Z with looks and feel matching current xperia high ends, i would definately give it a go.