I'm guessing it will include the following "features".
1) You can only enter your house if you have itunes installed
2) House colours must be a range of pastels as approved by Jony Ive
3) You will only be allowed 3 sizes of windows (small, medium or large)... which all have the same ratio
4) You will not be allowed into the basement to explore
5) You will not be allowed to watch porn or anything deemed unsuitable by steve jobs.
6) It will cost 2x any other automation system and include half the features.
7) hackers will be able to hijack your home and demand a $50 fee to let you back in.
8) it will include find my house.
hah now we know whos the copycat. always copy others idea, patent them & sue the others. gj.
Sure iSheeps will claim it as Apple's innovation then they will be quick to accuse everyone as copycats as soon as they see that other devices integrate them in their OS. This is nothing new and in fact been used on Android devices for quite a while now.
"Apple will [finally] bring home automation features to the iPhone family."
What is this, 2010?
Quick everyone, hop in your DeLorean and go Back to The Future.
Apple innovates again, I'm sure the other companies will mimick with similar functionality very soon, maybe before the iPhone 6 comes out and then go and claim that Android did it first, but we all know that even when Apple isn't the first to market with some features, they are nearly always the first to bring something to the market that just works.
Unfortunately this gives others time to copy before the Apple product even arrives, but luckily the quality and no-shortcuts implementation wins the day in the end
Oh great. Can't wait till someone hack your home automation, just like in Watch Dogs video game.
Cool. Yep, it's nothing new.
But having it well integrated into the iOS platform will be great.