Solution to guys with Kitkat Upgrade problems...with a warning, you might loose your data.
1. Get a backup of your data (contacts, Messages, whatsapp and so on....)
2. You might have to try this for a few times during the reboots. I could salvage only my contacts....I lost the messages, whatsapp and apps.
3. Now if you are sure enough, next reboot to recovery (Pwr + Home + Vol Up buttons)
4. Go to option "Wipe Cache Partition"
5. Next go to "Wipe Data/Factory reset".
6. Wait for completion & then Reboot
You will loose data, but your phone is now with Kitkat. So far its running good for me.
Any more Qs?, ask... Read, Read & Read and then do 1 to 6 steps.
All the best.
This is the worst update ever...
Nothing is working on my mobile..
Restarting after every 2 minutes.
What to do ??
Mahesh, 15 Jul 2014Hi, I have updated Grand2 JB 4.3 to kitkat 4.4.2 now its getting rebooted automatically. ... moreHi friend just go to recovery mode and use wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache then restart your problem is solve. All data is deleted so you need that back up.
Dont go for this upgrade. I am facing hell of issues like
- device restarts for unknown reason, very frequently. Once for every 5-10 min.
- Battery drain
- Lock screen time widget not updating with current time
- Several apps missing after the update
- Some of the functionalists like assistive light, default keyboard are not working.
Kindly Do Not Upgrade to Kit Kat for Samsung Glaxy Grand 2. Not able to lock screen. The system seems to show the samsung restart screen every 5 mins but its not restarted actually. Unable to Conect to Wi fi and unable to do hard factory reset also from the setting had to boot phone in recovery mode to loose all my data to revive Kit kat to work completely. This is unacceptable
Could u tell me wat sort of problem grand 2 user are facing after kitkat update
Wat mught be the possile and permanent solution
Should we update itnot leave as it??
my phone restarting for every 5 minutes after kitkat update. pls help
Kitkat 4.4.2 for Grand 2, but not for 2012 flagship device SG S3. :(
Just Upgrade Jeally bean 4.3 to Kitkat 4.4.2..on my Grand 2....its grt thnx samsung
I have updated Grand2 JB 4.3 to kitkat 4.4.2 now its getting rebooted automatically.
Nice update but not much changes in UI
But bugs get fixed in grand 2 i am using from 12 hours after update no problems till know
I had updated to Kitkat version for Samsung galaxy grand 2. Dual sim mode is not functional. Calls and messaging can be performed only when single sim is inserted in any sim slot.issues unknown. Please help.
already downloaded update but not able to find major changes in app display
arjun.ak, 15 Jul 2014Same problems i too faced but additional to that my phone is turned off permanently its not st... morei hv same problem tooo my device is not starting ....plz reply me if u get any solution ...thanks
restore to factory settings by pressing volume up key + power key + home key it will work fine but no significant interface