Let us start "Money Refund Campaign against Microsoft Cheating" - Lumia 640xl is not usable for corporate work after Windows 10 - Memry Full. System Software, essential Microft Apps took more than 7Gb out of 8Gb memory. Phone crashing. Microsoft cheated Lumia phone user by forcing to Windows 10 upgradation. Now their service centers agree it was a flop show & asking to go back to Windows 8.1. What a cheating by Microsoft. I want my money back - so request Lumia users to start this campaign.
Hello I have buy Lumia 640 xl
On the faith that phone will have all apps but now I feel like cheated there is no call recorder and lots of apps facility sorry Microsoft u cheated ur costumer and make the fun of our feelings
Dears you all have done a great mistake that you showwd your confidence in windows and nokia and both of these guya have screwed you from back.
i have bought lumia 640 but no call recorder but i downloaded call recorder app. but it is not activating because of the phone number error. i dont know how to give phone number
There is no automatic/manual call recorder in microsoft nokia 530 8.1. and there is no app in its store to download and install. what are in store that work with wp7 version only. tell me what to do because now i feel cheated. i contact to nokia center over phone but there is no solution in this regard. Tell me what to do
i have purchase microsoft nokia lumia 530 phone from flipkart. but there is no call recorder app in this stotres i feel cheated.
AnonD-246730, 22 Mar 2014I don't expect the update to make me scream in awe. The OS and its ecosystem have so many shor... moreAgree. I stopped using windows phone because of the pinyin / traditional chinese problem.
I don't expect the update to make me scream in awe. The OS and its ecosystem have so many shortcomings.
- They are coming up with Cortana but lack of proper traditional input with pinyin (basically you can't type chinese if you use Pinyin as a major input method). They have million users who can't use other methods to input Chinese but they don't care much. The function was asked in 2011.
- Skype can't share videos and photos (not to mention notifications on Skype work when they want)
- Office is unable to use SD or open files protected with passwords
- Most maps (including Here, Bing and the "fake" copies of GMaps) are terrible. You search for a restaurant in Taiwan or China and where Gmaps comes up with thousands of addresses, WP maps come up with two results. apart from that resolution is terrible on my nokia 1520.
- You have 3 rows of tiles but can't stretch tiles for 3 spaces. Hilarious. Lack of customized colors, lack of freedom in resizing tiles, lack of customization (yes i downloaded all tile customizing tools and the whole thing still looks boring and sad)
- All browsers (Tried them all) have shortcomings, in a way or the other. Lack of choice makes things worse.
- Market: A W F U L! you search for an app and get 3 related results and 1000 unrelated ones.
- APPS. Except some games and some YouTube apps all others are subpar compared to Android. You want a calendar? Get ready to cope with sad looking tiles and strange things like being unable to amend events in GCalendar due to API issues. Want a news reader? Flux? Collector? Weave? None of them makes read articles really read. They keep showing; Weave crashes endlessly (uninstalled, reinstalled, updated...it crashes all the time); Bought Collector. Nice interface, primitive for all the rest.
- Hand input? Terrible. when i try to write chinese characters the input comes up all segmented and not in a smooth, linear way. Looking for chinese dictionaries/tools like Pleco/Hanping and similar? Give up. They simply don't exist.
- Service integration? None! I read, cut, copy, paste on my Galaxy Note. Save to evernote, share on skype, yahoo, line, pocket. WP is simply fragmented. In some place you can save to pocket, in another maybe share with skype, in no place with Line and much much worse.
- Lack of a notification LED in most WP devices. I keep the phone muted. On my Note II i choose led colour and amount of flashing blips to understand who is calling or which email i am getting. On WP i miss emails (and customers).
- Email accounts. No centralized email Every account is a tile. I have 8 big tiles on my screen. You can link accounts into a sort of single folder but that makes things very confusing. Each time i look at that an then look at K9 on my Galaxy Note i can't refrain from missing the seamless integration of the latter.
WP reminds me of those Chinese shops where you enter and they only sell copies of the good stuff. Fake Armani, Fake Gucci, Fake Hugo Boss.
I think before implementing Cortana they should have taken care of the basics
I have been trying to sell my device for 3 months (after one week i had it) and no one here wants it. As i said, i don't think the update will help. If anyone has a more optimistic view on that and is craving for a Lumia 1520 (black) mine is on the market.
kush , 17 Mar 2014guys, can nokia lumia 925 get the wp 8.1 guys...plzzz rply..ofcourse, all Lumia devices
Sagar, 20 Mar 2014No...MS will not coz these kind of issues are not observed. MS will not answer to those issues... moreSagar do u use a wp phone?u say that the issue does not exist.just google it.u will find many forums where people complained about this even in MS own forum.
Any update is useless unless they include file manager and call recording facility.
Viswa, 18 Mar 2014Will Microsoft address the issue of over heating & fast batyery drain of WP devices in thi... moreNo...MS will not coz these kind of issues are not observed. MS will not answer to those issues which do not exist.
Mitish, 18 Mar 2014Will it be available for 520,620,720?Yes windows phone 8.1 is available in all windows phone 8 phones
happy to see dis news ....
so iam using lumia 525 so pls one request is tat we want glance screen options for dis tooo.....so will be more happy if it happens,,,,,,
Will Microsoft address the issue of over heating & fast batyery drain of WP devices in this update?
Windows Phone 8.1 new feature changes (subject to change upon RTM)
+ Sharing secured WI-Fi Networks with contacts if they have Wi-Fi Sense. They don’t get to see the shared password though
+ Social notifications will now show up in Action Center by swiping from the top of the screen
+ Operators can now control Data Sense limits remotely
+ Operators can also install certain applications once a SIM card is detected
+ Along with normal updates, there are now “important” updates.
+ Options to always download emails and pictures within them
+ Encrypted and signed e-mail support
+ Change default SMS app. You can also change which SMS app will show notifications.
+ Enterprise enrolled phones can have their passwords changed and remotely locked
+ “Write, when I swipe through letters”. That should be self-explanatory
+ Geofence monitoring support. Geofence is a boundary around a place of interest to you. Location services can monitor geofences to tell your apps when you’re entering and leaving them. This would be really good for IFTTT
+ Office Lens support. Will scan in documents and screens
+ The phone will have to update to the latest version before you can restore it to factory settings
+ Option to update store apps automatically
+ Option to update store apps when only on Wi-Fi
+ App Suggestions by location
+ Manual Update checks
+ Password protected Office document support
+ Trusted app list for NFC that will remove the need for asking whether you want to open a particular app.
+ In-call speech commands. You’ll be able to say “Call XXXXXX”.
+ Double-Tap to unlock your phone (Feature from Lumia devices on Amber Update and newer)
+ Quiet Hours
+ Double Tap to Power Off
+ Notification if charger isn’t of adequate power
+ Screenshot button combination is now Power + Volume Up
+ Chkdsk for SD Cards essentially
+ Apps on SD Cards are only allowed from ONE originating phone. If it detects that apps from another phone are installed on the SD Card, then it will ask to delete those first
+ Voice Narrator for Accessibility
+ The Search button will be the new way to open Speech instead of the Start button (Since the newer phones will have the start button on screen)
+ New Email sync options with accordance to usage patterns (i.e. If you get a lot of mail on particular days and if you don’t check mail every day).
+ Change the size and amount of tiles on your start screen.
+ Wallet supports tickets and membership cards
+ App Syncing
+ Backups now include application data (ABOUT TIME)
+ Screen Reader functionality (Maybe Text-To-Speech for apps?)
+ Screen Recording functionality
+ Inner Circle of contacts. Up to 40 contacts can be in the inner circle.
+ You can favorite photos by tapping a heart icon
+ Virtual SmartCard support
We should caution that not everything listed in the SDK will make it to the final build of Windows Phone 8.1, but at the very least, you get an idea of what Microsoft is attempting. Likewise, how these features will exactly work is yet to be seen.
Some of the features listed above we have reported in our other articles detailing the 8.1 SDK leak. But many of them are new. Quiet Hours was something we mentioned back in Mach 2013 as expected for Windows Phone 8.1. Now that seems to be the case. Quiet Hours refers to a set period of time where a user won't be bothered by Notifications. Perfect for your bedtime. The Windows Phone version is expected to reflect the current layout in Windows 8.1.
AnonD-237158, 18 Mar 2014WP millions step behind android & ios, I had lumia 625 and that is a big mistake. No multi... moreWP doesnot support multi open app... it suspends the process of the background app to save battery and CPU. it can be launched anytime to foreground app.
BG APP1 - 1% CPU
BG APP10 - 1% CPU
Live APP - 90% CPU [thats why it doesnt lag]
BG APP1 - 40% CPU
BG APP2 - 20% CPU
BG APP3 - 20% CPU
Live APP- 20% CPU[Thats why it Lags]