Screen protector business is still going strong because a lot of consumers are not aware of even Gorilla glass, what more sapphire displays. It's a habit from the olden days of plastic displays which scratched easily.
I get the matt screen protectors, you know to keep the screen clean, fingerprint free…
But I really don't see any point in the glossy ones!!!
It's still the same looking, boring icons. I can imagine what the iPhone 8 looks like
I can see the need for the back protector, screen protector surely have been rendered obsolete.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014noGood news for me then... Bad news for screen protector manuf :)
Don't worry for the scratch. The next iPhone 7 will do the same concept as the iPhone 4, Back and Front, both side made of synthetic Sapphire.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014do we need screen protector on a sapphire coated screen?only 5% of buyers will understand what exactly is Sapphire display is. The screen protector companies will target the remaining 95%.
What if a grandma goes to ATT store to buy a new iPhone .. the sales person wants to sell as many accessories as possible to his customers. He will just bring up the question .. do you need screen protector to prevent from scratches ? obviously the customer says yes ( coz he is spending $700 on a phone). do you think the sales guy will take his time to explain that it is sapphire display and you dont have to buy screen protectors ? ... think from real world scenario perspective.
MdN8, 23 Jul 2014Why easy? My Nokia N8 is aluminum and it's hard to scratch it and almost impossible to chip.As another person has said it's the square edges that get easily scratched. Hopefully should be better with the round shape.
can not wait to buy iPhone 6 5.5" screen..... wonder how much price it will be.....
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014do we need screen protector on a sapphire coated screen?It can be scratched with normal sand...
i dont think they'll be bringing out a 'c' straight away if ever because i think alot of people have moaned at how it has made the premium quality of iphone look a bit 'cheap and plastic'. i could be wrong, but apple normally bring out the 4,5,6 then bring out the 's' a bit later on maybe 6-12 months later. we'll have to wait and see. excited for this
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014do we need screen protector on a sapphire coated screen?no
Noreve has also sent info about their cases for iphone 6 4.7 and 5.5
If its the same durability as the TouchID on iPhone 5s, its will be godly. Looking forward to a durable phone.
It will be bad news for screen protector makers..
Not so for case makers.. people are vain, and case give good looks for some.
The aluminium doesn't scratch so easy, maybe the champed edges. So if they goo sapphire panel and unibody aluminium (not two tone back with glass) there will be nothing to be scratched.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014Not enough to have sapphire if the aluminium body will get easily scratched and chipped. Why easy? My Nokia N8 is aluminum and it's hard to scratch it and almost impossible to chip.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2014do we need screen protector on a sapphire coated screen?Only 10-15 million sapphire screens availlable, with more than 70 million phones ordered by Apple, chances are, most will still come with Gorilla Glass instead of sapphire.