wow!!! my dream come true. i can now download files and apps directly to my SD card with windows phone 8.1 update
AnonD-254092, 14 Apr 2014Will this affect on warranty or IMEI of the product?? Please help me?? No! It will not ham Your warranty!
Recently installed windows 8.1 on my Lumia 520. Its working great. No issues as of now. Volume control, action center, data sense, background image, xbox, task manager... everything is great. Really good update and very useful. Just waiting for the desktop application for connecting to PC, as of now "project my screen" option is not useable.
Few things which still needs to be improved
1) cellular data control needs to be added in action center.
2) Games are not consolidated in Game Center as before in Windows 8.
3) Some application like 'Here maps', 'Here Drive', 'Game Center', 'Music center' need to have transparent tiles for better view of background image.
Joseph, 16 Apr 2014Why there is no customization of lock screen? It says that you can be able to resize, repositi... moreThere will be apps to utilize all those on the lockscreen. They are not available yet.
Why there is no customization of lock screen? It says that you can be able to resize, reposition the time, date, and notifications but there's no feature like that. I own a Lumia 820. Thanks for your help!
salman, 15 Apr 2014i tried for 3times when downloading reaches to 66prcnt its not working further nd stop....plz ... morePlease dont use a phone wifi router if u are updating the phone.use a Home Network wifi or get into a place with free wifi hotspot.the update will detect ur using a wifi direct and download will not go tru.
maji, 15 Apr 2014How can I get 8.1 updateVery easy actually. Here is the link. Basically sign up for App Studio (free) with your Microsoft Account.
1. App studio http://appstudio.windowsphone.com/?stay=1
2. Install Preview for Developers app to your phone and activate it. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/preview-for-developers/178ac8a1-6519-4a0b-960c-038393741e96
3. Go to Settings on your phone->Check for Updates
maji, 15 Apr 2014How can I get 8.1 updateI is very easy to update just log in to app developer and download app preview app. 8.1 is a awesome
Indian consumers have taught a lesson to Nokia earlier by switching to other brands. Its a second chance for Nokia in Indian market. If Nokia lets down Indian consumers once again (No Cortana for India while avlbl for US) den once again India will dump Nokia. Hope Nokia has already learnt a lesson and will not repeat the same.
Juz nw updated my Lumia 520..themes notification panel superb..it is only available for developers...so register as developers..