Honestly, Apple has GREAT marketing but CRAPPY phones.
Nokia has CRAPPY marketing but GREAT phones.
Are you a smart consumer? Where do you put your money?
still, no video call!!!!
very good in style but still not so practical
Anonymous, 10 Jun 2009Just curious, seems like you...
- have never used an iphone
- will never buy an iphone
... moreTo quench your curiousity:
- used an iPhone and it is user friendly, but it has almost no features. Most of the phone is apps. Most apps being completely pointless i.e. find my car app?
- the functionality of iPhones and it not much and the specs prove it
- that apple know how to market user friendly phones
- people that bought iPhones and are still disappointed with it
- that I won't buy a phone that has the technology of phones five plus years ago but the price of a new phone.
To answer your question:
My point of being here was to see what iPhone has to offer this time around and I must say that it's definitely an improvement but still mainly stuff that the phone shouldv'e come out with to begin with. Another point was to not try to belittle iPhone lovers because it's their opinion to buy what they like and if it's an iPhone, I have no problem with that. I prefer the Nokia N97 still after reading what the new iPhone has to offer and thats my opinion.
Bunyip, 10 Jun 2009FIRST I am currently on a N82 looking to upgrade (omnia, Idou, Iphone, N97 and others). This i... moredude you make no sense,
it has 600mhz cpu ? oh wow phones are coming out with 800mhz and even with 1ghz
it has gps,bluetooth and mms ? oh wow mms have been around for 8 years or so, its bluetooth still can't transfer files like other phones which is fail, gps has been on others phones before the iphone.
it has 32gb memory and 256mb ram ? oh wow other phones have up to 30gb as well and 512mb ram
it has LCD screen ? oh wow OLED is the future it blows LCD in the dark so in sunlight(set the brightness full), and waste less energy.
it has gps reception ? oh wow so other phones
it has 30fps ? oh wow so High definition is 30fps, vga is fail.
TOUCH SCREEN ? it's not the screen, it's operating system sensitivity. its screens are made by sharp and toshiba
WEB BROWSER ? it has no flash therefore it is not good
OPERATING SYSTEM ? it's good farewell
MUSIC PLAYER ? no it's not the best. other phone's music player can play more formats and have better sound quality
APP STORE ? you gotta pay, other phones get everything for free symbian for example
Anonymous, 10 Jun 2009Just curious, seems like you... - have never used an iphone - will never buy an iphone ... moreso because you used and liked the iphone that means everyone who use the iphone actually will buy an iphone ? that's pathetic, people buy phones on their needs not what someone like you may suggest, you said once you use mac you will not go back ? i have used mac and windows is more capable for everything to work with devices and softwares and i will never leave windows.
Anonymous, 10 Jun 2009Awesome news for iPhone lovers. I, however, will be getting the N97 that is shipping to the N... moreJust curious, seems like you...
- have never used an iphone
- will never buy an iphone
why r u here?
Awesome news for iPhone lovers. I, however, will be getting the N97 that is shipping to the New York Nokia Flagship US Store today!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Bring on the Awesomeness!!!! Apple lovers, buy the iPhone, I have no problem with that, I just like the N97 better.
Bunyip, 10 Jun 2009FIRST I am currently on a N82 looking to upgrade (omnia, Idou, Iphone, N97 and others). This i... moreI also owned an n82 before I upgraded to the iPhone. After using the iPhone there is no going back to any other brand. The Internet browser is just amazing. Touch screen friggin awesome. The only thing it's lacking is voice navigation which will be fixed when tom tom comes out. I can see revenue sky rocketing for apple once tom tom and os3 is out.
water dust resistant...defenitly gonna get it sorry se u r to late :(
FIRST I am currently on a N82 looking to upgrade (omnia, Idou, Iphone, N97 and others). This is a list of advantages and disadvantages (personal opinion) for people who want a balanced view not that of a apple fanboy or troll.
Where the iphone 3G is BEHIND.
- CAMERA, 3MP is poor when compared with 8 & 12MP cameras with zenon
- KEYBOARD, no physical keyboard is poor compared to N97 and xperia and most nokias.
- MULTI TASKING is limited to a few key apps, has been improved with push
- RADIO every phone bar apple has FM also has no FM transmitter
- VIDEO CALLING not available, very few people actually use it though
Where the iphone 3G is ON PAR.
- SPEED, the 600 mhz processor (approx) is on par with most high end devices (better than N97).
- GPS, Bluetooth, MMS, cut paste etc have all been pathetic in the past but they have been brought up to speed with other phones with 3.0.
- MEMORY & RAM 32gb is more than standard but there is no option to expand with micdro SD
- SCREEN size is on par with other high end devices, sunlight legibility is the best around, OLED is coming in on a lot of devices so indoor saturation is not as good but OLED is very weak in sunlight.
- GPS RECEPTION is on par, the lack of a proper app will be fixed with TOMTOM
- VIDEO is 30 fps which is standard on most phones, no 16:9 widescreen
- BATTERY 3G does chew the battery but the new improvements will probably have the iphone equal to most
- SIZE and weight are similar to other phones, slightly wider but a bit thinner than most.
- WLAN same as others
- OTHER, Tethering, SMS, tones, phonebook, Bluetooth, USB, etc are on par.
- 7.2 MBPS 3G is better than most although it is the new standard.
- BUILD Quality is on par with others, probably better than sliders or keyboards because of fewer moving parts. There has been case cracking but this seems to be fixed.
Where the iphone is AHEAD
- TOUCH SCREEN sensitivity is second to none
- WEB BROWSER is still the best around but there is no FLASH support :-(
- OPERATING SYSTEM is more stable and easier than almost all other OS, there are several areas that could be improved though.
- MUSIC PLAYER is the best at the moment
- APP STORE is where the iphone leaves everyone for dead
As you can see there are several specs which are behind (and appear to be for future marketing purposes). Most specs are on par with other high end devices while a lot of the big ones are ahead.
If the camera is the be all and end all look at the idou or n86, if you want a good phone for general use, web browsing, music with the best and cheapest apps the iphone is right up there. Really it could be a poor phone or a perfect phone depending on what you want. Hope this helps.
Sorry got a bit long winded :-)
i still love the iphone in other peoples hand when i see them using it because of the desing.but i will never buy it again,because when i had the iphone (3g 16gb white) i always mis my other brands of phone.this one will be over hyped to i think.
HAHAH people forgot about the LG Arena... what happened GSMarena you're fav phone got empowered?
Anonymous, 09 Jun 2009There's a common thread among all the haters... This phone does this, that phone does this ... moreWhy are you comparing the Iphone with the Eseries??? It's obviosly more like a 3 year old Nseries phone, rather than anything else.
There's a common thread among all the haters...
This phone does this, that phone does this and this other phone does something else...
Why are you pulling the features from several different models to go up against one phone?
E series 3.2 megapixel maximum, music express series 3.2 megapixel maximum, Blackberry 3.2 megapixel maximum, Android phones 3.2 megapixel maximum, Palm Pre 3.2 megapixel camera etc.
E series low internal memory, Palm Pre 4GB internal (that's all), Blackberry 1 GB internal sure you can get micro SD but how many of you will buy 32GB cards?
There are only two phones with 32GB of Internal memory.
Blackberries, the Pre and Android don't do video calls, what Id like the see is Video call usage figures across all the networks, it would be such a miniscule number it's not worth reporting.
Once you try Mac, there's no going back.