I'm excited for M8's/One+'s announcement!:) I currently have One max, and I hope they'll make a bigger One+ this coming Oct. I'll get one if they'll make this happen! :)
no super hyper duper mega ultra high screen resolution?? this device sucks
r, 05 Jan 2014i think htc need 13mp or more mp camera and 3 gb ram and 2k resolution also. it actually dont ... moreNah, I think that 8MP is good if it keeps that Ultra Pixel. FHD and 2GB RAM is already good. If the interchangeable lens is true, then it might finally beat Samsung GS5. I think that the Moto X has proven that features beat specs.
AnonD-151727, 05 Jan 2014s8o5 is coming after this summer..this will be still s8oo clocked 2.5ghz the cpu is allready outNo, S805 will be available before summer. It's Qualcomm's next-generation SoC (based on ARMv8) that will be out after summer. There is some confusion here, but S805 is not next-gen.
Anonymous, 05 Jan 2014Someone at HTC must be an avid console gamer. The name is a combination of Xbox One and PS+.HTC used the name "One" for HTC One before it was even used by Microsoft for the Xbox.
Includes SD card support? Woweee!
What about IR and FM radio? Any news on that?
AnonD-151727, 05 Jan 2014not even close to same tech...You right. Ultrapixel no tech at all, just biger pixel. nokia and sony get the same and better effect from oversampling.
i think htc need 13mp or more mp camera and 3 gb ram and 2k resolution also. it actually dont need 3gb and 2k as sense is really optimised but people will think why we buy 1+ when other flagship has better specs(and many dont know how good htc's phone is). only iphone dont need gimmicks to sell but other oem must be able to have what competitors are making. also htc m8 sounds better than 1+. sorry for bad english.
s8o5 is coming after this summer..this will be still s8oo clocked 2.5ghz the cpu is allready out
bad move, consumers need new name, i'd been using htc one x for 2 years but since their current flagship right now is htc one, i opted to buy an xperia z1 instead, the only time i will go back to htc is if they change the name of their flagship
I own HTC One and would like to see some enhancements in M8, rumored to be coming.
1. Battery either 3200 or removable (but that will not come looking to its policy) yet battery is critical for me.
2. Retain or further enhance audio quality and front speakers, they are great.
3. Enhance camera to at least 8 mp ultra pixel ois or a 20 mp like in Sony. Current camera is not capable enough.
4. I don't see any benefit in increasing screen size, a bigger phone is good for media, but not easy in day to day work. Resolutions may be doubled.
5. Lesser Weight, it's where Samsung and Apple are great. Apple gives 112 gram phone with high delicacy and Samsung phones do not need any cases as you can replace removable covers.
6. Change in power button place.
7. SD card will be nice but not critical
8. It's second microphone location should be changed. It sometimes blocks our voice when held with shoulders and ears.
I dont think htc should opt for sd800 for the 2014 flagship. Sd805 will be the one to go. I dont think htc will change the design n build from ONE. And it would be disaster for htc if they still go with 4mp ultra cra.p thing. Add n sd slot for god sake! And try to make the handset lil bit compact.
8MP Ultra Pixel? Hmm... I guess appearance and built wise, it will not be much different from HTC One.