i got this phone just now and im loving it a lot. as in a lot. battery life is good, keypads are soft and its very durable. i just love this phone. not bad for a secondary backup phone.
desh, 30 Nov 2009must be a software problem.............hi
Dusha, 30 Nov 2009I love this phone,it is easy to handle but when I tried to put a keypad code,I can use only 12... moreGo to settings, then security settings, then select change access codes, then select change security code. Now give 12345, then ok, after that give your desired code.
Hakob, 05 Sep 2009my problem in this is that it restarts automatically and hangs sometimes..must be a software problem.............
I love this phone,it is easy to handle but when I tried to put a keypad code,I can use only 12345,how can I change this code to have a complicated code as this is so simple & easy to guess.........
i bought this phone one month a go based on opinions of gsmarena membres.
it's a good phone and this is what i think about it:
1. the clock and the date are clearly and always displayed not like nokia high range phones.
2. this phone is made with good materials, the keypad is not erased after exceeds use like n/1100, 1110, 1200, 1202, 1203...
3. you can add many numbers for each contact.
4. sms capacity is 918 characters and if your message exceeds this number the phone will not stop you and the parts of the message will be send as one.
5. the design is good.
6. the flash lite is strong.
7. battery life is good.
1. the (*, 0, #) keys are difficult to use.
2. the contact name can contain only 16 characters.
3. the call report displayed after conversation save the duration of last conversation, when you call some one and you don't get an answer, the call report show the saved duration again.
4. the calander show only 2 weeks (because the screen is too small) and its bad to see.
5. the images cannot be insered directly from text editor.
6. the confirmation message is deleted automatically.
7. can accept only midi ringtones under 25ko of size
at last: expensive phones = wast of money.
d best of this century..d keypad s so cute..
cal duration option show display plz ans
Beefhole, 23 Oct 2009dis fone sux big donkey ass pooSo what's doin in this suck site huh!
dis fone sux big donkey ass poo
skb, 03 Sep 2009I have more things to add regarding 1209- I changed my sim yesterday to new tata docomo sim 6... morehey thanks for telling me about that.. I wanted to use my new tata docomo sim in 1209. I guess i must not buy that phone. But the sim works properly on 1208. I wonder how?
Anonymous, 28 Sep 2009Hi everyone/anyone, Can you please tell me how to increase the in-coming call volume on this phone?As you are speaking with someone, if you press up key then you can increase it......
Its a fantastic phone. the body is very hard and it is very to use.i am very happy to use this superb phone.
this phone is very strong and durable phone. i think only this phone allows you to set a message to be sent in a specified time and you can set speed dials for messaging not for calling alone. keypad is ideal from messaging. you can turn on and off the screen lights.
Batteries can last up to 2 days.
negatives: small screen
overview: there are more positive than negative points
The centre key isn't durable enough like other nokia
Is it possible to convert a 1208 phone to this 1209? I've seen someone selling a 1208 and he/she said it's converted to 1209
it also has got 4MB. the only drawback is that the screen is too small,the keypad is not much good for messaging,else the set is brilliant
Can you please tell me how to increase the in-coming call volume on this phone?
The 1209 is a pretty decent (and mind you classy-looking) entry level phone from Nokia - and it works just great! :) One thing people rant about is that it is basically the 1208 with a different front cover. And yes- they're basically right. The casing used is made of hard plastic and has smoothed edges for that more premium look. That was what they had in mind when they made the phone anyway; an entry level phone with a bit of class. Of course, like it's cousins the 1200 and 1208, the phone uses the same software (I forgot how they call it) albeit the display screen is a little better than that of the 1208 (dont ask me how, as that is what the box says). Overall, people seeking a good everyday phone with a bit of good looks should opt for this one - it has talktime and reception quality on par with most entry level Nokia phones but with an additional bit of style. :)
Will Nokia 1209 worn in US with T-Mobile or AT&T?