Anonymous, 13 Mar 2009So all the 3G phones in the world have video calls?
Nokia 6233/4, 6500 Classic, E65, Blackb... moreSo?? U took your time and sat down, wasted a hour on research time just to so u could find out that three out of 50 phones from Nokia with 3G onborad doesn't have a secondary camera. Actually there are a few more. If u don't know the reason why these three phones don't have a secondary camera, despite talking your time researchin about, i won't tell u, u find out for yourself or mail Nokia and ask them why, cause i already know.
Did i right anywhere that i was not satisfied with the 2 mp camera or du u have dyslexia or something? I'm sorry everybody can't like the iphone or be suckered into the terrible and overrated hype of all time. I personally have one and used it for 5-6 days, and i think it belongs in ToysRus, not next to genuine competent phones out there. It's a pretty useless piece of device. Maybe u just use it to listen lovesongs by Justin Timberlake and think about your girlfriend, good for u, keep yours then, but i need it to be a working everyday tool.
Like i said, i will look into the next generation iphone if they fix most of the 20-30 serious issues i had with the phone.
[deleted post]How about those who have used many phones over the years, with all sorts of unused features, who bought an iPhone 3G and found it was the best choice for their needs.
Like me, my N82 sits unused, I last sent an MMS in 2004, I did 2 video calls in 2005 just to try it out and found it next to useless and was so sick of waiting an hour or more for one of my colleages to leech 300MB+ movie files from my phone via Bluetooth, flattening my battery in the process.
I type on it a lot 99% of my posts are from an iPhone, I constantly upload photo's to Facebook and email them, there's no hanging about waiting for the phone to resize them for MMS.
The satisfaction rating for iPhone's is very high so I guess there are a lot of people like me.
[deleted post]He even has a rock painted to look like one and the Apple logo on his coffee cup, leastways I think that's what he said.
David, 13 Mar 2009I got an Apple 3G as a present from my mother in law last year and i'm generally very unhappy ... moreSo all the 3G phones in the world have video calls?
Nokia 6233/4, 6500 Classic, E65, Blackberry Storm among others, seem to have something missing.
What's got me beat is people who whine about the iPhones 2 megapixel camera also whine when they can't use the front VGA camera for taking photo's, so VGA is good enough to meet their needs but 2 megapixels isn't.
I got an Apple 3G as a present from my mother in law last year and i'm generally very unhappy with the iphone. It does not have basic features. Here are some contructive critisism and issues i hope Apple have fixed in their new OS. Some of these basic issues should be present on a factory version OS in a modern phone, and not thru jailbreaking your phone, breaking your warranty and downloading dodgy third party apps that doesn't even work properly and are a huge hastle to use.
1) "Background processor/Multitasking", this one of the main problems in the iphone, that u can't run any apps or programs in the background like other phones: This is the reason why Iphone OS is so responsive, because it's a "single brain" organism, it cant do two things at once. Running backgroung application makes the processor work much harder, and so Apple does not have this and just went superficial. I would rather choose a more multitaskin phone than a speed bullet that only does one thing at a time like a walkie talkie.
2) The bluetooth is a joke on the iphone, you can't even send files between phones, even thou it's like the sole purpose of even having a bluetooth, very annoying.
3) MMS is a huge issue for me. I don't know if i should cry or laugh at this issue. How is it even possible too make a OS in the 2008 and not have support for MMS is beyond me?? Even low end budget 40 dollar phones have them. And i would like to have the support for SMS business cards and the ability to forward sms, basic stuff.
4) Push notification is very needed. Having slightly dorment programs in background come to life with a press of a icon or button, like chat programs and so on
5) For some strange reason u can only get a horizintal keyboard in the Safai app, not in sms-client and email. Which is weird cause it shoud be the other way around. Who needs a full screen Querty in the webbrowser? I need a full screen Querty in my sms and email client.. fix it Apple!! So weird...
6) Everybody already knows about the copy and paste issues. Even this goes beyond me that it is not present in a touch screen phone 2008. So weird, some of these issues really makes me think if the Iphone creators were tipsy on single malt when they made this OS.
7) Modem connection. It has fast internet services so why can't i use it as a modem for my laptop like all my other phones when im not a public internet zone?
8) Flash support. I don't understand why it's not present. Flash support takes alot of processor power so i what i heard is that itäs not even possible to have a good flash support in it cause it would slow the phone down to the speed of a turtle. How come all the other phones have it? Iphone just want a fast touch screen, and not proper competent tool. After 1 month with my Iphone 3G i realized that Apple made the iphone just for show and nothing else. It's not even 10 percent as competent as my Nokia E71.
9) Video Call. All the 3G phones in the world has a second VGA camera on the front for video call, but once again, not Iphone. This is actually the main purpose of 3G from the beginning, not only to get an extra bar of connection on reception icon. Even if u don't use video calls that often, the option should be there anyway damn it. It's 3G phone for god sake. All of them have it, how hard could it really be Apple?
10) Global Search is something else Apple forgot or didnt do. A Search function that should be able to searxh all applications contacts, sms, email etc. Right now u can only search for contacts.
These are just some of the basic stuff the bothers me about the Iphone. If it wasn't a present from mu mother-in-law i would have sold it within the first month. But it's been lying at home doing nothing. For those who don't care about what a totally incompetent this phone is. Email me and we can work out a price. It's 3G white, almost brand new, just used like 5-6 days and unlocked. Not jailbroken.
I will have a look at the new Iphone when it hits the stores sometime in the future. I could get one if Apple fix all these stuff i mentioned and at least 20 mores issues. Til then it's Nokia N71.
[deleted post]Never will i own an apple product ever again again waste of money all around and so useless
i rather use a rock or a cup saucer over an iphone cause i lease know how to use both of them
iphone calmer, 13 Mar 2009yer winmo is dire...especially on a touchscreen. Ive had both a ipod touch(which i loved) and ... moreI still have to say apple and there iWhatevers
have to be the biggest joke in the decade
if it weren't fore bill gates apple would have been in the gutter and the celebs helped apple so they can get there quick fix of loot
steve jobs even admited it in his bio
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009but the thing is now one like WinMo not even me XD so but having to sync you stuff all the ti... moreyer winmo is dire...especially on a touchscreen. Ive had both a ipod touch(which i loved) and an ipod nano before so I dont think its that bad. I also like the way they add new things to the devices in updates which ive never had a handset which has done that. I know apple arnt perfect but they still seem good. I really just wanted my ipod touch but to have it with me all the time (not restricted to wi-fi)
iphone calmer, 13 Mar 2009well my needs are matched as I wanted
a great internet browser (tick)
a great music playe... morebut the thing is now one like WinMo not even me XD so
but having to sync you stuff all the time with a phone just to get new stuff will get annoying i know cause i had 3 ipods from way before and they really do suck that bad
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009so your telling me that everyone with the iphone has the same need cause everyone i ask why th... morewell my needs are matched as I wanted
a great internet browser (tick)
a great music player (tick)
to be able to connect my music player to my surround system (tick)
an ok camera for a few snaps of nights out ect (tick)
to have a stylish looking phone thats not too chunky (touch hd style)(tick)
To wirelessly purchase songs and apps when im out (tick)
a great and responcive touchscreen (tick)
These are just a few of my needs that are met with my iphone. Trust me I tried manty phones from pixon, omnia, touch hd, touch diamond, samsung tocco etc and couldnt find one that better suited my needs.
iphone calmer, 13 Mar 2009going back to my original arguement that it depends on your needs...everyone has individial ne... moreso your telling me that everyone with the iphone has the same need cause everyone i ask why they have the same crap i wanted an Ipodo with a iphone.......
i can ca play music from my phone very loud but i don't need an iphone to do it
and the UI
that's it 2 main things ipod and UI
other then that they can't tell me nothing and they feel really stupid and walk away
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009i don'w know aboutt that the B/T HP printer saved me many times going back to my original arguement that it depends on your needs...everyone has individial needs from a phone..
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009XD your on a roll man your hilarious the only reason why the iphone is so expensive is caus... moreuseless junk like bluetooth HP printer? I cant think of any 'useless junk' on the iphone or the tariff. its all great..
iphone calmer, 13 Mar 2009Yes its a mid range phone which having to be discounted so the people who will buy it can affo... moreXD your on a roll man your hilarious
the only reason why the iphone is so expensive is cause apple always has high priceed useless junk
i can even get a better netbook/laptop then a MacBook and have better stuff on in and still be able to aford the phone i want after
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009i rather be able to know what i'm typing and when i can i could careless about space XD i al... more2.1 inch TFT screen vs 3.5 inch touchscreen.. would love to watch videos and use apps on that..can you even see the writing?
kyuubi, 13 Mar 2009it's called MID RANGE phone for a reason right your really a comidian manYes its a mid range phone which having to be discounted so the people who will buy it can afford it.. the iphone is a high range phone
iphone calmer, 13 Mar 2009hmmm.. 16 GB of memory to store photos, videos and music on vs Can type with gloves on.... I w... morei rather be able to know what i'm typing and when i can
i could careless about space XD i already have the apps that i need