AnonD-225521, 23 Sep 20141. Sony devices are the worst to test lcd performance on lol. And they are tft, not ips which ... more
1. True, A bad example but I purchase many different types of phones for my company and play with them all before hading them over and Even the HTC One M8 I played with a week or two ago was a little disappointing, not as bad as the Z2 but against my S4. I haven't used the iPhone 6+ yet so I wount pass judgement but I would expect something similar to happen, would like to be proved wrong.
2. I am more interested in taking pictures and this means more often than not, white is not the most common colour on my screen, On a web page white might be common place but this is not why you develop an awesome screen tech like SAMOLED.
3. If taking pictures, some times angles are important, Holding the phone above your head at a concert or to get a better perspective on an LCD can often lead to view of a screen then is either very whited out or dark depending on how you hold the phone. So it does have some scope for thought but your right, infrount of you its not such an issue.
4. I am aware of the O in amOled. I guess I was not being so clear, I was thinking about the new TV's that are coming out with OLED panels as their is a difference for sure but I cant remember the last time I saw a TV powered by LCD that was in the premium group.
AnonD-311081, 23 Sep 2014It's just an advertisement to make people fool as apple already lost billions of dollars in th... morethey didn't "lose" billion of dollars... rather "earned" billions of dollars less than they would have if no one else knew how to make a phone like before... they still have the greatest profit margins by a long shot...
False. Sony was first to have such a ppi back in 2008 with the Xperia x1.
And not even counting that it's not that Apple started it. They just used a smaller screen.
AnonD-225521, 23 Sep 20141. Sony devices are the worst to test lcd performance on lol. And they are tft, not ips which ... moreSony uses tft display and not ips? Go read wiki about tft and Sony phones before making such untrue statements.
AnonD-46153, 23 Sep 2014amoled's contrast sells... the main thing for most people... everything else is now on par too... moreI like your style of comment. It's different to all these other people that are fanboys.
Amoled is for some and lcd is for others. Yes, Samsung doesn't have much over others now. Dunno how long their 'reign' will last haha.
Personally, the blacks were great on my Samsung devices but I have moved on as I love very bright and white displays that I couldn't find from Samsung. I may come back if it has improved more after a few more major releases from them
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2014It's you that din't have any knowledge and yet you claim you know more than Displaymate experts.I said I don't claim to know more than them, Read it again please. Thanks
FrozenFireVR, 23 Sep 2014ROFL!!! PPI isn't everything you ****! Ever seen an iPhone?I saw one and gave it an Alien, and then laughed at the Alien.
[deleted post]1. Sony devices are the worst to test lcd performance on lol. And they are tft, not ips which most high end phones use.
2. Yes, but they use lots of power on whites, which, if you're a normal user, will be the most commonly appearing colour on your screen.
3. Angles, okay, fair enough, but it's not such a big factor. Who looks at their phone from the side? It should be the last thing considered.
4. Led is not the same as oled. O is for organic, which is the factor that holds amoled screens back - whites/colours/other issues
[deleted post]It's you that din't have any knowledge and yet you claim you know more than Displaymate experts.
Boy.Some of Apple haters are disgusting and idiot.They claim They know more than DiplayMate experts and again they say nonsense thing.It's the truth that iPhones have best lcd diplays.So stop complaining and be wise.
AnonD-225521, 23 Sep 2014I really don't know why displaymate rates amoled displays so high?! No, I'm not an apple fan... moreamoled's contrast sells... the main thing for most people... everything else is now on par too with other displays... it is a superior tech in many ways but inferior in some... it is just so much more beautiful and with the new profile system of samsung, you don't get those saturated colors... whites are accurate but the blacks are magnificent... for an amoled lover, the low contrast of an lcd would always make lcds look cheaper... chalk it all up to preference but samsung sells only due to amoled(i don't consider anything else they do to be that good that you buy their product)
AnonD-84571, 23 Sep 2014Maybe DisplayMate only tests Low end Androids and iOS phones. Have they ever seen Lumia 920... moreY is there so much hate in you for Apple. Tests have proved iPhone has best LCD Screen. So please accept the fact, Apple never pays to write about them. They don't even provide test units to reviewers.
AnonD-84571, 23 Sep 2014Maybe DisplayMate only tests Low end Androids and iOS phones. Have they ever seen Lumia 920... moreMaybe?hahahahah.Stop being such disgusting.Accept that iPhones have best lcd displays.Very disgusting.
AnonD-6268, 23 Sep 2014The best display is smsung and Nokia lumias...you can tweak their saturation, white balance, e... moreHahahaha.So you know more than DisplayMate experts?No way.You know nothing.Get out of this page or be wise and logical.
AnonD-5197, 23 Sep 2014Whites are whiter on SAMOLED than how blacks show on LCDs. Colours are tested to be more accur... moreMost the contents on Android are black over white background or prefer brightness so it's not just about numbers. Yes, I miss nice blacks on my amoled screens but having moved on to ips lcd, the nice whites feel miles better nice blacks and is more noticeable.
Also, amoled can show srgb accurately. The gamut is different for Android content, so colours will come out over saturated. Check out erica griffin's video on YouTube.