Moto has got 3 products in India, 2 of which have excellent pricing. Moto exited India around 2009. Now they have distributed exclusively thru flipkart.
however once they decide to enter India on a larger scale their cost of operations will increase (staff, offices, service centers, distributors, etc).
Nokia on the other hand discontinued their best selling devices 520&720 for god knows why.
they the worst top bosses possible. Ms is yet to address these issues especially gap in product portfolio.
in a years time it will be difficult for Moto to sustain this momentum.
as far as Nokia....they have been at rock bottom for a couple of years now....difficult to take off
jonty007, 03 Aug 2014so lemme tell you
1. WP is not open source
2. no 3rd party input methods
3. no google now l... more1. WP is not open source >>> actually its a pro not a con. How many hackers have hacked into Nokia WP devices?lol. Android has so many vulnerabilities in their OS. Many of devices running android are unpatched for security flaws. all WP devices gets updates till end of life of the OS
2. no 3rd party input methods >>> how many keyboard do you need to type? did you know that WP word flow keyboard has made it to Guinness book of world record for being that fastest keyboard. it was almost many seconds faster than android rivals
3. no Google now like assistant>>> cortana. and cortana can be configured to exclude certain things from its data collection activity. Google now doesn't give you that level of transparency
4. no usb otg support>>>> Remember when iPhones got hacked using a charger. MS wont enable USB otg even if hardware supports it. Its a security risk. in future they might ....but not for the moment
5. live tiles are not interactive>>> what the hell is that
6. no Bluetooth or USB keyboard support>>> Typing using words flow keyboard renders USB keyboards obsolete. WITHOUT MS OFFICE ON ANDROID DEVICES WHY U NEED USB/wireless KEYBOARD SUPPORT MAN LOL
7. no http live streaming>>> will recommend this to Microsoft if not alraedy present. Surely all WP need this essential feature ROFLMAO
8. BIGGEST of all...NOT popular >>> popular among people who care for their privacy. US government organisation DOD (department of defense) uses Windows 8 phones for it employees
AnonD-282298, 03 Aug 2014Is any one here from Canada,what you feel about Justin Beiber and Stephen Elop, XDyum i m from ontario
The biggest issue with the world's 2nd largest mobile market loving cheap devices is innovation will become stagnant as it's basically a "race to the bottom" where manufacturers will put as little as possible into the R&D of devices in order to keep costs and the price down.
You guys can go apesh*t all you want for your cheap Moto G, E, and Mi3 but don't expect anything cutting edge.
AnonD-254108, 03 Aug 2014Oh, so Moto E is quad core? And Nokia X is 2 years old device compared to Moto E? Its just 2 m... moredude read "TO WHAT THE COMMENT WAS REPLIED TO"! someone said Nokia X series is CHEAPER than the Moto Series. You just confirmed that its expensive not cheaper thus validating my statement! Isnt it obvious the device is an old one. It wasnt made by microsoft IT WAS MADE BY NOKIA! Nokia had prototype android devices for a long time. Nokia X could be that device. It explains the S4 play processor. Microsft isnt interested in selling Android devices. stupid to think that android works on low end devices and would replace the asha. Android lag will kill low end devices. Same Nokia XL would have done well if it had WP on it. Almost all WP low end devices don't have flash and front camera but the Nokia XL has. It would have sold well for sure. I have quite vocal of this on nokia's conversation website. guess what! 4 days later they announced that they would replace android with Windows phone 8.1 for all future devices :D The comments still exists on the site
Instead to white article that Samsung is the biggest in India,(THAT IS THE MAIN POINT in this report) they decided to dedicate this article to Moto and Nokia. ROTFL
Canalys are not making this report to show who is on fourth and fifth place right? But the propaganda twist the point of this report. (may be not to show on which place is Apple?)
Imagine what noise would be if Apple a the first in India.
You don't dare even to show the list of first 10. Pathetic
motowatcher, 03 Aug 2014Lenovo doesn't own Motorola Mobility just yet. The purchase has NOT been approved by the US go... moreLol, the purchase has been done, some paper works are yet to be completed and finalized, which will be done by early next year.
Get your facts straight please. Lenovo owns Motorola now, not Google.
Lenovo doesn't own Motorola Mobility just yet. The purchase has NOT been approved by the US government yet.
And yet another web site to list as clickbait!!!!!!
Anonymous, 03 Aug 2014Everybody say that wp is not good.. Pls tell me what's bad in wp os? I know the only thing and... moreso lemme tell you
1. WP is not open source
2. no 3rd party input methods
3. no google now like assistant
4. no usb otg support
5. live tiles are not interactive
6. no bluetooth or usb keyboard support
7. no http live streaming
8. BIGGEST of all...NOT popular
Lol, sold the S4 for my X, could not feel any better. And now I see this.
I do something first, India follows. ROFL :D
AnonD-152462, 03 Aug 2014Funny comment! you are saying Nokia XL is cheap. Clearly your top floor is empty. Nokia XL cos... moreOh, so Moto E is quad core? And Nokia X is 2 years old device compared to Moto E? Its just 2 months old. Get your damn facts straight. If Moto E price is 7k, why the heck Nokia X has 11k price with old generation snapdragon processors? Does the X series have Corning gorilla glass 3? And why the heck Micro$oft had abandoned X series? Because of low sales. S40 was successful but Micro$oft had abandoned it too. Lava and xolo are switching to Android One project and due to low sales of WP, they are no longer planning to sell more WP devices. Go home kiddo, before arguing, see the world. Pfft WPboy
One of the reasons why Motorola sell are boosting :
1. Moto X is the flagship Android of Motorola sold at $348 packed with 4.7-inch AMOLED display, dual-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, a 10 MP primary camera, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and 2200 mAh battery.
2. Moto G is a mid-range smartphone from the Motorola which costs less than $200 depending on the variant. It is packed with 4.5-inch LCD display, quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, a 5 MP rear camera and 2070 mAh battery.
3. For the cheapest Motorola smartphone, Moto E offers a decent package including 4.3-inch LCD display, dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM, a 5 MP rear camera and 1980 mAh battery for $130 in Amazon.
These Motorola smartphones are eligible for Android 4.4.3 and Android 4.4.4 KitKat update via OTA or Motorola Device Manager.
AnonD-239468, 03 Aug 2014So according to you, everyone should be a M$/nokia sheep? Get real kiddo.Google earned 90% of their revenue from advertising. you used the words sheep wrongly :D On a Nokia X series device you don't even need an email ID to access the store. Microsoft doesn't impose creating an outlook ID. Still gmail isn't the top Email service provider even with all those android devices around. don't worry Google will continue to be investigated for monopolistic practices. Example google+ linked to youtube, forcing OEM to use google search widget etc etc.
Kopi-O-Siew-Dai, 03 Aug 2014No worries. They will come soon. There are still a small amount of people who are still holdin... moreIt is not about the Operating System it is about price.
The article all but says so.
Samsung remains top because they were not challenged
High price high spec phones are losing ground, in China Xiaomi has pushed Apple into third place after Samsung.
Xiaomi are offering really high spec phone eg in India the Xiaomi Mi 3 for $250
Nokia with their Lumia phones are very cheap and as the article says Motorola have dropped the price due to Xiaomi
The Moto G is relatively cheap and has a SECONDARY CAMERA, you have to buy a high spec Nokia to get a secondary Camera, so even if the Moto G costs a bit more you are paying that to get this.
The first thing people will see is the price not the Operating System.
The ONLY way for Nokia to compete is offering the same specs for the same price, but this is difficult when even the NEW Lumia 635 does NOT have a secondary camera
The good thing about this competition is that prices are being kept low
You have to be loyal to spend more money on getting the OS, but some do not know how cheap some of these prices are.
$250 for a Xiaomi Mi 3 costs less and offers a higher specs 3G phone than any smartphone I have ever owned since 2009
The Xiaomi Mi 4 cost $320 and is way way cheaper to get than the Lumia 930, really 13Mp Phone to the Lumia 930 and its 20Mp phone
AnonD-239468, 03 Aug 2014So according to you, everyone should be a M$/nokia sheep? Get real kiddo.M$ and Nokia sheep??? and you called me a troll? Google just earned 90% revenue from advertising :D Poor gSheep and then you guys call apple users iSheep LOL. Buying an Apple device is not a wrong idea if the person has money. Even blackberry , Samsung tizen (when released), Jolla sailfish and ubuntu edge are worth buying